1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NC ABBY PATTERSON: Missing from Lumberton, NC where 3 other women found deceased - 5 Sept 2017 - Age 20

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by Kimster, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG]

Authorities are offering a $5,000 reward for information that helps them find a 20-year-old woman who vanished nearly four weeks ago in Lumberton.

Abby Patterson was last seen Sept. 5 getting into a brown Buick near East Ninth Street, Lumberton police said.

atterson is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. She has brown hair and eyes and light skin with a birth mark on the back left thigh and a bird tattoo on her shoulder, police say.

Patterson was wearing brown shorts and a white shirt when she was last seen.

Police are asking anyone with information on her disappearance to call them at (910) 671-3845.

http://wncn.com/2017/10/01/reward-offered-for-nc-woman-missing-nearly-4-weeks/

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...eared-from-lumberton-n-c-on-sept-5-2017.2730/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Uno2Much, noZme and spike like this.
  2. Kimster

Authorities are searching for the young woman — who has not been seen or heard from since — as they also probe the deaths of three other women whose bodies were found weeks apart from each other in a three-block area of Lumberton.

"At this point we don't know if there's a connection," Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill said of the women.

"We’re soliciting help from the community," McNeill told Fox News. "Someone out there has information we need."

Investigators discovered the body of Christina Bennett, 32, on April 18 inside an abandoned home in Lumberton — a city of close to 22,000 people in Robeson County. That same day, the remains of Rhonda Jones were found in a nearby trash container.

Neighborhood resident 28-year-old Megan Oxendine was interviewed by a local news station at the time Jones' body was discovered. Weeks later, on June 3, Oxendine's remains were found about 500 feet away from the other women’s remains.

There were no obvious signs of trauma to the victims, and police are still waiting for official autopsy reports from the state Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Raleigh, McNeill said.

An FBI spokeswoman confirmed to Fox News on Thursday that the bureau is assisting local police with the investigations.

In the case of Patterson, police said they have identified the man last seen with the young woman, who was living in Florida and visiting her mother in Lumberton for two days when she disappeared.

"We’re still talking to him," Lumberton Police Department Captain Terry Parker said to Fox News.

"We think it’s someone she knew, but we're not sure," said Parker, who did not name the man or say whether he's considered a person of interest in the case.

More at link ----------------> http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/0...-carolina-town-where-3-others-found-dead.html

Uno2Much, noZme and spike like this.
  3. spike

spike Bronze Member

This town is right off of I-95.
    The killer could be from anywhere.

My DIL's family live near coastal N.C.
    Her uncle, who owns a gunshop and lives in a farmhouse on the property, awoke at 3 a.m. one morning to noise at the shop.
    He grabbed his weapon, walked outside and found 3 people trying to break into the shop.
    Turns out they were from D.C.!!
    The uncle lives out in the middle of nowhere but these perps had been driving from D.C., robbing rural areas all through N.C. by way of I-95.

Cops arrested them, rapsheets a mile long.

I hope this killer is caught.

Sunburst, Uno2Much, noZme and 2 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Bladen County family still awaiting news on missing woman

On Sept. 5, after being discharged from a drug rehabilitation center, Abby Lynn Patterson, 20, came to the area to visit her mother, Lumberton resident Samantha Lovette. According to Lumberton Police Capt. Terry Parker, Patterson called an acquaintance to pick her up from the treatment center and has not been heard from since she was seen getting into a brown Buick in the area of East Ninth Street in Lumberton.

According to Lovette, Abby told her mother she would be home within an hour. After the hour passed, Lovette tried to call her cell phone, but only got voicemail.

“It’s been going straight to voicemail ever since,” Lovette said.

The story received national attention this month, possibly because Patterson is the fourth woman to go missing from Lumberton this year. CBS aired the story earlier this month with the caption “Serial killer on the loose?”

Parker told CBS news he did not think Patterson’s disappearance is related to the deaths of three other women who have gone missing this year. On April 18, the body of 32-year-old Christina Bennett was found in a house, and, on the same day, the remains of 36-year-old Rhonda Jones were found in a trash can. On June 3, the body of 28-year-old Megan Ann Oxendine was found in Lumberton behind a house.

Although autopsies have been completed, causes of death have not yet been determined because of the badly decomposed states of the bodies. Police have not yet said if the three deaths are related, but have said Patterson’s disappearance does not seem to be related.

