1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on October 12.
    An unknown man and woman picked up Kamille and put her in their vehicle.
    The suspect vehicle is a blue or black SUV, possibly a Toyota 4-Runner, with rims and a “peanut butter brown” protruding bumper.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

ABDUL RAHMAN AL-HAMDAN: Murdered in Temple Terrace, FL - 15 July 2002

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Jason Futch, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

[​IMG]
    On July 15th, 2002, the decomposing body of Abdul Rahman Al-Hamdman (or possibly al-Hamdan) was found in his apartment at the Colonial Grand Apartments at 8504 W Riverchase in Temple Terrace, Florida (Now known as The Park at Valenza). Very little information is known about this case at this time, but it is considered a cold case. I am attempting to find more information on this case and more on him so an online "footprint" can be built for Mr. Al-Hamdman.

WHAT I KNOW ALREADY: According to some newspaper articles I dug up on him and this case is that Mr. Al-Hamdman was a Saudi-born immigrant who lived in Florida for a bit. He was 47 years old at the time of his death and that he was married to a Margie Murphy al-Hamden. Weird, however, I cannot find anything on her or her marriage to this man. He was apparently strangled to death, and at the time of his murder, investigators were seeking out information from family, friends and associates of Mr. Al-Hamdman to see if they knew of anything or if they remembered the last time he was seen.

PERSONAL NOTE: I am very perplexed by this case, if not extremely saddened by this case. He looked like a nice guy, and taking account of what we know, it appears that he worked hard for what he had and lived the American dream. Unfortunately, because I don't know too much about this case, I cannot exclude that this was a possible hate crime, as this murder happened just two months shy of the anniversary of 9/11. I really hope that the murderer is caught in this case.

GarAndMo49, kdg411, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  2. Jason Futch

3. Jason Futch

4. Jason Futch

UPDATE: TTPD emailed back to my records request. They are going to send me public info via US Mail, so when I get a chance I’m gonna send off for the report. When I get it, I’ll upload it to the internet.

GarAndMo49, kdg411, Skitt and 2 others like this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

Perhaps he married for a green card?
    Time will tell.
    There is so much vicious crime in Florida now, I would hesitate to call any crime a hate crime without details.
    There are gangs, drugs and muderers who kill for no reason whatsoever.
    He may have trusted an evil predator.

6. Jason Futch

Those are possibilities, certainly!

7. Jason Futch

I should be getting ahold of the report pretty soon. I am making arrangments with Ms. Cardona at TTPD to get this info sent to me. If she can send them scanned, I will likely upload them to this forum for further discussion.

GarAndMo49 and Kimster like this.
  8. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

kdg411, GarAndMo49 and Jason Futch like this.
  9. Jason Futch

So I received the report on Saturday regarding this case. I wouldn't even call it a report. It was more or less a playbill. It only had the list of names the police involved, but however confirmed a couple of things. First, he was married to one Margie Murphy Al-Hamdan. Additionally, it confirms that his name is AL-HAMDAN, not Al-Hamdman as FDLE and other outlets have suggested (@Kimster request to edit the name of Mr. Al-Hamdan).

But some questions have been spurred. First, was Abdul and Margie separated? It showed that Margie lived in Tampa, and Abdul lived in Temple Terrace. Also, I was able to do some further research to find relatives of Abdul's, and I was able to find a son named Brewce that I intend to reach out to soon...just gotta build the courage to do it.

I will have the files uploaded in photo form this week sometime.

10. Jason Futch

I just reached out to Brewce Murphy, who I think is Mr. Al-Hamdan's son or close relative in Florida. I sent a message to him via Facebook, hoping to hear from him. I am nervous about this, because the last thing I want to do is stoke fires or reopen wounds. This family seems pretty private and if they don't want me to do this episode, I may pull it from the TCCF lineup.

This is probably just my nerves rattled since its been a while since I reached out like this.

GarAndMo49 and Skitt like this.
  11. Jason Futch

DOCUMENTS!!!!

Attached are the Al-Hamdan Files that I received from the Temple Terrace Police Department a couple of weeks ago. I hope this is a further start to allow Mr. Al-Hamdan an online footprint and more coverage.

As mentioned in a previous post, there isn't much information other than names and numbers (no SSN's). More than likely, the names and numbers are no longer valid. But, the documents do provide information, such as a possible workplace for him, which appears to be a place called Olympia Bakery. I further researched this workplace and it appears that it is now the Olympia Bakery and Catering Service. Hopefully these peak someone's interest and if anyone has questions, feel free to inquire!

