1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

SilverAlert AMIAH ROBERTSON: Missing from Indianapolis, IN - 15 March 2019 - Age 8 months

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

https://www.wthr.com/article/police-missing-babys-mom-lawyered
    Police: Missing baby's mom 'lawyered up'
    Indianapolis Metro Police say the mother of a missing Indianapolis baby has "lawyered up."

Police issued a statewide Silver Alert for 8-month-old Amiah Robertson Tuesday after the baby's family reported her missing this past Saturday.

At the time, investigators say Amiah's family told them they didn't believe the infant was in any danger. After receiving conflicting stories, police decided the 8-month-old could be in danger, so they put out the alert.

"I'm hoping someone can reach out to my child and get her home safely," Amber Robertson, the baby's mother, told Eyewitness News.

Robertson said she doesn't know where her baby could be. She says the last time she saw Amiah was Thursday, before her boyfriend, Robert Lyons, was supposed to take the baby to a west side home.

"She was supposed to go to the babysitter's house on 229 South Holmes. She never arrived there," said Robertson.

"If you don't know where your baby is, what else can you say," said Tammy Beatty, who lives across the street from the home where Lyons was supposed to leave baby Amiah.

Beatty says she remembers seeing Robertson, a man, and the baby at that same house last week.

GarAndMo49, ima.grandma and kdg411 like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

‘We want people to continue to talk’: Hoosiers push for answers to Indiana’s unsolved missing children cases

It's a rally to give a voice to those who are silent. Hoosiers came together Saturday night to be the guiding light for the boys and girls who remain missing as part of unsolved cases in central Indiana.

The group lit candles and a floating lantern to let their families know they aren't forgotten.

“I have two sons," said organizer Tailer Roberts. "If either of my kids were missing, I'd want everyone to go out and look for them. Baby Delano, Amiah, the Delphi girls, all of that, no one has forgotten.”

Young Amiah Robertson is the latest, and perhaps the one at the forefront of people's minds. The baby girl went missing in early March and was last seen with her mother's boyfriend Robert Lyons. He remains a suspect in the case. Police found some of her belongings by Eagle Creek.

“At this point, we just want answers, we want people to continue to talk," fellow organizer Lyndsey Glaz said.

“Whoever has information just needs to speak up," Roberts added.

https://cbs4indy.com/2019/04/14/we-...-to-indianas-unsolved-missing-children-cases/

GarAndMo49, ima.grandma and kdg411 like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search at babysitter's house turns up nothing for missing baby Amiah

IMPD investigators are wrapping up a search at the home connected to missing 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

Police had been searching the yard of Amiah's babysitter. However, police say they did not find any additional evidence to get them closer to finding the 8-month-old.

UIndy crews had helped to carry out an anthropology dig to look for the baby who went missing last month.

Several neighbors gathered on Holmes Avenue on Indy's south side Monday afternoon as IMPD Homicide and Crime Lab investigators searched the garage of baby Amiah's babysitter.

IMPD has questioned the babysitter and conducted a search at the house before. Information obtained during the investigation has brought them back to the house.

Neighbors told Eyewitness News they saw what they believe were K-9 units at the babysitter's house Monday afternoon.

Amber continues to say that she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance.

Police secured the house, garage and backyard during the search.

"I seen homicide take two big paper sacks and put them into the van," said Debbie Campbell, who lives nearby.

"We are looking for her and we will not stop until she has found that's why we are all here today," said Campbell at the scene Monday, carrying a photo of Amiah and a white candle.

Campbell and other neighbors are watching the case closely. As parents and grandparents, they say they feel a sense of anguish over a missing baby.

"We're just out here. We're not going to stop until she is found," said Campbell. "I really did in my heart believe that she was alive and somewhere, but now that I see they're digging up yards, I just lost it. This is our community baby, this is not just Amber Robertson's baby anymore."

https://www.wthr.com/article/search-babysitters-house-turns-nothing-missing-baby-amiah

4. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Backyard dig yields nothing, homeowner fed up with Amiah Robertson search on his property

“This place has turned into a circus,” Barry Browning said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with News 8.

He and his wife, Jeanette Browning, stayed in a motel after police served a search warrant Monday at their home in the 200 block of South Holmes Ave.

[...]

"My wife (met Amiah) for the first time at the end of February," he said. "I saw that little girl one time."

Jeanette Browning retained an attorney and declined to comment on camera.

