1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

SilverAlert AMIAH ROBERTSON: Missing from Indianapolis, IN - 15 March 2019 - Age 8 months

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 19, 2019.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

UPDATE: Police issue Silver Alert for 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis

upload_2019-3-19_11-57-13.jpeg

Indiana State Police issued a statewide Silver Alert for an 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis. Police are asking the public for help with finding Amiah Robertson.

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department sent out the baby’s photo with a vague description of what happened early Tuesday morning. Police searched an address on S. Holmes Avenue Tuesday in connection with the case.

We spoke with Amiah's mother, Amber Robertson, overnight, and she revealed more details about the day leading up to her daughter's disappearance.

She says she was with her ex-boyfriend, who is not Amiah’s father, at a Motel 6 on Friday, March 15 for a date. That was the last time Amber saw her daughter. She reported Amiah missing to police on Saturday.

"I was scared, worried on where she could be, if she is ok. I'm just hoping she is, and that she is safe. And I'm just…hoping she isn’t with someone that could do any harm to her," Amber told FOX59.

Amiah is 16 pounds, and she has dark black hair and hazel eyes. She has a birthmark on her shoulder close to her neck.

"They couldn’t do an Amber Alert because someone knew where she was, and it didn’t fit in as a category for an Amber Alert," Amber said.

ISP issued a Silver Alert for Amiah around 11 a.m. on Tuesday—about nine hours after IMPD initially asked the public for help with finding her.

https://fox59.com/2019/03/19/update...r-8-month-old-girl-missing-from-indianapolis/

Silver Alert issued for Indiana infant believed to be in extreme danger

Police in Indiana have issued a Silver Alert for for missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

Amiah was last seen five days ago.

According to Robertson's mother, Amber, she was last seen in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on Thursday, March 14 on the city's west side.

Detectives with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department say the details surrounding Amiah's dissapearance are still under investigation.

https://www.mystateline.com/news/si...t-believed-to-be-in-extreme-danger/1860552885

[​IMG]

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...rom-indianapolis-in-since-march-15-2019.4484/

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    GarAndMo49, Dobrev and kdg411 like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

MISSING: Police seek tips after 8-month-old baby disappears, hasn’t been seen in nearly a week

Indianapolis police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating an 8-month-old baby who disappeared almost a week ago.

FOX 59 reports that the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is searching for Amiah Robertson, an infant supposedly last seen off of the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on March 14. The child’s mother, Amber Robertson, told the outlet she was on a date at a Motel 6 with an ex-boyfriend on Friday when the baby disappeared. She reported Amiah missing on Saturday.

The former boyfriend is not Amiah’s father, according to Robertson.

CBS reporter Angela Brauer wrote in a tweet that Robertson claimed her ex-boyfriend had the baby on Friday and was supposed to drop her off with a babysitter. Yet, the sitter said no one showed up. Roberton also said she got into a fight with the man, then reported the baby missing afterward, according to Brauer.

Police indicated that the case remains under investigation and they’re currently asking the public for any tips that can lead to the baby’s location, IndyStar reports. Amiah has blue eyes, brown hair, and weighs around 16 pounds.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/03...-disappears-hasnt-been-seen-in-nearly-a-week/

GarAndMo49, Dobrev and kdg411 like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I can't think of any GOOD reasons why a man, who is not the father, would take off with an infant.

GarAndMo49, Steve, Dobrev and 2 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

'Conflicting Stories' In Search For 8-Month-Old Indianapolis Girl

Indiana State Police issued a statewide Silver Alert Tuesday afternoon at the request of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, in the search for a missing 8-month-old girl. IMPD is asking for the public's help in locating Amiah Robertson, who was reported missing Saturday, March 16. On Tuesday, IMPD Missing Person Detectives determined the baby could possibly be in danger and responded to the 200 block of S. Holmes Avenue, the baby's last known location, according to family.

Police said detectives obtained a search warrant for the address, and began interviewing potential witnesses. According to police, the Indianapolis-Marion County Forensic Services Agency also responded as part of the investigation.

