1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR ANNIE DOE: WF, 14-25, found in Josephine County, OR - 19 Aug 1971 *Annie Lehman*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by DaisyChains, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

This would be one hell of a coincidence! I wonder if this has ever happened before, a doe nickname matching the real name.

Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  2. Jason Futch

I am right there with you. When I read the article I had been up 21 hours so I was a little dismissive of the article.

Then I woke up and re-read it, and also looked at messages Gwen, my Cave Junction Contact, sent regarding the message and everything just clicked. Gwen did some heavy research on the Lehman’s last night and she got pretty deep.

So personally, I’m pretty convinced we found Annie. Literally. If not, back to the drawing board we go.

3. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

The only one I can think of is Spring Dawn Jane Doe who was identified as Dawn Birnbaum.

Whatsnext, Kimster and Jason Futch like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Well, I'll be! Wow!

Whatsnext and Jason Futch like this.
  5. Jason Futch

If Annie Doe is identified, and it comes to light that DDP was the people responsible for locating Annie’s sister, then this will make Identification #8 for the DDP, since last night’s announcement made John Clinton Doe #7. Also another fun fact: this would also be the oldest case that DDP has assisted with and solved should she be identified in a few weeks.

DDP is on a huge roll with the identifications. I believe that it should be unanimous that forensic geanology really and truly works!

6. Jason Futch

NCMEC just recognized the Annie Lehman lead on their “Help ID Me” page. Sounds like Annie Doe will be heading home soon.

7. Kimster

Wow! I'm just loving these people at the Doe Network!

Whatsnext and Jason Futch like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I hope that with more of these cases coming out, more families will check to make sure their missing loved one is still entered as a missing person. Or, report them, if they were never reported.
    Unfortunately, prior to very recently, it was common practice to not take a report, or purge a report after a certain amount of time (especially if the missing person disappeared as a teenager). And many records were "lost" or destroyed while changing offices, crossing jurisdictions, upgrading to computerized files, etc. Or a family didn't realize that they could actually report a teen or adult missing.

Annie Lehman may or may not have been reported missing (she's not currently in any system). The young man who was hit by a car and unidentified for more than 30 years (Matthew Wolf / Covina John Doe) ...WAS reported missing at the time and was even on milk cartons, but was not in any modern system.

With all of the AMAZING things DNA Doe Project is doing, Doe Network, NamUs, etc... it would be EXTRA AMAZING if, when these news stations picked up the story about them being identified, they also spread the word about verifying missing persons reports filed decades ago. It would make the work DDP et al are doing so much easier.

[​IMG]

9. Jason Futch

I couldn’t agree more!

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  10. Jason Futch

I received some inside info, and the info is that there could be an announcement this coming week. Fingers crossed!

11. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

THIS. I recently helped a lady who had a friend who went missing about 30 years ago simply by telling her about NamUs, and how it works. She had never heard about it, but got very excited and said she would talk to the missing friend's family about getting them registred there. It really just seems like these international and national resources aren't known at all by most people. I have even registred several friends and families of MPs using rather obscure and not-known-at-all websites instead, which are seen by like 2-3 people max.

12. Kimster

Fantastic! That's the best way to do it too, keep everyone informed.

Whatsnext and The Coffeenator like this.
  13. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

That is great news!

Whatsnext likes this.
  14. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

15. Jason Futch

ANNIE DOE IS ANNIE LEHMAN!
    1CFF566B-5513-4712-958C-5363A1F3E569.jpeg
    F5230D1A-10E0-451B-85E4-58C1778026C6.jpeg 7C1F9FE5-447F-4BDA-AE8A-6F2F4893F2EF.jpeg 7D0383B2-D748-48B8-8604-2BD23A0CF12F.jpeg

16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

So glad that her family has answers! And after nearly 50 years. Amazing.

[​IMG]

Whatsnext, Kimster and noZme like this.
  17. Jason Futch

I will need to say this: I am shocked that Carl’s version of Annie didn’t come close to the real deal. He’s usually spot on!

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Yep. I said pretty much the same in the comparisons thread. He's usually very, very close. Unfortunately, I don't think ANY of Annie's reconstructions / drawings / clay models / etc. were close.

Whatsnext, Jason Futch and Kimster like this.
  19. Kimster

I'm so glad she's been identified! Way to go!

20. Jason Futch

I want to let everyone here know that me and a friend who lives in Cave Junction and had been researching her case are planning to put together a memorial program for Anne-Marie in Cave Junction soon. We are working out location details right now but we are planning for possibly Anne-Marie’s program to be at Wild River Brewing and Pizza on Hwy 199 in Cave Junction, however this can change.

We plan to invite everyone involved in this case and invite the public to attend, should anyone on CW be inclined to come. If you live in Oregon or close, we encourage you to come!

Details are forthcoming. Stay tuned.