Authorities identified Lyons as a suspect in the Amiah Robertson homicide investigation, and noted his relationship with Jeanette Browning in charging documents from an unrelated theft and forgery case.

Lyons wrote Browning's phone number on two fraudulent checks, according to a probable cause affidavit dated April 17. The document described her as "one of Lyons' friends."

Barry said his wife had known Lyons "for years" but maintained they knew nothing about Amiah's disappearance and suspected death.

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother believes Amiah Robertson is still alive following unsuccessful search of home

The mother of missing baby Amiah Robertson told reporters she believed her daughter was still alive after watching investigators unsuccessfully dig up the back yard of her babysitter’s home.

“I know that she’s somewhere out here and she’s very scared,” said Amber Robertson, standing in the street near an alley behind the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue on the city’s southwest side. “I want to be with her right now because I know how scared she is and I want to bring her home.”

“We did not uncover anything that leads us any closer to finding out where Amiah is or what exactly happened to her."

Amiah’s mother stood in a neighbor’s back yard Tuesday morning, fearful that a discovery might end the search for what happened to her daughter on a tragic note.

“I’m not going to lie, I felt as if my daughter wasn’t here. I just kept having this feeling,” said Robertson in her first conversation with reporters since the early days after Amiah’s disappearance. “I felt numb. I felt as if I couldn’t go anywhere. I couldn’t move.”

Deputy Chief Bailey said investigators feel Lyons has more to tell them about Amiah’s disappearance.

“There are people that know exactly what happened to Amiah, where she’s at, and they don’t have the moral courage to come forward and say what needs to be said,” said Bailey. “We believe that Mr. Lyons played a part in this baby’s disappearance and we want to know why and where the baby is.”

Robertson said she spent a sleepless night worrying about what investigators would find in the babysitter’s backyard.

https://fox59.com/2019/04/30/mother...-alive-following-unsuccessful-search-of-home/

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Father of Missing Baby Amiah Robertson Arrested for Forgery

A 20-year-old man considered a suspect in the March disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson has been arrested in northwest Indiana on forgery charges.

Robert Lyons, 20, was arrested Tuesday on a warrant out of Marion County and was being held in Warren County, according to the jail. He faces two felony charges of forgery and two misdemeanor charges of theft.

According to court documents, Lyons cashed two checks, one in February for $125 and one in March for $350, at a PLS Check Cashing, 444 E. Sumner Ave., both drawn from the account of Charles Williams III. The check cashed in March was returning to PLS as fraudulent, leading the manager od the business to contact police.

Both checks had a phone number handwritten on them, which police determined belonged to a friend of Lyons who "was also involved in the missing baby case." When police watched surveillance video from the business, a detective positively identified Lyons as the person cashing both checks, court documents say.

https://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/father-missing-baby-amiah-robertson-arrested-forgery

GarAndMo49, Kimster and spike like this.
  7. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

Man claiming to be father of missing infant girl Amiah speaks out

https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-n...ssing-infant-girl-amiah-speaks-out/1977476511
    Sierra Hignite
    Posted: May 03, 2019 1:06 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — For the first time we're hearing from the man who claims to be the father of baby Amiah Robertson. Police have been searching for the infant girl for nearly two months.

The man spoke to News 8 at a Friday night vigil held in honor of Amiah, who was 8 months old when reported as missing.

Keith Ripberger believes he is Amiah's father. He said he has asked for information about Amiah's disappearance and has been ignored. Now, he is demanding answers.

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Two Months Later: Where is baby Amiah?

It's been two months since Amiah's mother said she last saw her 8-month-old little girl and her whereabouts remain a mystery.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department detectives say they have no new information to release since the April 30 search of a home on Holmes Avenue.

Investigators are still asking for anyone who saw Robert Lyons, the boyfriend of Robertson's mother, and or Amiah Robertson on March 9, or any day after, in the area of Rockville Road and South Mickley Avenue to contact investigators. Lyons is believed to have traveled in a 1996 maroon Isuzu Rodeo in poor condition.

IMPD have said Robertson's mother is not a suspect and has been cooperating with detectives.

https://www.theindychannel.com/two-months-later-where-is-baby-amiah

9. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

The search for an 8-month-old Indiana baby continues, a little over two months after her mother reported her missing.
    upload_2019-6-9_12-29-10.jpeg
    As CrimeOnline previously reported, the FBI is assisting Indianapolis authorities in the search for Amiah Roberton, an infant girl reported missing March 16. According to the baby’s mother, Amber Robertson, Amiah was supposedly last seen off of the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue in Indianapolis, at a babysitter’s home.

