1. NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on Monday, September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Vic ALYCE FLANAGAN: Missing from Vic - 3 Aug 2016 - Age 28

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MissyMoo, Nov 16, 2016.

1. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
    noZme, Lily, spike and 2 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Flanagan.jpg

She's a pretty young woman. I wonder what's going on?

noZme, Lily, Paradise and 2 others like this.
  3. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

She sure is. Going missing after a medical appointment always worries me, you just don't know what news the person has been given and is trying to cope with.
    I hope this doesn't end up like Ian Gray where the family are just left wondering. He had recently been given a medical diagnosis as well I believe.

noZme, Lily, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Dear members, Alyce's mum would like our help in locating her. This is a shout out to our Aussie members!

Mel70, MissyMoo, noZme and 2 others like this.
  5. Flanno62

Flanno62 New Member

Last known sighting was at St Kilda area in Melbourne but this was nearly a year ago.

Kimster, MissyMoo and noZme like this.
  6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Flanno62, good to have you at Crimewatchers. I hope we can help find Alyce. Is there any background information you would like to add? The link on the opening post is no longer available.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Kimster and MissyMoo like this.
  7. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Hi Mrs Flanno62,
    Im so sorry you dont have answers yet. Could Alyce have just taken herself off the grid for a time out?
    Have you been in touch with the Melbourne branch of the Salvation Army (they work closely with persons homeless and living rough in the CBD) maybe they have been in contact with her?
    She looks like a beautiful kid, how old is she?
    Neil Mitchell on 3AW may give you some airtime to get your word out (huge Victorian audience)
    I remember the original alert mentioned that Alyce was at an appointment in one of the city hospitals, can you have a history check conducted on appointments since then via Medicare? (dont know how much success youll have with this though due to the privacy laws if Alyce is not a minor)
    Like noZme said upthread i hope we can help you.

Jay, Kimster and noZme like this.
  8. Kimster

We now have Alyce in our media so we can Tweet and share her on Facebook. Look at the first post for the link.

MissyMoo, spike and Jay like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Just shared Alyce's case on our Crimewatchers Facebook page. Hoping someone sees it who knows something!

10. Flanno62

Flanno62 New Member

Thank you so much for your interest and help. We have tried salvation army and hospitals etc as she has a mental illness/drug addiction that sees her going in and out of hospitals. I fear she has taken herself off the grid which is not the best outcome for her condition. She has a family in Queensland that love her and have tried to help wherever possible. I would like to know she is ok even if she chooses not to contact us.

Mel70, MissyMoo, spike and 3 others like this.
  11. Kimster

We will keep her face on the internet. Do you know if fliers are posted in the area she went missing?

MissyMoo, Jay and spike like this.
  12. Flanno62

Flanno62 New Member

I am in a different state but not to my knowledge.

MissyMoo, Jay and spike like this.
  13. Flanno62

Flanno62 New Member

I have tried to get help from the police to do welfare checks but it is difficult with her history for them to take it seriously.

Mel70, MissyMoo, Jay and 1 other person like this.
  14. Kimster

Before, or after she went missing?

MissyMoo and spike like this.
  15. Flanno62

Flanno62 New Member

After she had been reported missing, we tried to contact police with last sighting and updates, but as we can give them little information it is not something they can spend much time or resources on.

MissyMoo, Kimster, Jay and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kimster

Well, that stinks. Are there any missing persons organizations that could at least get some flyers out for you?

spike and MissyMoo like this.
  17. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Mrs Flanno62,
    If Alyce is receiving assistance benefits could you enquire with Centrelink?
    I believe you have to at minimum be able to provide them with an address (as a formality)
    She may have given the address of a mate who may still be in her loop?

Has the family considered hiring a private investigator?

spike and Kimster like this.
  18. Kimster

Good questions @MissyMoo ! :cheers:

MissyMoo and spike like this.
  19. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

The sad part in this is that Mrs Flanno62 says Alyce has a mental illness history.
    Our police will only continue to actively look for her if her disappearance is deemed "out of character"- so mum is stuck in that frustrating position of blurred circumstances to even meet the criteria to get more help from them.

20. Kimster

That just breaks my heart! People that have a mental illness are extremely vulnerable.

Mel70, spike and MissyMoo like this.