1. FLORIDA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Braxton Williams, 6, and Bri'ya Williams, 5, who were last seen in Jacksonville on Sunday, December 15.
    They disappeared while playing in front of their home, and may have been abducted by an unknown person.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    Click HERE for more information

CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NSW ALOIS REZ: Missing from Dubbo, NSW - 28 July 2013 - Age 33 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Mar 14, 2016.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Thanks Melissa!

Either way, he didn't deserve to be murdered. The ripple effect of murder destroys so many lives.

I hope for Alois's family that they do eventually find him so as to have some form of closure.

Lily, Kimster and melissa morado like this.
  2. I do not believe anyone deserves to be murdered not even abusive people their is always the option to leave!
    I agree with you I do hope they find him but more so hope the family can find closure knowing at least one of his killers will most probably spend the rest of his life in jail and find their peace with or without a body I doubt he (raymond roff) will ever tell the whole truth about what happened nor do I believe he will ever disclose what he did with the body I also know Alois's family is a strong and proud family who will rally around his children and support them through their growing years and protect them as fiercely as Alois would have. not a day goes by I dont wish my dad would be a man about the whole thing and tell the truth but my heart knows he never will because all in all the man is no man he is a MONGREL and I personally wish the death penalty was still an option for him!

Lily, Kimster and MarlyWings like this.
  3. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Maybe at some stage down the track Roff will disclose to someone where he left Alois's remains.

Then again, there's so many killers who, I think ,like the sense of power or control it gives them by not disclosing.

Lily and Kimster like this.
  4. It would be nice to believe my dad will one day disclose but fact is you are right he does enjoy the suffering of others and to a sickening degree of enjoyment, This is why I hope they can find closure for themselves with or without a body

Kimster and MarlyWings like this.
  5. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

It's going to be interesting to see how Hayley's Law - no body, no parole, plays out in some of these cases where the killers refuse to disclose the locations of their victims.

Even though in Roff's case the chance of parole is a long way down the track, that law might just force some of them to change their minds when they're given the choice of either further prison time or freedom.

6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

So this case is under Hayley's Law?

Lily likes this.
  7. hayleys law is not a valid law in NSW
    thats not actually a law in NSW it is a proposal/petition for a law to be created but for now has not been passed in NSW so will not have any bearing on this case even if the law did get passed and it did have an affect on sentencing I doubt raymond roff would care he would be quite happy to sit and rot knowing ppl are still wondering he is a cruel man like that but is no point feeding his ego by asking him where or why or anything really if he was going to tell he would of during the trial to try to show remorse to the judge but he didn't

Lily, MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

:pullhair:

9. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Yes the law hasn't been passed in NSW to date although I do think it will happen before too long. Some of our other states have passed it and the others are really pushing for it and so they should.

Even though, as you've said, Roff is too cruel a person to reveal anything, there's always a chance he could do some talking to other prisoners. The same applies to Sarah Tarrant but that's IF she knows where Roff has left Alois.

Lily likes this.
  10. haleys law even if it does come in will have absolutely no bearing on this case at all (because at the time of trial and sentencing current law will decide his fate) so is kinda pointless to discuss in this case.
    Even if it was LAW it would not affect Sarah's case she was not found guilty of murder she was found guilty of manslaghter (how you can accidently manipulate a person to commit murder is beyond my comprehension but thats what the jury decided).
    Alois is gone and a body will not change that fact even though I do understand the need for closure and a proper burial reality does not always meet our emotional needs unfortunately.
    We all have a choice in how much head space we give to any evil in our lives and my Dad (Roff) is not worth this families headspace even for one day my dad robbed his family of himself (more referring to the grandchildren not his children only two out of his seven children care what happens to him) and robbed Alois's family of him he has been found guilty and justice will be handed to him but closure the family must seek regardless of body or not for their own sake. after knowing my father 35 yrs I definately would not hold out my hopes of him disclosing to another prisoner not unless he intended on killing that prisoner also.
    Personally I feel safe for first time in my life since my dad has been found guilty because had he of not been done for this murder the next would of been myself and my brothers as he promised us all while we tended to our mother while she was dying of breast cancer a yr before this murder occured.
    As children he used to tell us regularly that he would kill us all and feed us to the pigs and no one would ever miss us let alone find us because of this I highly doubt there even is a body to find tbh.

Lily, GarAndMo49 and MarlyWings like this.
  11. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Wow he sounds an absolute psycho!! First thought that came to mind was the Canadian pig farmer who fed the remains of his victims to his pigs. I shudder any time I think of that case!

At least, for you, that chapter of your life with the monster is over with him being where he deserves to be. I hope the future for you is a happy one!

I also hope for Alois's family that they're able to find some degree of peace knowing justice caught up with the killer.