CBS also said authorities are offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads them to Patterson.

http://www.bladenjournal.com/news/14652/bladen-county-family-still-awaiting-news-on-missing-woman

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Reward now $10,000 for info on missing woman

A Lumber Bridge chicken-processing plant has doubled the reward being offered for information leading to a missing woman from Robeson County.

Sandy Bryan said Mountaire Farms has added $5,000 to the reward being offered for information on information on where Abby Patterson is. Bryan and Patterson, 20, are sisters.

The money is added to $5,000 previously offered by family and friends.

“This has gotten national attention, and there’s a lot of bad information out there,” she said. “The ($5,000 originally released) is not being offered by law enforcement, but by family and friends. We want to be very clear on that.

“With this addition from Mountaire Farms, the reward is now $10,000,” she said.

http://www.robesonian.com/news/103811/reward-now-10000-for-info-on-missing-woman

Uno2Much, spike and Kimster like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Abby Patterson disappearance: $10K reward offered in missing woman case

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of a woman who disappeared nearly two months ago after leaving her family's rural North Carolina home.

Patterson vanished from the same area where three other women were found dead within the last six months -- though authorities do not believe there is a connection between Patterson and the victims.

"Anything is possible but we do not think they're related," Lumberton Police Capt. Terry Parker told Fox News on Wednesday.

The Robesonian newspaper reported that an increased reward of $10,000 is being offered for any tips leading to the location of Patterson, who had just been released from a drug rehabilitation center at the time of her disappearance.

"We know she's not out there by choice," Bryan said. "She talks to my mom every day, and we haven’t heard from her since (she was seen getting into the Buick)."

In the case of Patterson, police said they have identified the man last seen with the young woman, who was living in Florida and visiting her mother in Lumberton for two days when she disappeared.

"We think it’s someone she knew, but we're not sure," said Parker, who did not name the man or say whether he's considered a person of interest in the case.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/0...10k-reward-offered-in-missing-woman-case.html

Uno2Much, Kimster and spike like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI joins search for missing NC woman

The FBI is searching for a North Carolina woman who went missing in September.

The FBI said its Charlotte Division and the Lumberton Police Department are searching for Abby Lynn Patterson.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/36861792/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-nc-woman

FBI now involved in search for missing Lumberton woman

The FBI is now helping the Lumberton Police Department in the search for Abby Lynn Patterson, 20, according to a news release.

The FBI has issued a missing person poster to request assistance from the public in finding her.

The poster will be featured on the FBI's website and social media platforms.

http://wpde.com/news/local/fbi-now-involved-in-search-for-missing-lumberton-woman

[​IMG]

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI highlights Graham, Patterson cases

Two missing women from Robeson County were among three in North Carolina who were highlighted Friday as part of National Missing Children’s Day.

The Charlotte Division of the FBI asked the public’s help in finding Sara Nicole Graham of Fairmont and Abby Lynn Patterson of Lumberton. The third missing person highlighted is from Shelby, Asha Jaquilla Degree.

Patterson, who was 20 at the time, has not been seen since she left her East Ninth Street home in Lumberton on Sept. 5, 2017. She was seen getting into a brown Buick. Patterson has two distinguishing features, a tattoo of a bird on her left shoulder and a birthmark on the back of her left thigh.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 each for information leading to Graham or Patterson.

https://www.robesonian.com/news/111541/fbi-highlights-graham-patterson-cases

Uno2Much likes this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI searching for missing woman on Alamac Road in Lumberton

The FBI spent Monday searching for Abby Lynn Patterson, 20, on Alamac Road in Lumberton, according to FBI Charlotte Public Information Officer Shelly Lynch.

Lynch released the following statement: "The FBI and Lumberton Police Department conducted a search yesterday as part of the ongoing investigation to locate Abby Lynn Patterson. We continue to assist LPD with this case and encourage the public to come forward with information to help locate Abby. "

https://wpde.com/news/local/fbi-searching-for-missing-woman-on-alamac-road-in-lumberton

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  10. spike

spike Bronze Member

Another?? :(

11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh. Just realized this is the same young woman.

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Pond search fails to find Abby

The search for a missing 20-year-old Lumberton woman moved to the Alamac Road area of Robeson County earlier this week, according to an FBI spokesperson, but Abby Patterson remains missing.

