1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

ALBERTA HARRIS: Florida vs. Eugene Johnson for murder *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 13, 2016.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Missing Fort Myers woman's disappearance 'suspicious'

[​IMG]

Fort Myers police are searching for a woman whose disappearance is being called "suspicious."

Alberta Harris, 50, was last seen at her Dupree Street home on Saturday morning around 9:15.

Her husband, Oliver Freeman, says he saw her just before he left for work.

"I looked at my phone at 12:30 p.m. I said my wife ain't called me, something ain't right, she'll call me later. By 7 p.m., still no answer," he said.

Oliver said he and his niece found the car when they were driving home from the police station. He said there was blood inside and the driver side window was broken, but FMPD has not yet confirmed that information.

Oliver and his daughter, Ebony Freeman, believe Harris was taken and they think they know who took her. They say they have told police this information.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/31694450/missing-fort-myers-womans-disappearance-suspicious

spike, Kimster and MadgeS like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing Fort Myers woman's daughter: 'I just want my mom back'

A missing woman's car parked at a local flea market with a broken driver's window, blood and the missing woman's purse and belongings still inside has presented a mystery for police and her family.

Freeman said that while friends and family were looking for her mother a cousin spotted her 2005 silver GMC Yukon, at 8:40 a.m. Sunday in the parking lot of the Fleamasters Fleamarket on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

Freeman said her mom was not known to go to the flea market. "That was unusual for her," she said.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...say-womans-disappearance-suspicious/82925650/

spike, Kimster and MadgeS like this.
  3. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.news-press.com/story/new...say-womans-disappearance-suspicious/82925650/

Missing Fort Myers woman's daughter: 'I just want my mom back'

A missing woman's car parked at a local flea market with a broken driver's window, blood and the missing woman's purse and belongings still inside has presented a mystery for police and her family.

The daughter of Alberta Harris, 50, of Dupree Street in Fort Myers, said Tuesday that she has no idea what happened to her and just wants her mom back.

"All I know is somebody went after her," Ebony Freeman, 29, said. "She would not just pick up and leave her family."

Anyone with information on Harris’ whereabouts is asked to call FMPD at 239-321-7700, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...s-florida-last-seen-9-april-2016-age-50.1407/

spike and MadgeS like this.
  4. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

5. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

I wish they could tell us WHO they think MAY be connected to Ms Harris' disappearance. I know they have their reason for not revealing WHO, but .....................

Wonder if she was a witness to another crime or something?

:(
    JMHO
    fran

6. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

:(

spike and Kimster like this.
  7. Summer_breeze

spike likes this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

spike and Summer_breeze like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FDLE: Hendry body is female, homicide case opened

The body discovered in a wooded area of Hendry County on Thursday – just across the Lee County line -- is female, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the death as a homicide.

An FDLE spokesperson said Friday that the medical examiner's office is completing its examination to determine a positive identification, which is expected next week.

"I know in my heart and Ebony knows in her heart and we all know, and we're just waiting for them to tell us we found Berta," said Angie Becker, a family friend. "All of the descriptions they gave about Berta -- the tattoos. You know, a black female, the pink fingernails."

http://www.abc-7.com/story/31793867/fdle-hendry-body-is-female-homicide-case-opened

GarAndMo49 and spike like this.
  10. Summer_breeze

GarAndMo49 and spike like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Suspect charged in death of Lee County bus driver

A man whom law enforcement described as the boyfriend of a beloved Lee County bus driver has been charged with second-degree murder in connection to her death in April.

Eugene Johnson, 61, was arrested in August but released in September when the state failed to gather enough evidence linking him to the death of Alberta Harris. But that changed Monday when the state attorney’s office officially filed its charge in Hendry County.

Johnson entered a not-guilty plea and is not in custody. The next court date in the case is set for February.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/11/15/...ree-murder-in-death-of-lee-county-bus-driver/

Man accused of murdering Lee bus driver back in jail

The family of a murdered Lee County school bus driver says they won't stop fighting for justice.

Investigators say Eugene Johnson shot and stabbed Alberta Harris, an ex-girlfriend and mother of six, back in April and then dumped her body in rural Hendry County.

He was arrested in connection to her death but was let go when the state failed to filed charges against him in time.

The judge siding with the state leaving the victim's family hopeful the case is back on track after all this time.

“There is a significant danger to the community now that the felony charge has been filed," said Hendry County Judge James Sloan.

“It ain't over, this is just the beginning, just the beginning," Freeman said.

The bond for Johnson was set at $500,000.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34092467/man-accused-of-murdering-lee-bus-driver-back-in-jail

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

kdg411 likes this.