1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WV ALIAYAH LUNSFORD: Missing from Weston, WV - 24 Sept 2011 - Age 3 *Mom GUILTY of Murder*

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by walkie-talkie, Apr 25, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

• [​IMG]
      • Missing Since
      • Sep 24, 2011
      • Missing From
      • Weston, WV
      • DOB
      • Jul 29, 2008
      • Age Now
      • Sex
      • Female
      • Race
      • White
      • Hair Color
      • Brown
      • Eye Color
      • Brown
      • Height
      • 3'0"
      • Weight
      • 35 lbs
    Age Progressed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Aliayah's photo is shown age-progressed to 5 years. Her ears are pierced and when she was last seen, she was missing her top four front teeth. Aliayah was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms, a pink princess sweatshirt, and no shoes.
    http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1180362/1/screen

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/aliayah-lunsford-missing-from-weston-wv.30/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2018
    Uno2Much, Tammy, noZme and 5 others like this.
  2. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

I saw Aliayahs photo scrolling on the home page, its just the the saddest little face, but how the sadness has been captured in the age progression photo seems somehow even sadder to me. :tears:

Tammy, Jenn, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Isn't that the truth! :(

MadgeS, Takeitfromme and Lily like this.
  4. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Poor little child.... on the Charley Project page, there's not ONE picture if her smiling. One pic looks she had a large bruise on her face.

I believe her parents killed her. Reminds me Bella.. Lonzie... Pity there's not a Tom Hackney in Aliayah's home town.

from Charley:

Aliayah was last seen in bed in her Weston, West Virginia home on September 24, 2011. She had been sick with flu-like symptoms, including vomiting, the previous evening. When her mother, Lena Lunsford, went to check on her at 6:30 a.m., Aliayah was in bed asleep. The child's nine-year-old sister also saw her around that time. The next time her mother checked, at 9:00 a.m., she was gone. She has never been heard from again. Her mother didn't report her missing until 11:30 a.m., five hours after she was last seen and two and a half hours after Lena realized she was gone. She said that in the interim she drove around in her car looking for Aliayah, running out of gas at one point. A photograph of Lena is posted below this case summary.

There were no indications of forced entry to the house, and an extensive search of the area, including a nearby river, turned up no sign of the child. Aliayah's family described her as shy and said she would never have left her house or yard alone. Nine days following Aliayah's disappearance, her four siblings, aged between nine months and eleven years old, were removed from the household and placed in foster care. The state Department of Health and Human Resources didn't give a reason, but it's worth noting that all of Lena's children, including Aliayah, had previously spent time in foster homes or with relatives. She was pregnant with twin girls at the time Aliayah went missing.

In the month following Aliayah's disappearance, Lena was arrested on federal charges of welfare fraud. She pleaded guilty in January 2012 to selling $114 in stamps for $50 in cash, and was sentenced to eight months in prison. She and her husband, Ralph Keith Lunsford, who is Aliayah's stepfather, both have criminal records for various charges for minor offenses. (Lena has filed for divorce.) Authorities haven't said whether she's a suspect in her daughter's disappearance, but they believe Aliayah is probably deceased. Lena says she knows nothing about what happened to Aliayah and only hopes she's still alive. Her mother, who occasionally cared for Aliayah, died in early 2012.

In February 2013, while Lena was still incarcerated, she lost her parental rights to her other six children. Ralph, who is the father of five of the children, also had his parental rights terminated. The court found the Lunsford children had been neglected and some of them had irreversible tooth decay as a result. Court documents noted that Lena and Ralph had "vaguely accused" each other of involvement in Aliayah's disappearance; the court believed Lena knew more about her daughter's disappearance than she disclosed. She was released from jail later that month.

Little evidence is available in Aliayah's case. Investigators stated they have a theory as to what happened to her and they don't believe anyone broke into the house that night. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

5. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Dedicated FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/Help-Find-Aliayah-Lunsford-156048507817784/timeline/

Thursday, March 29, 2012
    FBI: Aliayah Lunsford not abducted by intruder
    The Associated Press
    WESTON, W.Va. -- The FBI has a working theory about what happened to a 3-year-old Lewis County girl who vanished six months ago, and it doesn't involve a break-in.