Lily, GarAndMo49 and melissa morado like this.
  12. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Lily, GarAndMo49 and melissa morado like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Dubbo murder: Brother's death created a dark hole, court hears

The sister of murdered Dubbo man Alois Rez has told a Sydney court that the loss of her brother created a "dark hole that burns through your body".

Anna Smart cried as she read her victim impact statement, recalling when she realised her brother may have been dead after he went missing in July 2013.

The Supreme Court has considered sentencing submissions for Mr Rez's former partner Sarah Renea Tarrant, who was convicted of his manslaughter in April this year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-...ons-for-woman-accused-of-dubbo-murder/7562220

Lily, GarAndMo49 and MarlyWings like this.
  14. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Dubbo murder ‘directly attributable’ to man’s infatuation with younger woman: judge
    [​IMG]

in 2 minutes
    [​IMG]

A LONELY, law-abiding widower whose passion for a younger woman led him to murder her partner was yesterday jailed for at least 24 years.

After Sarah Renea Tarrant crushed sleeping tablets into her partner’s mashed potato, her besotted older lover Raymond Isaac Roff, 54, killed him and dumped his body.

“This terrible crime was an extraordinary exception to everything about the offender’s character and conduct up to that date,” Justice Desmond Fagan said in the NSW Supreme Court yesterday.

“His descent to murder is directly attributable to his infatuation with this young woman.”

Roff was jailed for at least 24 years for murdering Alois Rez, 33, in July 2013 in Dubbo while Tarrant, 27, was jailed for at least eight years for manslaughter, after a jury cleared her of murder on the basis of impairment due to an abnormality of the mind.

type_quote_start
    “He had been of sound sense and morality throughout all his adult years to this point.”

type_quote_end
    Roff and Tarrant began their passionate affair in March 2013, writing each other love letters in which he declared he wanted to marry her and promised to be a good husband.

Mr Rez, a family friend of Roff, had been in a relationship with Tarrant since she was 15 but she was unhappy, saying he demeaned and criticised her, and was lazy and demanding.

In May 2013, she told Roff she wanted Mr Rez “gone”.

“The passion which the offender came to feel for Sarah Tarrant from late 2012 unhinged his judgment,” the judge said.

“He had been of sound sense and morality throughout all his adult years to this point.”

But without her, his future was cold, widowed and alone in a country town.

On the fateful night, Tarrant mixed the sleeping tablets in Mr Rez’s mashed potato, keeping Roff informed by texts on his condition before he came to the house about 2am and killed the sleeping man by unknown means — dumping his body which has never been found.

The judge said Roff had shown no remorse and continues to deny responsibility for the crime or knowledge of the location of the body:

“The consequence is ongoing pain for relatives of the deceased.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/684bd79e6613ce495257f317be4aa10d

Lily, Kimster, SueMa and 1 other person like this.
  15. SueMa

SueMa New Member

Well finally, the court case is over... The family and friends of Alois, find no joy in the punitive outcome... One hundred years would not be enough for taking a father from his children.
    The court process was exhausting and ugly. The court had no empathy for the difficulty for the family who had to endur delay after delay... To accomodate lies and false testimony and fabricated reports.... And denial in the face of evidenced proof.
    Aloi's family is a strong and loving family, and I'm proud to be part of their lives. The family have a beautiful spirituality of heart and we talk about 'Daddy' to the children everyday... He is with them.... Always.
    However be assured the 'filth' that took him from his babies... Will never be spoken about with love from anyone ever...
    One of them will die in gaol and the other will .. Have to live with what she did to her children.... ..
    Lastly, I do want to say... Bless all the little children... From all sides of this tragedy.. I hope they are loved as much as Alois's children are.
    The only ones to blame are in gaol now.... XX SueMa....

16. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Hi SueMa.....thanks for your post. I'm glad for all involved the court case is now finally over and those responsible for Alois's murder are where they belong. Although, at the same time, none of that will bring Alois back to his children and family.

Our justice system leans far too much towards protecting the criminals rights and the victims are forgotten about along the way. The ripple effect of crimes and murders reaches far and wide and devastates so many.

I hope for happiness and bright tomorrows for all the children on both sides.

Lily, Kimster and SueMa like this.
  17. Kimster

@SueMa, thank you for letting us know about this dear family. I am so sad for their loss! I pray the God of comfort will walk with them & help them live with the loss of Alois. :praying:

MarlyWings, Lily and SueMa like this.
  18. SueMa

SueMa New Member

Thank you Kimster and Marlywings... :grouphug:
    your kind words are appreciated.
    It really helps to vent... your Website is very much appreciated my Darlings'...
    X SueMa...

Imamazed, MarlyWings and Lily like this.