“The FBI and Lumberton Police Department conducted a search Monday as part of the ongoing investigation to locate Abby Lynn Patterson,” Shelley Lynch said Wednesday. “We continue to assist LPD with this case.”

“We’ve done a number of searches and continue to follow leads. An agent spoke with Abby’s mother after the search,” Lynch said. “We encourage the public to come forward with information to help locate Abby.”

Bernice Locklear, who’s lived at Alamac Road and Flamingo Drive for nearly 20 years, said he saw a lot of police activity behind his home this past month.

“All I seen were the laws out there two days ago. I didn’t ask them anything,” Locklear said. “There was a mixture of unmarked cars and marked ones. Fayetteville was out there. They were back in the woods over there.”

Locklear walked with a reporter from The Robesonian about a quarter of a mile past a light gray house with a pond in front of it and down a curved path to another pond that appeared to have been drained.

“Yep, it’s (the house) been vacant for at least two years. Me and my wife used to take walks back here,” Locklear said. “I would say that pond is about 50 feet long and 30 feet wide. Probably, maybe 10 to 12 foot deep. Looks like they drained it.”

Debris, including an old car door and a shredded couch cushion, littered the edge of the pond.

About a month ago, lawmen on inflatable boats were seen dragging the pond in front of the abandoned house on Flamingo Drive, he said.

“They were over at that house about four weeks ago, about a dozen cars and double the people,” Locklear said. “They had boats on that pond. They were scraping the bottom. They had two dogs out there sniffing.”

He wasn’t aware of Patterson’s disappearance until Wednesday when he was shown media posts about the recent searches, Locklear said. A photo posted online had his house in the image.

“I been asking neighbors, you know, about why they (lawmen) keep coming, but don’t nobody tell me nothing. This morning when I was at the bank the tellers asked me about it since, I guess, you know, I live on Alamac.

“I saw my house. I didn’t know anything about it, I didn’t know why. When I see them out there I just watch.”

The mother of Abby Patterson is pleading with the public to stop posting rumors on social media. Reading them is deeply distressing for her family.

MORE: https://www.robesonian.com/top-stories/113272/pond-search-fails-to-find-abby

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

1 year later: What happened to missing NC woman Abby Patterson?

Lumberton police say one year after a 20-year-old woman was reported missing, there are still few clues for detectives to follow.

Abby Lynn Patterson disappeared one year ago Wednesday on September 5, 2017. While the Lumberton Police Department is still actively investigating her disappearance, Captain Terry Parker says detectives are still unsure what happened to Patterson.

“Detectives have followed a number of leads, but have not determined what happened to Abby after she left her home last year,” Capt. Parker says in a press release Wednesday morning.

Just months prior to Patterson's disappearance, the bodies of three women were found in Lumberton. Rhonda Jones' body was found in a trash can at 702 E. 5th St. in east Lumberton on April 18, 2017. On the same day, the body of Christina "Kristin" Bennett was found in the same vicinity, inside a home at 505 Peachtree Street. Megan Oxendine's body was found a few blocks away about six and a half weeks later on June 3, 2017.

Despite the close timeline, police say Patterson's disappearance is not related to the deaths of the other women as there are few similarities in the cases.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Abby Lynn Patterson is asked to call the Lumberton Police Department at 910-671-3845 and speak with Detective David Williford.

https://www.wspa.com/news/1-year-later-what-happened-to-missing-nc-woman-abby-patterson-/1420019800

Kimster, kdg411 and Uno2Much like this.
  14. Kimster

This pretty much tells us they're keeping a lot of things under wraps, so they do have some information. However, doesn't appear they have information on what happened to her ultimately. What a mystery.

spike and kdg411 like this.
  15. Blue G 3

Blue G 3 Well-Known Member

16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Family of missing Lumberton woman celebrate her birthday

It has been nearly a year and a half since Abby Lynn Patterson disappeared from a street in Lumberton.

Saturday her loved ones celebrated her birthday, and tried to keep her light and her case alive.

On a cold day in February, the warmth of family and friends.

"I'm her voice and her advocate," said Abby's mother Samantha Lovette. "I just felt like it would give me a chance to get her name out."

On a cold day in February, the warmth of being together, balloons of every color, aloft on a cold winter wind. It's a quiet moment of relief for a mother who refuses to give up.