Supervisory Agent John Hambrick wouldn't say during a news conference Thursday what investigators believe happened to Aliayah Lunsford or whether they think she's still alive. Hambrick also would not name a suspect, predict when an arrest might be made or offer any details about the ongoing investigation.

Asked about persons of interest, he said only: "It's a small universe."

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/News/201203290041#sthash.5b8tyGGM.dpuf

Well wth does that mean?

I seriously don't know why the parents have not been arrested.

Her being sick before she went missing reminds me a LOT of Lonzie. Poor babies.

6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Actually.. I just now wondered if that's another bruise on her head in the pic, first post.

Here's the other one that looks a bruise:

[​IMG]

Uno2Much, Steve, Kimster and 6 others like this.
  7. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

She is so adorable and you just feel unbelievably sad when you look at her pictures. I have several news links on this case. I followed it for a long long time. I'll gather them up and post them here too. I do remember her Aunt was very involved in finding her.

Uno2Much, Tammy, Steve and 7 others like this.
  8. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Uno2Much, Tammy, Steve and 4 others like this.
  9. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Oh that is a great site Lily! Thank you for posting it. Its got all the articles and more on it!!!

Uno2Much, Steve, Takeitfromme and 4 others like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

The sadness in her eyes breaks my heart. :(

Uno2Much, spike, MadgeS and 4 others like this.
  11. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

At a minimum she was truly sick and they neglected to get her any medical care as they clearly did not take care of any of the children. I suspect due to not seeing a doctor she died from whatever ailment she had. And they covered it up and just reported her missing..... she deserved better than that. Considering all the children were removed from the home and both parents had their rights terminated, that makes me think the police suspect the same that I do.

Steve, spike, browneyedsusan and 4 others like this.
  12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Still sickens me. :(

13. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

It's disgusting.... all the kids have been in foster care at some point. Now they have no rights to their kids.... it's obvious they at a minimum covered up her death.

14. walkie-talkie

Steve, spike, browneyedsusan and 5 others like this.
  15. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

We will never forget Aliayah!

Steve, spike, Takeitfromme and 3 others like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Fifth anniversary of Aliayah Lunsford disappearance approaching with no leads

Saturday will mark five years since 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford disappeared from her home in the small community of Bendale outside Weston. The Lewis County case remains unsolved.

Searchers for the toddler have included professional and volunteer groups, and there have been countless hours of investigation by law enforcement, according to Lewis County Sheriff Adam Gissy. Authorities also dragged the nearby river, he said.

“There’s not a week that goes by that we are not digging into the case or re-interviewing people,” Gissy said. “We are in contact with the FBI and State Police regularly. We just need that one break, and I believe we could really bring about some closure.

The FBI has offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to her recovery or an arrest.{/div}

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the FBI at (412) 432-4000 or the Lewis Sheriff’s Department at (304) 269-8251. The public can also call the 24-hour hotline 1-800-THE-LOST (843-5678) with any information concerning the disappearance or current whereabouts of Lunsford. Calls can be made anonymously. Information also can be reported by visiting the West Virginia Fusion Center at www.fusioncenter.wv.gov.

http://www.theet.com/news/local/fif...cle_5886cae4-dcce-54e2-bc48-8e037de810c6.html

Tammy, Steve, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  17. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Aren't those some leads right there?

Sigh.

Tammy, Steve, guess who and 2 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Tammy, Steve, spike and 3 others like this.
  19. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Tammy, Steve, spike and 1 other person like this.
  20. walkie-talkie

St. Pete woman arrested on charge of child abuse causing death

PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Petersburg woman was arrested Thursday on a charge of child abuse causing death.

According to an arrest affidavit, Lena Marie Lunsford, age 34, was arrested at 11:41 a.m. on Thursday on the charge which is listed on an arrest warrant out of Lewis County, West Virginia.

No other details about the crime have been released. However, WBOY TV in Clarksburg, West Virginia is reporting that Lunsford’s daughter, Aliayah, was 3-years-old when she went missing from her home in Weston, WV on September 24, 2011.
    -----
    No other details have been released about the crime Lunsford is accused of committing. The arrest affidavit lists Lunsford as being unemployed. She also goes by the alias Lena Conoway.

She is being held on $250,000 cash only bond.

http://wfla.com/2016/11/03/st-pete-woman-arrested-on-charge-of-child-abuse-causing-death/

Uno2Much, Lily, fran and 3 others like this.