Robertson allegedly said she hadn’t seen her baby since March 14, but didn’t report her missing until March 16 because she thought the baby was safe. Robertson said she didn’t think Amiah was in danger until she got into an argument with her boyfriend, Robert Lyons, who reportedly made threatening comments that made her believe something had happened to the baby.

According to detectives, however, the last time Amiah was seen “alive and well” was with Lyons on March 9, at the South Holmes Avenue residence. He was driving a 1996 maroon Isuzu Rodeo in “poor condition,” according to IMPD Detective Jean Burkett. Authorities also revealed that although Robertson initially claimed she saw the baby on March 14, she actually last saw Amiah around a week prior.

Police said Lyons stayed out until around 10 p.m. on March 9, then returned to Robertson alone, without the baby. Robertson said he gave Lyons permission to drop off the baby at the babysitter’s home, with the assumption she would be picked up the following day. This never happened. Instead, Lyons supposedly began taunting the mother about the baby’s whereabouts.

Lyons also reportedly told police several locations where the infant may be. A few of the locations, according to authorities, didn’t even exist. The other locations were searched thoroughly but police found no signs of Amiah.

Police have searched the babysitter’s home, inside and outside, on numerous occasions. The woman’s husband, Barry Browning, said his wife wasn’t a regular babysitter, according to WISH, and that their home had been turned “into a circus” and his wife had been labeled a “baby killer” by several people.

“My wife (met Amiah) for the first time at the end of February,” he said. “I saw that little girl one time…..We ain’t done nothing. Leave us alone.”

Browning added that although authorities conducted a number of searches, nothing was found because they have nothing to hide.

The police kicked us out of our house, told us we had to leave. Then the next day they dug up my yard and found nothing looking for that baby,” Browning said in early May, according to WIBC. “The warrant didn’t even have an address on it. They could have used it at anyone’s house.”

While Lyons is considered a suspect in Amiah’s disappearance, Robertson is fully cooperating, according to police, and is not considered a suspect at this time. No one has been charged in connection with Amiah’s disappearance.

Amiah has blue eyes, brown hair, and weighs around 16 pounds.

Anyone with any information on Amiah is urged to contact contact the IMPD Missing Persons Office at 317- 327-6160 or the Homicide Office at 317- 327-3475. To remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.
    https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/06...oms-boyfriend-remains-primary-suspect-police/

kdg411 likes this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing Amiah Robertson turns 1-year-old, homicide investigation continues

It’s been four months since baby Amiah Robertson was last seen on the southwest side of Indianapolis. July 14 was Amiah’s first birthday, and her family and friends wanted to share their message of hope that Amiah will be found.

“I never want to have to go through another day like this,” said Amiah’s mother, Amber Robertson.

It was an emotional birthday celebration as Amber, along with family and friends, gathered at the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue to sing happy birthday and place candles, stuffed animals, and balloons. This location is where Amiah was last seen.

Ola Chaney, Amiah’s Aunt, shared what she wrote on her balloon: “Happy birthday baby, we love you, we miss you, and we want you home.”

Amber says she never thought this would be how she would celebrate her daughter's first birthday, as Amiah is nowhere to be found.

“No, I did not ever plan to have my daughter’s birthday by a tree. I wish I could have had it at home,” said Amber.

“We should be at a park celebrating her, eating her cake,” said Christina. “But instead we’re doing this because somebody will not speak up.”

“Someone has her, bring her home. That’s all I’m asking,” said Amber.

If you know anything about Amiah's disappearance, please call crime stoppers. That number (317) 262-TIPS. Your information could be worth a $1,000 reward.

https://cbs4indy.com/2019/07/15/mis...-1-year-old-homicide-investigation-continues/

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

3,200 seek law to raise penalties for failure to report missing children

An online petition aimed at changing state laws surrounding missing children now has thousands of signatures.

The family of 8-month old Amiah Robertson wants harsher penalties for people who don’t immediately report missing children.

Amiah disappeared on March 9. She wasn’t reported missing until more than a week later on March 16.

“If someone would have reported her missing within the first day, the whole outcome could have been different,” said the sister of Amiah’s potential father, Patricia Turner.