"Releasing those balloons just released some of my grief and my anger," Lovette said.

Abby's mom said she hears from investigators at least every week, and that they are still working leads to try and find out what happened to her. Family and friends are offering a $10,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for her disappearance.

https://wpde.com/news/local/family-of-missing-lumberton-woman-celebrate-her-birthday

MrsS, kdg411 and spike like this.
  17. Kimster

LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities in Robeson County are again investigating after skeletal remains were found near a railroad track.

The latest case follows a string of Lumberton-area murders and disappearances that have left a lot of questions.

Investigators are hoping to pinpoint this person and figure out exactly how another person ended up dead near train tracks in Lumberton.

Authorities found the bones just before noon on Wednesday. They were near Barker Ten Mile Road and Powersville Road, just outside of Lumberton.

Since then, deputies have launched an investigation and they've been busy already trying to solve several similar crimes.

At the end of 2018, deputies identified a skull that was also found near train tracks in Robeson County.

Deputies have also been working clues to solve the highly publicized deaths of three women in 2017.

Those cases still haven't been solved and are the subject of "32 Degrees," a podcast by CBS 17's Russ Bowen.

The 2017 disappearance of Abby Patterson and the 2015 disappearance of Nicole Graham in 2015 have also not been solved. Those are just some of the dozens of unsolved cases.

The latest discovery is just another mystery for the Robeson County Sheriff's Office to solve.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-ne...al-remains-found-in-robeson-county/1819798651

ima.grandma, MrsS, Blue G 3 and 2 others like this.
  18. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

[​IMG]
    (From left to right: Abby Lynn Patterson, Sara Nicole Graham, Asha Jaquilla Degree)

National Missing Children’s Day is Saturday and the Charlotte division of the FBI is asking for leads or information regarding three missing North Carolina children.

Ashea Jaquilla Degree was 9 years old when she was reported missing from her Shelby home in February 2000. Police said Asha left the home and walked along North Carolina Highway 18 in Cleveland County. A year later, her bookbag was found along NC 18 in Burke County.

There is a $45,000 reward for information that leads to Asha or an arrest.

Sara Nicole Graham, then 18, left her home in Fairmont to go to work at Wal-Mart in Pembroke in February 2015, but she next showed up. Her van was found abandoned in a field later that day.
    Patterson is described as a white female, 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing about 140 pounds with brown eyes, brown hair and a tattoo of a bird on her shoulder.

Anyone with information on the cases is asked to call 911 or FBI's Charlotte Field Office at 704-672-6100.
    https://www.independenttribune.com/...cle_c25b6252-7e3c-11e9-a58f-2782cd2f8a0d.html

April 18 will mark two years since Kristin Bennett and Rhonda Jones were found dead in Lumberton.

Both cases remain unsolved. But, CBS 17 has learned that additional evidence has recently been submitted to the state crime lab for testing.

Bennett was found naked in a television cabinet in an abandoned home and Jones was found that same day in a trash can across the street. Megan Oxendine, a friend of Bennett and Jones, was also found dead in June in the same neighborhood.

Rhonda Jones’ mother Shelia Price says she was told by investigators that the additional evidence includes nail clippings.

The North Carolina Department of Justice confirms additional evidence for all three cases is currently being worked by "multiple sections" of the state crime lab.

Just last month, CBS 17 uncovered the fact that the women's sexual assault kits weren't submitted by the Lumberton Police Department to be tested until 20 months after Bennett and Jones were found dead. The kits were sent out just weeks after CBS 17's Russ Bowen began investigating the cases.

This latest round of testing is not related to the testing of the sexual assault kits.
    https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-ne...eaths-of-3-lumberton-women-in-2017/1902378377

Saturday marks National Missing Children’s Day, and the FBI is using the occasion to put out a reminder on children it is still seeking to bring home.

In North Carolina, the FBI has multiple active investigations for missing children, in coordination with local law enforcement agencies.

Asha Degree left her home in Shelby on Feb. 14, 2000. She was seen walking along the highway a few hours later, and then was never seen again.

Sara Graham left her home in Fairmont to go to work on Feb. 4, 2015, but never arrived.

Abby Lynn Patterson left her home in Lumberton on Sept. 5, 2017, and has not been seen since.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/t...-on-national-missing-children-s-day/952431940

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Kimster and kdg411 like this.