1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NV ARROYO GRANDE JANE DOE: WF, 14-25, found near Henderson, NV - Oct 1980 - "S" tattoo *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Kimster, May 28, 2015.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Or possibly a long line of royalty and accomplished people!

2. spike

spike Bronze Member

:hug:

DaisyChains and Akoya like this.
  3. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I had mine done a few years back. It was interesting to find my genetic make up is not what I thought it would be. :)

4. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

spike, DaisyChains, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  5. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I hope they release / make public the isotope results. I sent in a(nother) MP almost a year ago as a possible match to Arroyo.

Akoya, spike, patsella and 2 others like this.
  6. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I'm praying the dentist or a dental assistant that put the tooth ligature on her right before her death will see the report and remember her.

I have a gut feeling we will know who AGJD was very soon. No facts, just guts.

Akoya, spike, Sunburst and 1 other person like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I hope your gut is right!

spike, patsella and Sunburst like this.
  8. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

BBM Me too. :)

Akoya and spike like this.
  9. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

That would be great news. I wish the dentist who did that procedure on her would see that photo and say I remember her.
    :vigil:

Akoya, spike, Sunburst and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I hope so, but I keep thinking the dentist who did that work is most likely retired by now if they are still living and they might not have saved their dental records.

11. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I saw this MP woman's name mentioned on another site (in a totally different UID case from CT ) and went to to NAMUS and looked her up and she has strawberry blond hair and hazel eyes and matches Arroyo's height pretty close ...but age is WAY WAY off, what if Arroyo's age is way older than the 1980 coroner thought ; AND her first name is SYLVIA..........and she escaped from prison in Michigan as an 18 year old in 1970 .......... FP available, no dentals, and initial DNA inquiry underway....... Sylvia appears to have the same long thin nose that Arroyo has.................. the tat on Sylvia's hand could have been removed........no picture of the tat............., or maybe it wasn't her hand , but her arm that had the tat...............we can't see Sylvia's teeth to see if she has the gap that Arroyo had...........

Opinions and should this be sent to Rick J. and /or Tiffany and Henderson PD???!!!!!!!

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34291/17?current_page=circumstances

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  12. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Wanted to add that a Michigan prison escapee sure wouldn't be staying in Michigan- Sylvia probably hightailed it out of MI ASAP to another part of the country. The NV coroner believes Arroyo was travelling from either CA or AZ, her body was found close to a road used mainly by bikers and/or truckers going to/from CA and AZ in 1980. The site is now part of someone's yard in Housing Subdivision in Henderson, NV.

13. Kimster

They've entered info incorrectly before! Wow, I think she looks very good. @Sunburst !

DaisyChains, spike and Akoya like this.
  14. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I will send Rick an email (again). I sent Ellen R. from Canada in about a year ago, she is still listed on the Canadian site, so I guess Ellen R. is not Arroyo.

15. Kimster

Do it! They get really busy and don't answer back immediately very often. I happen to know a detective that handles two local does and he is terrible at answering emails. But he still appreciates the tips. He told me!

16. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

You know that I always say, better to turn in to get the rule out then to pass someone by. Having said that, I think the prints would have flagged if they're in the same system.

If you go back to my post 161 to 164, I posted a bunch of older articles when I redid her NFM narrative. Everything that I've read; the original detective doesn't think she's over 18. "She was a young lady, 14 to 18 years old,” Williams says. I don't know why they have her to 25 on NamUs.

I wish isotopes would be done, then we'd at least have an area.
    Arroyo NamUs https://identifyus.org/en/cases/46

Grabbed a few snips from my posts

Article links in titles

What’s your name, Baby Jane? - By David Kihara - Friday, Jan. 27, 2006 | 8 a.m.
    For more than two decades, a teenager found naked, stabbed and beaten in Henderson has been known only as Jane "Arroyo Grande" Doe.
    Nevada coroner puts photos of deceased on Internet / Visitors urged to try to help identify Jane and John Does - By Steve Friess, Special to The Chronicle Published 4:00 am, Thursday, January 22, 2004
    2004-01-22 04:00:00 PDT Las Vegas -- Her naked corpse was discovered by accident by a pair of brothers more than 23 years ago along a dirt road on the edge of town. She looked like a teen, perhaps no older than 18, possibly a runaway. Her head was beaten with a hammer, but the coroner believes she actually died from stabbings of an unidentified 3-inch object.

Technology may help solve 23-year-old case - By Jen Lawson - Wednesday, June 4, 2003 | 11:15 a.m.
    She was found dumped alongside Arroyo Grande Boulevard in Henderson almost 23 years ago.

The victim was a young woman, probably in her late teens, with blue eyes and feathered brown hair. Investigators determined she had been raped, hit on the head and stabbed multiple times in the back, but they never determined her name.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  17. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Thanks, Advocate.

18. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

OK, I was thinking about Arroyo's tattoo. What if it isn't an "S" but the number "5"?

Her BF sports jersey number? Her sports jersey number for basketball/volleyball/ track? Those were the major sports for girls back then. Soccer was just getting started as a nationwide sport.
    An uncompleted tattoo?
    SK marking another victim?

spike, Scorpio, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  19. Kimster

My fives look like S's all the time.

20. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Looks like an S to me.
    [​IMG]

GarAndMo49, Kimster and spike like this.