That’s exactly why Turner, Amiah’s potential aunt, created an online petition asking for Indiana lawmakers to create a new bill called Amiah’s Law.

“It’s heartbreaking to not know where she’s at, what happened to her, what the true story is. Nobody is coming straight and we need answers,” said Turner.

Turner’s online petition to change that has gotten 3,200 signatures since it was started in May.

Turner wants Amiah’s Law to make it a felony if parents/guardians in Indiana don’t report missing children within 48 hours of their disappearance.

Turner said the law would be similar to Caylee’s Law, named after Caylee Anthony.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/local-n...lties-for-failure-to-report-missing-children/

GarAndMo49, spike and kdg411 like this.
  12. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Per IN court records Robert Lyons was sentenced on 8/7/2019 to 1 year + 183 days of probation. No additional charges or reference to Amiah.

This is a very unsettling case as a baby is presumed to be deceased by LE yet no one has been charged and no body recovered.

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Answers still sought 7 months after Amiah's disappearance

It has been nearly seven months since 8-month-old Amiah Robertson disappeared and family members are still pushing for answers.

Near Holmes Avenue and Washington Street, people in the community gathered in prayer alongside Amiah's family members in the place she was last seen alive.

They came together for support and with one united cause: to find out what happened to Amiah.

"We're here to just keep her alive and keep people remembering who she is and that she's still missing," Ford said. "We just kind of have reviewed all the areas and possible locations of where Amiah was in her last days."

"We would also like to see someone held accountable for at least child endangerment and this child being gone and no one speaking up," Ford said.

Amiah's grandfather, Charles Robertson, was there, as well, even though he called the experience "bone-chilling" and said he was a nervous wreck.

"It fills my heart," he said. "It really does, and I appreciate everything everybody does."

Robertson said he has not received any updates on the case in months and he hasn't heard from his daughter, Amiah's mom Amber, in even longer.

"Amber hasn't spoken to me since this happened," Robertson said. "I know she don't have a home of her own."

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department has investigated the case as a homicide since March 23. Investigators have searched ponds, an area around the White River and dug holes in the yard where Amiah was last seen. However, no arrests have been made.

Amiah's mother is not considered a suspect in the case, and IMPD still asks that anyone who has information call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

"If you know anything, just come forward," Robertson said. "You don't have to give your name or anything like that. Just tell us what happened. That way we can proceed with our life."

And Robertson had one final message for his granddaughter.

"Amiah, papa loves you," he said. "Papa will die loving you. You're always in my heart, every day."

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...ll-sought-7-months-after-amiahs-disappearance

Kimster, GrandmaBear and kdg411 like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother of missing Indiana baby says she'll continue search for daughter despite threats

The mother of an Indiana infant who has been missing since March says she's been the victim of constant threats , but it won't deter her from searching for her daughter.

It's now been seven months since the little girl was last seen alive and Amber says she's constantly defending her name while she continues to search for her daughter.

"Everyday I get online to find out that everyone is sitting and saying that I don't care for my daughter, I don't cry over my daughter. That I don't have love for my daughter the way I should or I don't care about my daughter. The things I do for my daughter I do behind closed doors for a reason and that is to hopefully not get as bashed as bad as I do. But I still do," Amber said.

Amber said finding her daughter is still her daily mission, but the search has become even more difficult as the misinformation and threats continue to be hurled her way online and in the public.

"I get threatened that I'm going to be protested at my job. Protested at houses that I'm at. I get threatened that I'm going to get beat up, whatever the case may be and this isn't how it should be. This is a 1-year-old that is missing that would love to be home gets no help from people because they waste their time bashing me," Amber said.

She says there's not a day that doesn't go by that Amiah isn't on her mind. Even seven months later, her family and friends continue to regularly search areas of the city where the now 15-month-old infant could be.

Even though police have ruled Amiah's disappearance as a homicide, Amber says she has no choice but to continue to believe that her daughter is alive, because the alternative is too hard to even think about.

"I still look for her and right now where she could be, I don't know. I just pray she's with someone who is taking care of her and giving the things that she needs and the help that she needs because she's a 1-year-old who can't do it her self."

Investigators continue to ask for the public's help to locate Amiah. If you have any information on where she could be or what might have happened to her, contact the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/national/...-continue-search-for-daughter-despite-threats

kdg411, spike and Kimster like this.
  15. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

This case is so strange. I really can't put my finger on it.

kdg411 and spike like this.