1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX ALEXIS WARTENA: Missing from Amarillo, TX - 19 July 2016 - Age 7 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by walkie-talkie, Jul 19, 2016.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

7-year-old girl with autism missing out of Amarillo

A 7-year-old girl with autism is now missing out of Amarillo, according to police.

Police said Alexis Wartena has been missing since about 3 p.m. She went missing from the Kiva Motel, near Interstate 40 and Quarter Horse Drive.

UPDATE: The Amarillo Police Department has set up a tip line for tips pertaining to the missing child only. If anyone has information on this incident please call 806-378-4248.

http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/7-year-old-girl-with-autism-missing-out-of-amarillo

Ladyslug and Paradise like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

Ladyslug, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  3. walkie-talkie

Wartena is about 4-feet tall and 65 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes and is wearing a blue pull-up diaper.

Police said Wartena is non-verbal autistic but will answer to her name.

Any information about her whereabouts can be reported to police at 806-378-3038.

Police said officers are now looking for her. The DPS helicopter is also assisting in the search.

http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/7-year-old-girl-with-autism-missing-out-of-amarillo

4. walkie-talkie

5. walkie-talkie

Randall County S. O. ‏@RandallCountySO 4h4 hours ago
    *** MISSING CHILD *** PLEASE SHARE *** Your help is needed in finding 7-year-old Alexis Wartena who went missing... http://fb.me/2ZRbvx5V2

Randall County S. O. ‏@RandallCountySO 3h3 hours ago
    Dogs are now searching the area so anyone wanting to help look for 7-year-old Alexis Wartena should avoid the... http://fb.me/4MSnQFQZt

Randall County S. O. ‏@RandallCountySO 3h3 hours ago
    Amarillo Police are now asking residents to avoid all areas near the search area.

Ladyslug likes this.
  6. walkie-talkie

7. walkie-talkie

Ladyslug likes this.
  8. walkie-talkie

9. walkie-talkie

Search effort moves south of I-40

AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - The search for a young girl last seen Tuesday afternoon will continue into the overnight hours south of Interstate 40, according to the Amarillo Police Department.

Multiple agencies from across the area have scoured the Kiva Motel and areas around it for hours in search of 7-year-old Alexis Wartena, a child with autism whose family was staying at the motel. She was last seen around 3:00 P.M.

Alexis is 4'0", weighs 65 lbs, and has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is nonverbal but does respond to her name.

Police say all rooms inside the motel were searched as well as the rooms at the Sleep Inn Motel located next door. The search effort also took officers to a playa lake stationed north of the motel, but a survey around and inside the lake has yet to show any indication that Alexis was there,

Along with APD, the Randall County Sheriff's Office, Department of Public Safety, Parks and Wildlife and medical personnel are all assisting with the search.

However, authorities are asking volunteers to avoid the area at this time.

In a Facebook post around 7:30, The Randall County Sheriff's Office said search dogs were looking around the motel and suggested volunteers search nearby neighborhoods instead of motel grounds.

The Amarillo Police Department issued a public statement around shortly asking residents to avoid the area all together since it could interfere with the canine search.

The child's family told responding officers that Alexis left their slight for a brief moment and never returned. Police say the family is from out-of-state and was staying at the motel.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/32483341/apd-searching-for-miss-child-with-autism

10. walkie-talkie

NEW TIP LINE OPEN: Missing Child is Non-Verbal, Autistic

NEW INFORMATION: There has not yet been an Amber Alert issued for this missing child. There was an alert that went out earlier which was sent out by Kevin Starbuck the Emergency Management Coordinator, and the Amarillo Potter/Randall Office of Emergency Management.

EARLIER INFORMATION: Amarillo Police have dogs from several different departments helping in the search.

TX Wildlife Department and Texas Department Criminal Justice search and rescue dogs, along with horses from Randall county are being used.
    Again, police are asking for people to stay away from the area.
    The APD Dive team will start a search in T-Anchor Lake soon.

http://www.myhighplains.com/news/apd-missing-child-is-non-verbal-autistic

11. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

12. walkie-talkie

13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

UPDATE: New this morning, an endangered missing person alert has been activated for missing 7-year-old Alexis Wartena. The APD dive team is gearing up to continue the search for her in the lake behind La Kiva Hotel in east Amarillo. Special Crimes is now assisting with the investigation.

An endangered person alert for Alexis was issued overnight.

Officer Jeb Hilton says they've searched as far as Grand Street and Ross Street in either direction both north and south of I-40.

Police say Alexis was one of the family's five children staying at the motel.

http://www.kcbd.com/story/32483341/...ild-continues?clienttype=generic&sf31336181=1

14. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

15. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Autistic child near a lake sends chills up my back. We know they tend to like water and have no comprehension of the danger.

16. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

17. walkie-talkie

The Latest: Search for missing 7-year-old suspended

AMARILLO, TX (KFDA) - Police have suspended the search for a young child who disappeared from an Amarillo motel early Tuesday evening.

Amarillo Police Department's Jeb Hilton confirmed the decision Wednesday afternoon. The announcement ends a widespread search for 7-year-old Alexis Wartena, a rescue effort that spanned nearly 19 hours and focused primarily around the La Kiva Motel in eastern Amarillo.

A Special Crimes investigation is ongoing.

The Wartena family told police they stopped in Amarillo to rest from travel. Alexis, a nonverbal girl with autism and one of the family's five children, was able to escape the motel room without detection around 5 p.m.
    -----
    Dive teams reentered the lake Wednesday morning as the search continued and discovered a body later identified by Special Crimes as a young female. Investigators did not confirm the identity of the person found, but said an autopsy will be performed Thursday in Lubbock.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...rs-have-recovered-a-body-in-the-t-anchor-lake

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Body found in search for missing 7-year-old autistic girl who wandered from Texas motel

Police searching for a missing 7-year-old autistic girl have pulled the body of a "young female" from a nearby lake in Texas, authorities said.

Divers searching the lake Wednesday pulled “the body of a young female” from the water, but declined to say whether it was the missing child.

Amarillo Police Department spokesman Jeb Hilton told InsideEdtion.com “I can’t confirm or deny” that the remains were little Alexis.

An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday morning, he said.

http://www.fox29.com/news/national-news/177184067-story

19. Kimster

They must have a good idea whether it's her or not.

:vigil:

20. Kimster