1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

ABDUL RAHMAN AL-HAMDAN: Murdered in Temple Terrace, FL - 15 July 2002

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Jason Futch, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

kdg411 and Jason Futch like this.
  2. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

I posted an image of the article, you should be able to see it now. If not I’ll repost it.

Skitt likes this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I'm not able to view the image either.

Skitt likes this.
  4. Jason Futch

5. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Got it ..
    Thanks a lot, Jason!

ETA: The article is 15 years old.... nothing more has come from it, I guess. It almost seems that no one cares he is gone.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    kdg411 and Jason Futch like this.
  6. Jason Futch

One of the first things I think of is that Temple Terrace PD are treating this man like a criminal like his life never mattered. I get it, it’s a very sketchy situation; but the man wasn’t a hardened criminal. I think they treat all cases like this like trash. They have tons of unsolved murders and disappearances in that town.

They haven’t even been able to respect the fact that I’m wanting to do a story on him. Every time I have reached out, I’ve been given the cold shoulder. It’s unfortunate.

7. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Very unfortunate, Jason. I commend you for forging ahead and making your best effort to get answers. It has piqued my interest, for sure.

Paradise and kdg411 like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for reposting @Jason Futch
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Paradise, kdg411 and Skitt like this.
  9. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

This is one of the strangest cases. Why does no one in the family seem to care?

Paradise and Jason Futch like this.
  10. Jason Futch

I completely agree. Since my last message to Brewce, he’s not responded back and it’s been real difficult trying to not only contact Margie, but also the Temple Terrace Police Department as well.

I’m gonna try one more email. If it doesn’t work, I’m not sure what else I can do with this case other than maybe bump this thread once in a while and hope it doesn’t get forgotten.

11. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

I feel sad about it, but with no cooperating family or friends, there isn't much we can do. Bumping it up occasionally probably is the best we will get now. But I do think you did well in gathering as much info as you have, Jason. Don't let it discourage you.

Paradise, kdg411 and Jason Futch like this.
  12. Jason Futch

Thanks Skitt, it definitely makes me feel sad as well.

Hopefully soon someone will step up to the plate and take responsibility for what happened. In the meantime, I will await for more information regarding this case and still plan to cover it on TCCF in November.

13. Jason Futch

NEW INFORMATION: I just got off the phone with Corporal Valentine of the Temple Terrace PD. Currently, the case is Active Pending, but no new leads and nothing substantial. Also, no one from TTPD has been able to reach out to (or find) Margie Murphy concerning the case. He is going to check and see if the reward information is still accurate, but as of right now, it is certainly a cold case and no other information can be released other than what is known.

14. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Missing Margie.... maybe we need to put out a BOLO? (Just kidding)

15. Jason Futch

Lol I am tempted to do it!

But on a serious note, remember in the article where it was mentioned investigators suspects Abdul was paying Margie to stay married to him? I see why they suspected this; and something tells me Margie's refusal to cooperate with police--and myself--may have something to do with this. Keep in mind, this is my opinion only.

Apparently in 2001, there were four Saudi immigrants that were detained for entering into "sham marriages" in the Tampa area. I am not sure what the result of this was, as I haven't dug deep enough; however it sounds like it was common among the Muslim community to enter into these "arrangements". I wonder if what Margie said in the Times interview was the truth. I also noticed in the interviews, he was mostly seen in public by himself. Omar Mattar mentioned he was always seen alone eating at a Middle Eastern restaurant. Additionally Abdulhafiz Atiyeh mentioned he would come in between prayer at the store and just talk to him, not mentioning ever coming in with his wife.

One thing that would debunk this is the fact that Margie DID live with Abdul until early in 2002, shortly before his death. However, I wonder what her alibi was during the time Abdul's car disappeared and her "discovering" Abdul's body. As far as we currently know, according to the Tampa Times, Margie still hasn't been ruled out as a suspect. I really would love to know what she was doing. It appears that Abdul definitely died a violent death because there was mention of blood on the railings. He must have been violently beaten before he was strangled, and I recall in a conversation I had with @kdg411, it was mentioned a strangulation death would have to be very personal. What if Margie killed Abdul? She sees the prostitute's belongings in the house and it sets her off. Abdul was "tinkering" with the television set, so it would make sense that the channel on the TV was a Spanish speaking channel. Perhaps he was in the process of fixing the television when he was killed. It could have been a blindsided attack by Margie, and when the beating wasn't enough for her, even though she debilitated him, she strangled him to death.

Remember, this is theory and perhaps my opinion, I mean it's one of the reasons why I think its been hard to reach her in recent years and why her son won't help me. Sounds like he knows something. He was willing to help until he stopped messaging me and essentially lied to me about trying to reach out to Margie. Who knows.

Below is an article referencing the aforementioned "sham marriages".

img (2).jpg

Paradise, Skitt, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

It is plausible, Jason. Maybe mama told her son to shut up and not talk anyone.

Paradise, Jason Futch and kdg411 like this.
  17. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

I find it difficult to believe that TTPD can't find Margie especially since they have her name, dob, ss#, drivers license, etc. Or maybe they haven't really tried. :rolleyes:

Paradise, Skitt and Jason Futch like this.