According to police, Robertson's family initially reported Amiah was last seen on Thursday, March 14, and was not believed to be in danger. However, police said as the investigation went on, detectives were given conflicting stories, causing additional concerns to be raised regarding the child's welfare.

https://patch.com/indiana/indianapolis/conflicting-stories-search-8-month-old-indianapolis-girl

GarAndMo49, Steve, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  5. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Conflicting Stories In the Disappearance of Amiah Robertson

The child's family initially told investigators that Amiah was last seen on Thursday, but now it seems she was last seen on Saturday, a day before her boyfriend, Robert Lyons, was arrested.

Kayla Beatty is a neighbor and said the child could not have disappeared Thursday, she claimed, because she recalled seeing her outside the Holmes Avenue house the following day with her mother.

"I definitely saw her Friday night around 9 p.m.," Beatty said. "[Amiah] had a short T-shirt on, probably some thin pajama pants, no jacket and it was cold. The mom was just holding her up [away from her body, instead of cradling her] and was speed walking with her."

Police say Lyons and Robertson got into an argument Saturday, likely over whether or not Lyons was the father for Amiah. Lyons was arrested over that "domestic dispute", according to Amiah's grandfather Chuck Robertson.

"He physically abused my daughter and it escalated into where he actually ran a car into her," Robertson said. "All I can do is hope. I don't know."

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Well, this could go one of two ways then. 1 - He believes he IS the father of the baby and he wants to care for her and took her to get her away from her mother. More of a custody / I can parent better than you can thing. 2 - He believes he is NOT the father and because of that wants to cause her harm.

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Why a Silver Alert, not an Amber Alert, was issued for 8-month-old girl missing from Indy

The search continues for an 8-month-old girl missing from Indianapolis, and police issued a statewide Silver Alert for the baby, saying she’s in extreme danger.

Amiah Robertson went missing last week. Amber Robertson, Amiah’s mother, reported her missing to police on Saturday, but Amber told police she actually went missing last Thursday.

Amber says she didn’t think Amiah was in danger—that’s why she says she waited two days to report it.

Yesterday, police issued a Silver Alert, saying Amiah is in extreme danger. Authorities say the family has been telling them conflicting stories about what happened.

Amber says the baby girl was last seen at the babysitter’s house on the near west side. Detectives searched the home for hours on Tuesday, focusing on a detached garage, but it’s unclear if they found anything.

A lot of people are curious about why a Silver Alert was issued instead of an Amber Alert, so we asked police.

They said the information they have about Amiah’s disappearance doesn’t meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. Police say they need suspect vehicle information, license plate information, and a location where the vehicle is headed in order to issue an Amber Alert. That’s why they issued a Silver Alert instead. Police want to emphasize that it shouldn’t take away from the fact that they believe Amiah is in danger, and they are desperately searching for her.

https://fox59.com/2019/03/20/why-a-...ssued-for-8-month-old-girl-missing-from-indy/

8. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

all hope is lost for this case. surely.
    not the father?
    abusive?
    no word on where she is?
    no.

when will this ever stop.

Steve, Kimster, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police: Missing baby's mom 'lawyered up'

Indianapolis Metro Police say the mother of a missing Indianapolis baby has "lawyered up."

Police issued a statewide Silver Alert for 8-month-old Amiah Robertson Tuesday after the baby's family reported her missing this past Saturday.

Robertson said she doesn't know where her baby could be. She says the last time she saw Amiah was Thursday, before her boyfriend, Robert Lyons, was supposed to take the baby to a west side home.

"She was supposed to go to the babysitter's house on 229 South Holmes. She never arrived there," said Robertson.

"If you don't know where your baby is, what else can you say," said Tammy Beatty, who lives across the street from the home where Lyons was supposed to leave baby Amiah.

Beatty says she remembers seeing Robertson, a man, and the baby at that same house last week.

"I seen 'em coming in and out of the house with the baby. I've seen her sit the baby down in a car seat and act like she was distressed, like she had a lot on her mind," said Beatty.

Detectives searched the South Holmes Street house Tuesday afternoon and began interviewing possible witnesses and collecting and removing possible evidence.

On Saturday, police arrested Lyons on an unrelated matter.