Attached Files:

GarAndMo49, kdg411 and Skitt like this.
  12. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

@Jason Futch

[​IMG]

I have reviewed crime stoppers unsolved crimes & cold case homicides and couldn't find any information on this person. Do you know if there is still a reward being offered by anyone? Also, what is the correct spelling of his last name?

GarAndMo49 and Jason Futch like this.
  13. Jason Futch

Yeah I tried to find his case on both sites and there was nothing. Not sure why. As far as I know, the reward is still valid, but nothing confirmed. I’m also trying to get news media interested in the case because there is just so little info police are willing to give about this case which is unfortunate.

I confirmed it to be Al-Hamdan with his son-in-law Brewce Murphy.

GarAndMo49, Skitt and kdg411 like this.
  14. Jason Futch

The only thing I’ve been able to find is the Cold Case Playing Card inclusion from FDLE and a couple of newspaper articles from the Tampa Times. The only real info I’ve been able to
    get is from the news article above. I’m gonna be reaching out to his wife tonight to see if she’s interested in doing an interview since I haven’t heard from Brewce yet since our last exchange.

GarAndMo49 and kdg411 like this.
  15. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Due to his history with LE he probably is hesitant. I'll keep looking and see if I can find out anything else.

GarAndMo49, Jason Futch and Skitt like this.
  16. Jason Futch

That’s what I gathered. When I first found out about Brewce, I did an LEO lookup and appeared he had a small rap sheet, but more or less for drug possession or DWI. I think I also saw a battery charge but I could be wrong.

GarAndMo49 and kdg411 like this.
  17. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Palace Murphy (likely Margie's sister) has a son with more serious charges which gives me pause. Detective Bernard Seeley (now Deputy Chief) put the information out and should have provided a follow up especially given that this was classified a premeditated homicide. His contact info is in the following link. https://templeterrace.com/Directory.aspx?did=6

GarAndMo49, Skitt and Jason Futch like this.
  18. Jason Futch

Good find! I believe that Palace is Margie's sister. I wasn't aware of Palace having a son. How did you find that info? Could you send it to my inbox?

The more I keep digging in, I keep wondering if this was an inside job (no disrespect to the family of course), or if Mr. Al-Hamdan knew his killer. I did some Google Maps research and the location where Mr. Al-Hamdan lived and the location of his burning car is about 20 minutes with good traffic at night. The address where the car was located is 4904 West Nassau Street in Tampa, which is the location of a business called JTS Interprises. It looks like its located in a business/industrial neighborhood outside of Tampa International Airport-typical area to dump evidence like a stolen car--or hell a body, especially in 2002 before businesses took surveillance more seriously.

If Mr. Al-Hamdan was the victim of a random attack, was it gang related? IF it was gang related, would Al-Hamdan have been strangled as mentioned or gunned down? GOSH so many questions run through my head the further I dig in.

19. Jason Futch

UPDATE: I received some interesting information about this case and more on Mr. Al-Hamdan’s background and am trying to see if it will be okay or appropriate to keep his case in this lineup. Not sure I’ll share what I found just yet until I configure with a few people and get some advice! I’ll post an update in the coming days, likely with the info I have.

20. Jason Futch

The last few days have been very interesting concerning this case. I found something that may help in TRULY understanding what this case is all about; and for those of you who have been following, this is going to blow your mind. I truly wasn't expecting this find and neither was @kdg411 I don't think. Here we go, from the top...

WHAT WE KNOW: Abdul Rahman Al-Hamdan was found murdered in his apartment, at an advanced stage of decomposition. He had been strangled and days before, his car was found smoldering in an industrial lot in Tampa. He was married and two years later, a reward was announced that equated to $11000. Now that's out of the way, on to the story at hand...

WHAT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED: Since I undertook researching this case, I tried to find everything I could on this case; which also meant digging through newspaper archives. Unfortunately, I never found anything substantial on the case until a few days ago, after I had typed in Abdul's wife's name (Margie Murphy).
    What I would find is a half-page article describing the events, key players, and a little background on Abdul. And for one, this blew my mind and shocked me.

I am going to let this article from the Tampa Bay Times from November 1st, 2004 do all the talking. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

[​IMG]

kdg411 and Skitt like this.