1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NH ALLENSTOWN JANE DOES: 1 Adult & 3 Children, F, found in metal drum - Nov 1985 *1 still unidentified*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Takeitfromme, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Yes, please share to which ever you can find or list them. My Mac went down, I haven't been up to fixing it due to my back. I have 2 places there to share it to but the pages are on my mac.

I agree he liked a specific look; she and her oldest have Native. I hope at some point my decendents will be able to have Native as my family has only been here since my patents. I wish I could have it in my DNA

2. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I love your DNA just the way it is :hugs:

spike and Advocate like this.
  3. Advocate

Thanks. I watch the show Who Do You Think You Are, it always amazes me the connections they make. I also watched the show Long Lost Family, have been seeing a lot of Ancestry DNA commercials so we did our DNA, the shocker is Greek and Italian.

I just started doing family trees, I have a lot of info for son's side as their family has been in the US a long time, his great gram who passed last year 6 days shy of her 108th birthday was related to Princess Diana, my son's middle name is Spencer for that side, I still have to mapping to do to get the connection lol My side is harder because all of my relatives are in Hungary, my daughters are in Poland and Germany.

spike, patsella and DaisyChains like this.
  4. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I'm not sure what I make of any of this case. But in light of the Cleveland girls and Jaycee Duggard as well as the young girl from Conway NH....I am personally starting to consider that the girls were kept as shut ins, possibly forced by a male to travel and eventually he just wanted them gone and new living victims could get him caught....

5. DaisyChains

was the girl from Conway that Hernandez girl? I was surprised and happy when she would found after so much time. Probably was her. poor angel :(

patsella and spike like this.
  6. RedRose

RedRose Well-Known Member

Anything new on this case?

Akoya and spike like this.
  7. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I wonder with the technology we have now if determining ethnicity would help in ID'ing some of these UIDs. Not just this case, but others
    as well. Or, DNA matching to find relatives in hopes of finding out who they are.

Akoya and spike like this.
  8. Advocate

Could have sworn I posted an update about Cynthia Putnam but I don't see it. Will post it when I get home. Its too much to type on my cell

spike likes this.
  9. Advocate

Links in bold

It was Arroyo's thread I updated; I should have posted here too since Cynthia has been mentioned as a possible to the adult female. There's a post on City-Data where a relative is looking for her aunt Cynthia Louise Putnam.

On 9/20 a friend of mine informed me that the Mystery in Allenstown, NH blog found a Cynthia Louise Putnam in NC that was deceased in 1974. I wasn't able to get online to read it until now. All anyone has to do is google now.

Relatives got Cynthia in NamUs. I'm not sure if her profile was ever public yet or not. Someone said her profile was online and is off line now. I've never seen it, I did check, it's not there now. As everyone knows, NamUs will run her social and do a few other things to satisfy that she is in fact missing.

Not long after the relatives got Cynthia in NamUs, the blogger was searching through indexes of the deceased and found entries dated March 19, 1974 for a Cynthia Louise Putnam born in Mass. They then found news articles about what happened. This Cynthia was listed as being 19 when she passed away.

They notified Cynthia's family in VT at the beginning of August as they knew that their Cynthia was also born in MA. They then hoped that authorities and NamUs would find a way to confirm (or rule-out) the Cynthia they found as being their Cynthia for the sake of the family.

My sincere condolences go out to her family. This was not the outcome that I thought they were going to get. I honestly thought she was living her life which has happened in other cases of missing teens back then. My heart breaks. I'm praying that this isn't their Cynthia. If it is, I hope they have an attorney for a lawsuit because they were never notified that their minor daughter had passed away. Cynthia would have just turned 17 2 days before she passed away

Mystery in Allenstown, NH - Cynthia Louise Putnam

I'm not seeing Cynthia Putnam passing away in NC in 1974 on find a grave

10. DaisyChains

i wonder if there could be any connection to these murders and all of the other murders spanning the same time in NH upon women. Some were hitchhikers it looks like.

Serial Killer Never Caught in Series of Brutal Murders

On August 6, 1988 Jane Boroski escaped death when she barely survived an attack from an unknown man just outside a small market in Swansea, New Hampshire. She was brutally stabbed twenty-seven times. It is believed that she is the lone survivor of a serial killer that killed at least six women. All six of the women were stabbed to death in the Connecticut River Valley near Route 91 in both Vermont and New Hampshire.