"(Lyons) just kept telling me the statement, 'If you go with me by yourself, I will take you to go get the child,'" Robertson said. "I felt like I would be harmed, so I didn't go."

https://www.wthr.com/article/police-missing-babys-mom-lawyered

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

UPDATE: FBI now assisting IMPD with search for missing 8-month-old girl; Silver Alert still active

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is now assisting local authorities with the investigation into the disappearance of an 8-month-old girl from Indianapolis.

https://fox59.com/2019/03/19/update...g-8-month-old-girl-silver-alert-still-active/

FBI assists IMPD on missing 8-month-old, Amiah

The investigation of missing 8-month-old, Amiah Robertson, is still very active and on-going, according to Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officials.

Many detectives, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation are assisting IMPD in the search, as they commonly do. It is not uncommon for the IMPD Safe Streets team, including FBI agents, to assist in any on-going IMPD investigation.

Following numerous leads, the police have spoken to many people, including friends, family, and neighbors to acquire any relevant information in locating the infant.

Additionally, police have reviewed clips of surveillance videos that could aide the detectives in the right direction. At this time it is unclear if any of that video has helped the investigation.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/fbi-assists-impd-on-missing-8-month-old-amiah

11. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Surveillance video surfaces

Eyewitness News Reporter Steve Jefferson has also obtained surveillance video the FBI has gathered. The video shows a truck, with what appears to be two or three people in it, one of whom gets out and walks out of the shot.

The video is from a home security system in the neighborhood where 8-month-old Amiah Robertson was supposed to be dropped off at a babysitter's house.

(Watch videos at link above.)

12. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Bad feelings about this.

GarAndMo49, Steve, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

IMPD: Silver Alert for missing baby set to be cancelled

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officials have announced that they will cancel the Silver Alert for missing 8-month-old, Amiah Robertson, at midnight on Thursday morning.

The cancellation of the Silver Alert comes after officials found that very few tips have reached that specific hotline, but rather through IMPD department lines and social media.

Anyone with information about Amiah's disappearance should contact IMPD Missing Persons at 317-327-6160 or IMPD Homicide Office at 317-327-3475. Anyone who would like to report tips anonymously is urged to contact Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.

The investigation is still active and ongoing.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...er-alert-for-missing-baby-set-to-be-cancelled

UPDATE | Silver Alert for infant has been cancelled

UPDATE: The Silver Alert issued on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 on Amiah Robertson has been cancelled as of Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 10:00 pm as requested by the investigating agency.

https://www.wane.com/news/indiana/fbi-joins-investigation-into-missing-indianapolis-baby/1864092208

GarAndMo49, kdg411 and Dobrev like this.
  14. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

v. bad.
    feels like it is just a waiting game for now.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and kdg411 like this.
  15. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Seems to me that mom may have been mentally incapacitated (drugs maybe) and sold/gave away/ lost or had her baby stolen.

Who goes on a "date" to a no tell-motel?

I just hope that if someone took her is was to love her and not to abuse her.

16. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

i hope that is the case.
    tho, i fear that the boyfriend murdered this poor little girl.

17. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Grandfather makes heartfelt plea for his eight-month-old granddaughter to be returned home safe and sound

“I hold that phone in my hand all day long just so I don’t miss a phone call,” Chuck Robertson said. Robertson has been waiting for one call since 8-month-old Amiah was reported missing on Saturday.

“Somebody saying, ‘hey we found your granddaughter,” Robertson said. Chuck is clinging to hope they’ll find his youngest grandchild alive. But the clock is ticking.

Chuck says he’s been awake for days along with his daughter Amber, Amiah’s mother. “I think everybody’s really getting on her really hard,” Robertson said.

“They’re putting a lot of pressure on Amber. Amber’s only 19 years old, okay? 19-year-old single mother with two kids. She’s relying on family, friends. Family, friends do everything they can for her but she’s going through a lot of stuff right now.”

Chuck says he and Amber believe her boyfriend, Robert Lyons, may have had something to do with Amiah’s disappearance. Her family claims Robert didn’t want Amber talking to the baby’s biological father.

(Video at link above)

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Amiah Robertson Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1. Amiah Was Reported Missing on Tuesday March 19, But Police Were Told She Had Actually Been Missing Since Thursday March 14. Witnesses & Some Family Dispute That Account. What is Not in Dispute is That The Baby Has Not Been Seen For Days

Detectives from The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department asked for help locating 8-month-old Amiah Robertson. Police said “details of her disappearance are still under investigation and detectives are still looking for any tips as to Amiah’s whereabouts.” That was first posted by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department at around 2 a.m. Tuesday March 19. Police said that “according to her mother, she last saw Amiah at 229 S. Holmes Ave. Indianapolis, on Thursday, March 14, five days prior to when she was reported missing.

