1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

1898: THE GATTON MURDERS: Michael, Norah, & Ellen Murphy murdered in Gatton, QLD

Discussion in 'Historical Cold Cases - Pre 1950' started by Lily, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Another Gatton Murder?

A Girl Found Horribly Mutilated.

IN connection with the mysterious disappearance of the girl Mary Leblowitz at Eureka, near Degilbo, a rail- way station between Maryborough and Gayndah, the Commissioner of Police has received a telegram stating that the search had resulted in the discovery of her dead body in the bush, and that foul play was suspected. A doctor is proceeding to the spot for the purpose of making a post-mortem examination. Meanwhile a number of police and black trackers are scouring the country in search of the suspected perpetrators.

Evening.

In connection with the outrage and supposed murder near Degilbo on Box- ing Day, the Commissioner of Police has received a number of telegrams on the subject from Sub-Inspector Driscoll, who is investigating the case. In effect the body of the girl Leblowitz was found by her father yesterday afternoon on Towah Creek, half-a-mile from his residence. A post-mortem examination by Dr. Challends revealed the fact that a horrible murder had been committed, the girl having been apparently first stunned by a blow on the back of the head, while the throat was cut and both lungs stabbed through. There was a deep stab in each groin, with several superficial wounds. The girl had also been outraged.

There is absolutely no clue to the perpetrators of the deed.

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article75674965

2. SGB

SGB New Member

Hi There,
    All I want is to solve this thing.
    Maybe then all involved can finally rest including myself.
    Here is link to some things received recently from an anonymous person, just how authentic it may be it is up to the interpreter of the information as to how it is used by others is not my responsibility. http://www.gattonmurders.com/GattonEvidence.pdf
    I make no claims this stuff is authentic.

Any help, input or thoughts would be most appreciated. My view is no 1 person can solve this Mystery.
    The Truth Will Set Us All FREE.
    My personal opinion can be found here. http://www.gattonmurders.com/

Good Luck And Regards,
    Steve

Kimster and Lily like this.
  3. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Steve, you must know by now how grateful I am for any contribution from you.

That said, excuse me but... I'd like to grab whoever doctored up those documents and give them a swift kick in the pants. Maybe several.

A coroner's report from the 1800's --- with "toxicology" on it? And all the other anachronistic papers used... WTH was this person thinking?! It's just maddening, really, as stuff like that can only muddy waters that are already murky enough. I cannot say what among any of that is real, and what is pure bull manure. I even suspect some of the written materials are outright forgeries.

Pft. Pardon my little vent, there.

(not at you, Steve, of course!)

4. SGB

SGB New Member

Hi There,
    Thanks once again for your interest and sensible input regarding this amazing case.
    I am hoping some of that stuff is true but until I can get an expert to study it I must treat them all as false. It is interesting that all of it seems to back up my theory. Maybe just an elaborate hoax.
    At least two at this stage appear to be genuine Meston's Report and the poem. Here's hoping anyway.
    I have been at this for over seven years now and it still won't go away.
    I am getting old now and unless someone younger wants to take over the reins all my work will end up lost.

Regards,
    Steve

Lily likes this.
  5. SGB

SGB New Member

Lily likes this.