1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UK ANDREW GOSDEN: Missing from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England - 14 Sept 2007 - Age 14

Discussion in 'Europe: Missing & Unidentified' started by Kimster, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Andrew has not been since September 2007, when he left the family home on Littlemoor Lane, Balby.

They thought he was heading for McAuley School as usual, but instead he was caught on closed circuit television cameras leaving Kings Cross railway station in London later the same day.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/missing-youth-andrew-gosden-feared-dead-1-3562629

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved..._sad_and_unexplained_disappearance_of_andrew/

Andrew has been missing from his home in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, since 14 September 2007. He was last seen on CCTV footage at King's Cross Station in London later that morning. When Andrew went missing he was 5ft 3in tall, slim with light brown hair and brown eyes. He needs strong prescription glasses. He was last seen wearing black jeans and T-shirt.

Andrew was last seen at 8-30am as he was heading down Littlemoor Lane, Balby, Doncaster towards Westfield Park. Andrew returned from school after his parents had gone to work, and changed out of his uniform. He emptied his bank account – taking around £200 – and without leaving a note went to Doncaster station and bought a one-way ticket to London King’s Cross (refusing a return even though the cost was about the same).

It is thought that he boarded a train at Doncaster Railway Station at 9-35am on the day he went missing arriving at London Kings Cross Station at 11-20am. South Yorkshire Police released CCTV footage from Kings Cross Station on 14 September 07, the day he went missing, there are no confirmed sightings after this one.

http://helpustofindandrew.weebly.com/

[​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ng-from-doncaster-southyorkshire-england.670/

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    spike, MissyMoo, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  2. Kimster

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I've always been very interested in what happened to Andrew. He just has one of those faces that sticks with you.

Buying a one-way ticket obviously screams that he was trying to run away. But Andrew would be 22 years old now. Far past the age where he could say, "Okay guys, I'm here, I'm okay. I'm not coming home but you can stop looking for me." I wonder if he was meeting up with someone specific, that maybe didn't turn out how he expected it would?

spike, MissyMoo, Lily and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kimster

I'm glad you know this case! I'd never run across Andrew before. His family tweets about him regularly and it breaks my heart. :tears: I wish I could do something to find him! So I'm tweeting along with them.

5. Kimster

...after signing up to use a new social-media tool called Thunderclap - the Gosden family are set to share their appeal to find Andrew with more than 1,709,000 people across the country at 5pm on Monday - the eighth anniversary of his disappearance.

Thunderclap works by sending out a synchronised post on the Facebook and Twitter accounts of everyone who has signed up to the project, and over the past few months the Gosdens have been appealing for as many people as possible to sign up to it.

Andrew’s dad, Kevin Gosden, says the Thunderclap project has helped to give him ‘hope’ that they might finally find out what happened to the former McAuley Catholic High School pupil.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/doncaster-family-s-hope-to-find-missing-son-1-7455142

A new social media tool to get the word out? Has anyone ever used Thunderclap?

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

It looks like it's mostly used for political things. My first impression was a mix of a petition site with a fundraiser site. But instead of donating money to the cause, you "support" the cause by posting via Facebook, Twitter, etc. https://www.thunderclap.it/

However, using it for missing persons is a great idea. I'm glad to see a huge push by Andrew's family. I hope that they can get answers.

Here is the specific link to Andrew's Thunderclap: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/29306-help-us-to-find-andrew-gosden?locale=en You just click "Support with _____" and it gives the app permission to post it to your Facebook or Twitter or Tumblr on September 14.

What a great idea! 1,390 supporters so far. It will be posted to all of their accounts on 9/14 reaching 1,729,415 so far.

MissyMoo, spike, Lily and 1 other person like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

MissyMoo, Lily, spike and 2 others like this.
  8. Kimster

Love and prayers to this heartbroken family.

Where are you Andrew?

MissyMoo, Lily and spike like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Doncaster dad’s hope to find missing son nine years on from his disappearance

The family of a Doncaster man who was last seen when he boarded a train to London almost nine years ago say they are still holding out hope that he is alive and well.

Since his disappearance in September 2007, his parents, Kevin and Glenis have exhausted every resource at their disposal to try and find Andrew, and their most recent attempt saw the family appeal for Andrew’s return on BBC One’s Panorama.

And while Kevin says his appearance on the programme two weeks ago has so far failed to produce any solid leads on the whereabouts of Andrew, now aged 23, the 50-year-old says he still believes that Andrew could be alive somewhere.

“We just want him to get in touch, whatever’s happened, whereever he is we want him to know that we just want to know he’s okay.”

Kevin says he does not think the police have failed in terms of resources given to the investigation, but adds that he thinks police should have acted differently in the initial stages of the investigation.

