1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MN AMY SUE PAGNAC: Missing from Osseo, MN - 5 Aug 1989 - Age 13

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Aug 4, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Amy Pagnac has been missing from Osseo, Minnesota since 1989.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Missing-girl case in Maple Grove marks 26 years

Wednesday marks the 26th anniversary of Amy Sue Pagnac’s disappearance, and Maple Grove police haven’t released any new details on the case, which resurfaced last year.

The 13-year-old vanished Aug. 5, 1989 after a trip to the family’s farm. The case received little attention until May 2014, when police, FBI and state investigators converged on the family’s Maple Grove home with a sealed search warrant, doing a six-day search of the home and tearing up the backyard patio. Then in June 2014, authorities did a four-day dig at the family’s 140-acre Isanti County farm.

A year later, police still haven’t disclosed what prompted the searches or whether anything was found. But Police Capt. Adam Lindquist said two detectives remain on the case.

“It’s a high priority for us,” he said last week. “It’s still open and active, and we’re looking to bring Amy home.”

http://www.startribune.com/missing-girl-case-in-maple-grove-marks-26-years/320642252/

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/733090
    NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7051/0/
    Charley Project - http://charleyproject.org/case/amy-sue-pagnac

edited by staff to fix link to the Charley Project

Facebook - Help Find Amy Sue Pagnac - https://www.facebook.com/findamysuepagnac

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/amy-sue-pagnac-missing-from-minnesota.662/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
    Akoya, Lily, GarAndMo49 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

It appears they think the family had something to do with her disappearance?

In cases like this I always am curious to know what the family members have been doing since.

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 1 other person like this.
  3. sguru26

sguru26 New Member

On the kstp story, you will also see Capt Lindquist stating the family has been very open and has been working with law enforcement.
    We are hardly indifferent to Amy's disappearance, we love her and only want to bring her home.
    We have been active with Missing Children Minnesota, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, the Wetterling Resource Foundation...
    We have created a Facebook page 'Help Find Amy Sue Pagnac'
    We have attended functions and supported other families who are going through struggles.
    What else can we do to bring Amy home?

Whatsnext, Akoya, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  4. sguru26

sguru26 New Member

Also, thank you for including Amy on your forum. I hope some new thoughts and can lead to something productive can come from here. Social Media has changed the way we reach out and relate to people so much, even in the past few years. New ideas and connections and fresh eyes on an old case. 26 years is too long. I hope and hope for Amy to come home.

Akoya, Paradise, Lily and 3 others like this.
  5. Kimster

THANK YOU for coming here and letting us know what's going on! You just proved that the word "assume" shouldn't be used loosely in missing persons cases!

What can we do for you? Do you have a Facebook for Amy that we can promote? A Twitter?

Do you have someone in law enforcement that's "on your team", so to speak?

Akoya, Paradise, Lily and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kimster

7. Kimster

Do you know why LE did a search on the family farm? We don't see that very often.

Akoya, Paradise, Lily and 1 other person like this.
  8. sguru26

sguru26 New Member

You got the facebook page, thank you for posting it. Missing Children Minnesota, Jacob Wetterling Resource Center, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension are also excellent pages to like and follow. They put out so much information and education about individuals who are or who are at risk of becoming missing, and have expansive services beyond that. I don't think we have twitter, I barely use twitter, but that's a good idea, thank you!
    I can't really tell you why LE decided to tell the media about the search beyond their official statements to the media as those statements are public knowledge about an active investigation. I believe I can say, is to not assume the media reports everything, and there are many things in an active investigation that are kept out of the press. Each case is different and unique, just as every person is different and unique.

There are two new detectives on the case - Investigator Missy Parker and Detective Angela Tschida. I think Detective Parker is the lead however I admit I get rather emotional whenever I'm talking about Amy, and I can't recall if they told me that when I met them, or if I'm just making an assumption. From what I understand, they would really like to talk to anyone who knew Amy personally, and reconnect with them. Even if someone has already talked to the police, even if it's been recently, please re-connect and talk directly to the new detectives on the case. There may be new questions, new connections with fresh eyes and ears.

Both of my parents are aging and have their own significant health issues. Attending events have been hard emotionally for both of them. I personally don't make it past 10 minutes before I break down in tears. I try to come late because I know I'll leave early - I hate crying in public. My mother is so strong. She still struggles to work through the sorrow, and will try to spread the word and provide education about the resources available. My father is quiet, and tries to keep from crying as his heart is breaking. I see this every time we get word from law enforcement, a reporter calls, or we are at an event. Every time a new story about Amy comes up. My parents and I have a hole in our family, and I hope, someday, we will be complete again.

Akoya, Paradise, Whisper 2112 and 3 others like this.
  9. Kimster

Thank you for coming back with more insight. And your raw honesty♡. I wish all compassionate people would read what you wrote and understand that it gets worse and not better. The not knowing is so difficult. Everyone needs to wrap their arms around you and your family and let you know that we care.

What can we do to help? Is it enough to continue to Tweet and share on FB?

Akoya, Paradise, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  10. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

It must have been so distressing to have police digging up the family home...

11. sguru26

sguru26 New Member

Share on Facebook for now. Anything helps. And thank you for keeping Amy's story out there.

It was distressing, I'm not going to lie. But anything that LE has to do, no matter how it hurts/distresses, none of that distress matters if it brings Amy home.

Akoya, Paradise, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  12. Whisper 2112

Whisper 2112 New Member

So glad to have found this new venue for discussion cases! I have read many, many articles about Amy's case, and talked to some of the people who were involved early on in supporting the family. What strikes me is the different levels and kinds of attention this case has received over the decades. With so many investigators having been assigned to it, so many case managers from independent non-profits, private investigators, etc...a LOT of activity has happened, but there has not been this perfect storm of information and action leading to answers. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the family to have no idea what is being done with information that is sent in or uncovered, to not know how tips are being followed up on, to not be given direction on how to help the police communicate to the public in a useful way.

Still, their level of effort over the years is amazing, keeping in contact with the police both when there is communication coming back, and when there is not, keeping in contact with all the child search organizations, keeping after the press even when it is proving futile, attending missing person events, learning as much as possible about the issues, and advocating for more and better training for officers, writing proposed policy papers for civic organizations, etc.

AND NOW, at ages where most of their peers don't go on the computer, they learn Facebook, learn Twitter, start studying social media and learning those tools.

Hope is DEFINATELY a verb! HOPE is action, HOPE is never quitting, and this family has not quit.

Akoya, Paradise, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  13. Kimster

Agreed! I read about solved cold cases all the time. May it be Amy's turn now!!!

14. spagnac

spagnac New Member

We agree, it is Amy's turn now! We hope that it is a phone call with Amy being found and on her way home. With law enforcement drawing attention to Amy's case last year, we really expected them to have a break in this case.

15. sguru26

sguru26 New Member

On Veteran's Day, I honor both my late grandfathers for their service. I post this here on behalf of Amy, who is unable to honor them herself.

Kimster, Akoya and Whisper 2112 like this.
  16. Kimster

What a sweet thing to want to do!!! What branches of the service did they serve, @sguru ?

Akoya likes this.
  17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

18. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Just noticed this case so I thought that I would give it a bump up for Amy.

Akoya, Kimster, Lily and 1 other person like this.
  19. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Anything new?

Akoya likes this.
  20. Kimster

I haven't seen anything. :sigh:

Akoya and TripleA like this.