1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR ANNIE DOE: WF, 14-25, found in Josephine County, OR - 19 Aug 1971

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by DaisyChains, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch The King of the Highway

BREAKING: I heard from a source close to DDP this morning that they have obtained Annie’s DNA and are currently working toward getting her identified! This is exciting that Colleen and Margaret took her case! I’m sure there will be an announcement later.

Akoya and spike like this.
  2. Jason Futch

3. Jason Futch

I am meeting with someone from Cave Junction this evening to discuss Annie’s case over some Dutch Bros. in Grants Pass. Looking forward to meeting this person and help her with this case. She is also a sleuth that is working on Annie’s case as a resident of the area.

4. Jason Futch

I spoke with this contact and she believes that this Jane Doe could be Sylvia Torgow, an escaped inmate from Michigan. She escaped in fall of 1970 and hasn’t been seen since. I am prepared to contact Dr. Vance within the week or next to submit this as a possibility. 90D02438-D0AC-4FC9-ACCF-9C8E2733F9CF.jpeg

Akoya, Kimster and spike like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Oh wow how exciting! Was Sylvia a redhead? I'm assuming she was.

Akoya, spike and Jason Futch like this.
  6. Jason Futch

Her hair is described as Strawberry Blonde, which could be close to red haired I suppose depending on how an individual views SB as. This is perhaps the closest we have come yet to a match I think!

Akoya, spike and Kimster like this.
  7. Jason Futch

71CE87F2-23CA-4095-9F47-79061FE8275C.jpeg FC6D7188-CFFE-4816-A70A-D33200DCD296.jpeg
    All photos for one’s consideration.

Kimster, Akoya and spike like this.
  8. Kimster

I was given a picture of someone who the family of a missing person thought was her last year. I thought for sure it was going to be a match, but the DNA didn't match! Let's hope we have better news this time.

Anarkitty, Akoya, spike and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jason Futch

For real! Dr. Vance could use a break on this case! Btw, I also found out that Josephine County alone had 5 unidentifieds from 1971-1997!

10. Jason Futch

I’m convinced that this timeline adds up! If this is TORGOW, there will be more questions than answers I’m certain!

Akoya, spike and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

I'm headed down to the southern coast next month. I'll have to see who is who down there.

12. Anarkitty

Anarkitty New Member

Hello! Aforementioned contact here! Happy to join the community here and am definitely excited to see what becomes of both the DDP's findings and Torgow possibility.
    I mean, Sylvia was from Florida originally, but if she was in prison in Michigan then it's possible that she'd been in the Great Lakes area for a while. I wish there was somebody who knew her who we could speak to, just so we could get a sense of who she was. The information on her is slim to none.

13. Kimster

:welcome:

Fellow Oregonian here! :waving: I'm in the Corvallis-Eugene area! Let me know if you need any legs on the ground over here. Glad you joined us! :cheering:

14. Jason Futch

88036171-11E6-4448-B65D-7211D65F756C.jpeg BREAKING: DNA DOE PROJECT OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES ANNIE DOE AS THEIR NEXT CASE!!!

NEW CASE – Annie Doe

State of Oregon Cold Case from 1971: "Annie Doe" has passed QC and has started sequencing. We expect to receive files for her in 3-4 weeks, provided the DNA output is in good shape.

Annie Doe (who was estimated to be 14-25 years old) is one of the oldest cases (if not THE oldest) on file with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Information on her can be found at:
    http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Annie_Doe
    http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1261134/1/screen
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/404ufor.html

Annie is a DoeFundMe case, and we will put up a Paypal button on the website for her shortly. Because we already had sufficient funds in our General Fund from previous donations to make up any shortfall, we’ve already greenlighted the sequencing for her. Donations on her behalf will allow us to use existing funds for the next case, which is just around the corner.

NamUs Case Number: 10929
    NCMEC Case Number: 1261134 A31E27EA-4B33-456A-8AEC-FB9359EA5A1D.jpeg

Akoya, spike, Scorpio and 2 others like this.
  15. Jason Futch

Isn’t it great! Now we have Portland (me), the Williamette Valley (you) and the Rogue Valley (Anarkitty) covered here! Now we just need a Central and Eastern Oregon connection lol.

Akoya, spike and Anarkitty like this.
  16. Jason Futch

I just sent the Torgow lead to Dr. Vance and Torgow's case manager, Tanya Weidman who works in the Absconder Recovery area of the Michigan State Police.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Akoya and spike like this.
  17. Jason Futch

46E0A075-E4EA-4B6D-9621-720839E0A50B.jpeg QC just passed for Annie Doe, should have a file in the next two weeks!

18. Kimster

You don't know how much I'm looking forward to the results!

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Akoya like this.
  19. Jason Futch

upload_2018-8-11_17-37-39.png
    Some pretty discouraging news, but we can only hope for the best from this point that they can find some DNA to work with on this case. Thanks for the info @Anarkitty

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Kimster like this.
  20. Romulus

Romulus In the earth of missing person

Kimster likes this.