He said: “If they had spent more time looking at the CCTV things could maybe have been different. It took a month for them to get the CCTV of Andrew at King’s Cross, and during that time they were looking at us and our family, even though eye-witnesses on the train he boarded said they’d seen him get on to that train, and what time.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...ine-years-on-from-his-disappearance-1-8053721

MissyMoo, spike, Lily and 2 others like this.
  10. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

andrew.jpe
    Andrew Gosden disappeared from the family home in Doncaster, UK, on Sept 14th, 2007. Andrew left for school at 8:30am. Andrew later returned to the house sometime after his sister left for school and his parents had gone to work. He took off his school uniform and donned a normal set of clothes - for Andrew, a SlipKnot t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

Andrew then walked to his local train station - Doncaster, a 20-minute walk from his home. On his way, he stopped at an ATM to withdraw £200 in cash from his savings account. At Doncaster Station, he bought a one-way ticket to London King's Cross Station, The ticket operator remembered telling him it would be cheaper for him to buy a return ticket for only 50p more. However Andrew insisted on buying a one-way ticket. An eyewitness on the 9:35am train (a 1 hour 45 min journey) said Andrew was sitting quietly, engaged in his PSP console. Investigators later discovered he did not take the PSP charger with him. He was then caught on CCTV leaving the station on arrival at King's Cross at 11:20am.

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

andreww.jpg
    One of the last known images of Andrew captured on CCTV .

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  12. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

MISSING: It was nine years ago today when Doncaster teen Andrew Gosden disappeared

It was nine years ago yesterday that Doncaster teen Andrew Gosden went missing.

And despite no positive sightings of him, and a recent TV appeal bringing forward no solid leads, his family continue their search, sure he is still alive somewhere.

And while Kevin says his appearance on the programme two weeks ago has so far failed to produce any solid leads on the whereabouts of Andrew - who would now be aged 23 - the 50-year-old said he still believes that Andrew could be alive . Read more at: http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.u...ster-teen-andrew-gosden-disappeared-1-8124509

http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.u...ster-teen-andrew-gosden-disappeared-1-8124509

MissyMoo, spike, Scorpio and 2 others like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Vanished Doncaster teen Andrew Gosden's family speak out as figures show someone is reported missing almost every hour in South Yorkshire

South Yorkshire Police received 7641 calls reporting 'missing or absent people' between April 2015 and March 2016 - just short of 21 calls a day and nearly one an hour.

The county force had the 13th highest number of calls on a table of 43 police forces across England and Wales and a new dedicated 'Missing Persons Hub' is to be launched to enable police and council staff to work more closely on tackling the issue of disappearing people.

The father of Andrew Gosden - the Doncaster teenager who went missing nearly ten years ago without a trace - has now spoken about the need for more to be done to prevent young people from running away never to be seen again.

Kevin Gosden, aged 51, of Balby, said: "The number of people reported missing is going up every year. I welcome the new Missing Persons Hub and the authorities really need to focus on prevention.

He added: "The pain of not knowing what happened to Andrew still tears us apart. I hope more can be done so other families don't have to suffer like we have."

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk...lmost-every-hour-in-south-yorkshire-1-8428409

[​IMG]

MissyMoo, spike, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  16. Kimster

That's outrageous! I don't think there's anywhere in the USA where people are reported missing that often, are there?

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

21 calls a day for one county? But still only the 13th highest in the country? That seems insanely high. I can't imagine what the highest number is.

I can't imagine anywhere here getting that many calls a day? So I googled it, lol. It looks like NYC actually got about 13,000 calls in 2014. That's almost 36 per day. (https://themissingny.nycitynewsservice.com/) Los Angeles, which I expected to be up there, averages 3200 a year, or 9 per day. (http://www.lapdonline.org/lapd_adult_missing_persons_unit)

However, NYC has a population of 8.4 million. Los Angeles has 3.9 million. South Yorkshire only has 1.34 million. So comparatively, to LA at least, that number does seem high.

18. Kimster

Thank you for looking it up. It makes sense why some calls seem stalled for a few hours.

19. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

If he has not called home at this point it could only be, IMO, because of a few reasons - someone in his family was abusive, he has become demented by drugs or mental illness, he is deceased.

20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Father Whose Son Went Missing 10 Years Ago Continues To "Live In Limbo"

Kevin Gosden’s son has never been found after he went missing 10 years ago. In this powerful interview, he tells Shelagh Fogarty his life has been in limbo ever since.

Speaking about his struggle to come to terms with not being able to find his son, in a candid interview, Mr Gosden said he had even attempted suicide.

He said: “It is an indescribably difficult battle with depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress and all that.

“It’s horrendous, you live in limbo because you can’t grieve because you don’t have a body and equally you don’t know they’re alive.

“You go round in physiological circles.”

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presente...-whose-son-went-missing-10-years-ago-continu/