2. A Statewide Silver Alter Was Issued Saying Amiah Was in ‘Extreme Danger’ & May Need ‘Medical Care’ The Next Day, the Alert Was Canceled

Police said the baby was “believed to be in extreme danger and may require medical assistance.” But it was reported that there was conflicting information provided by the baby’s family members. It’s not clear which family members told police what, but on Tuesday, police provided local media a statement that read in part, “…during the course of the investigation, detectives determined the child to be in possible danger,” police officials said in a statement emailed to News 8.

3. Cops Search Area Near White River Where ‘Items’ Were Found. Robertson Claimed She Found Her Baby’s & Boyfriend’s Stuff Near River. Divers Were Also Seen

Amber Robertson told media that she found items belonging to her baby and her boyfriend on a bank near the White River. She said she phoned in a tip to police.

“Although not verbally confirmed, it would appear boats & divers with IFD are here on scene where police got a tip about items at Sadie & McCarty. No one has confirmed this is related to missing baby, but police say they are doing due diligence,” it was reported.

4. Investigators Are Turning All Stones Trying to Locate Amiah. Robertson Hired a Lawyer & Boyfriend Lyons Was Arrested & Jailed But Was Released Wednesday

Investigators viewed home security tape from homes near the child’s babysitter which is where Robertson claimed her baby was last seen. A warrant was obtained and the house searched. No body was found, it was reported.

5. As Questions Swirl About Robertson, Amiah’s Grandparents Are Still Searching

Carrie R Miller, who based on Facebook is the mother of Amber Robertson, has posted twice about the baby’s disappearance.

And grandfather Charles Robertson held his tears when he told local media, “All I can do is hope,” that the baby is alive but added, “I don’t know.”

And Logan Hull, the baby’s biological father told reporters that he was out of town and did not know what happened to his daughter.

Meanwhile, some questioned Amber Robertson’s credibility and her “maternal instincts.”

A neighbor, Tammy Beatty, said if her infant was missing, she’d “be checking trash cans everywhere [and] posting pictures …I’d be on every news channel. I wouldn’t be sitting quietly, I know that.”

Beatty gave cops surveillance tape that showed a truck with three people in it which later was determined to not be connected to the case. She also said she saw Robertson and the baby on Friday night, the day after Robertson first said the baby went missing. Beatty said the baby “…had a short T-shirt on, probably some thin pajama pants, no jacket and it was cold. The mom was just holding her up [away from her body, instead of cradling her] and was speed walking with her.”

MORE: https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/amiah-robertson/

19. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

she may only be 19 but she is a mother.
    I can't understand why Amiah wouldn't have been reported missing immediately.

Steve, Kimster, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search continues for missing 8-month-old girl

Thursday marked a week since 8-month-old Amiah Robertson was reportedly last seen, and people who don't even know the baby's family have joined the search.

On Thursday afternoon, Tracy Huntley and her 3-year-old German shepherd named Jerry Lee were combing the banks of Eagle Creek hoping to find something. She is training her dog to do search and rescue for missing-people situations.

“And, of course, I would love for it to be a search and rescue, but, in reality, I just ... either way, she deserves to be found," Huntley said.

The police and fire departments and the FBI have joined forces in hopes of finding the missing girl. Police and other emergency crews began searching Eagle Creek near Sadie and West McCarty streets around 4:40 p.m. Wednesday following a tip from an undisclosed source. They may have found something that could be related to Robertson. But, nothing has been confirmed, which is all the reason Huntley said she needs to search on her own in Wednesday's search area.

Indianapolis metro police Thursday used a drone to search Eagle Creek.

“If I had more time and something with Amiah's scent on it, I would, of course, have a better chance," Huntley said. "You know, if he (the dog) finds what scent I want him to look for and he knows when I'm telling him to find something,” Huntley said.

Amiah's grandfather Charles "Chuck" Robertson told News 8 on Thursday that Amiah's mother was meeting with a detective.

This case has garnered a lot of attention and a lot of speculation. Huntley is asking people to get off of social media and come out to help search.

https://www.wane.com/news/indiana/search-continues-for-missing-8-month-old-girl/1868617262