The victims were Mary Elizabeth Critchley, was found deceased in on August 9, 1981 in some woods that are located off of Unity Stage Road, in the town of Unity, New Hampshire.

Bernice Courtemanche, a 17-year-old nurse's aide was last seen May 30, 1984 in West Claremont, New Hampshire. Her remains were found in Kellyville, New Hampshire on April 9, 1986.

Ellen Fried, a nurse was last seen in West Claremont, New Hampshire on July 20, 1984. Her remains were found in Kellyville, New Hampshire on September 19, 1985.

Eva Morse, a single mother was last seen hitchhiking after leaving her place of work on July 10, 1985 in Charlestown, New Hampshire. Her remains were located by a logger on April 25, 1986 in Unity, New Hampshire.

Lynda Moore, was murdered in her home outside of Saxtons River, Vermont, on May 15, 1986.

Barbara Agnew (pictured far right), a 36 year old nurse was missing for two months from a highway rest stop in Hartford, Vermont. She was found deceased near Advent Hill Road in Hartland, Vermont on March 28, 1987. All of these women were stabbed in similar areas and had their throats slit.

There are a few suspects in the murders and Boroski has indicated that one of these suspects physically matches the description of the person who attacked her.

Michael Nicholaou.

During the time of the murders, Nicholaou lived in the Holyoke, Massachusetts. His wife at the time had relatives that lived in Vermont. His residence was also very close to Interstate 91. A few years ago in Florida, Nicholaou committed suicide after he killed his stepdaughter and wife. He is also believed to be responsible for the disappearance/murder of his former wife, Michelle Ashley (pictured far left). So far, Nicholaou has only been proven to be responsible for two murders. However, as police continue to investigate his history, that may soon change.
    Below are pictures of Michelle Nicholaou and picture of Michael Nicholaou paired with a sketch of the suspect that attacked Jane Boroski. Next to that is a picture of victim Barbara Agnew.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.ctcoldcases.com/vermont.html

Akoya, patsella and spike like this.
  11. Takeitfromme

That has been mulled over a billion times. The Connecticut River Killer. I wouldn't rule out it could be the same person but who knows

Akoya, Kimster and spike like this.
  12. DaisyChains

sorry to mull it over again :( just a thought.

Kimster, Takeitfromme and spike like this.
  13. DaisyChains

14. Takeitfromme

Oh don't be sorry @DaisyChains i just meant its just one of those things that's been circled around but not really knowing who the killer really was just keeps that being mulled over. Never be sorry for all the great work you do.
    I know, I think we all know the only way to solve this case is to get these girls identified. Knowing who they really are is the first step to seeing justice served. It pisses me off that after all these years, after all the hard work LE and NCMEC has done that no one has come forward to say I think I knew these girls. They deserve better than this

15. Takeitfromme

Akoya, Kimster and spike like this.
  16. DaisyChains

that's a big reason why im not sure it could be them beyond geographic issues and the girls being too close in age to each other. then again, their case says there were multiple people involved in the disappearance of the mother and 2 girls. perhaps one of those involved also wanted to murder their wife and child? Doubtful, but just an idea as to maybe where the unrelated child could have came from.

its gotten to the point where i'm sure the woman and children in the barrels could have been foreign and on top of that maybe even never reported missing. but i still list possibles just in case.

Kimster, Takeitfromme and spike like this.
  17. DaisyChains

i agree they defo deserve better. im right with you there sister :hug:

18. Takeitfromme

Over the years I've wondered if they could have come from Canada honestly. There are tons of Canadians in the northeast. Also Canadian Indians as well. A friend of mine is half Canadian Indian born and raised there tho dad lives here. (She does now too after off an on thru childhood) we've always called her our lil Indian and Pocahontas lol. She looks very "native american" or rather Canadian lol... So I would say that could be a huge possibility... I honestly do think they were never reported missing as well. I think a man did this and that man was all they had other than each other. And he certainly didn't report his victims missing.

Akoya, DaisyChains, spike and 2 others like this.
  19. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Genealogy is another love of mine. I also like Genealogy Road Show and Finding Your Roots, both on PBS.
    I had my DNA done 3 or 4 years ago. I was surprised about some of it. Always thought I was Irish, but that is a trace. :)

Fascinating stuff.

Akoya, DaisyChains, spike and 2 others like this.
  20. Takeitfromme

Apparently there is some connection being announced tomorrow between this case, missing NH woman Denise Beaudin and a case out of California.... Read the attached release

Attached Files: