1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on October 12.
    An unknown man and woman picked up Kamille and put her in their vehicle.
    The suspect vehicle is a blue or black SUV, possibly a Toyota 4-Runner, with rims and a “peanut butter brown” protruding bumper.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NV ARROYO GRANDE JANE DOE: WF, 14-25, found near Henderson, NV - Oct 1980 - "S" tattoo *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Kimster, May 28, 2015.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Posting a link to this site in Arroyo's thread because the thought had occurred to me :What if Arroyo had been attending a concert somewhere and then was dumped in Nevada? The link below lists major concerts, arranged by performance date in 1980. Lots of very valuable concert info that might help with other 1980 UID cases in other states as well.
    I thought the link listed below was too valuable to lose, but really didn't see a forum to post the link in that may help in other 1980 UID cases.

http://www.lookatstubs.com/year/ticketstubs_1980.htm

Investigators for Arroyo have always said they believed she was coming from CA or AZ, and that they do not believe Arroyo was from the Las Vegas area. I could find no performances listed in AZ . At the beginning of October 1980, the following bands were performing in the U.S:

Oct 1: Outlaws with Foghat and Johnny Van Zant in Knoxville TN (this would fit with Motorcycle Gang Dude saying that his motorcycle gang had picked up Arroyo as a runaway in TN); Also performing on Oct 1 : AC/DC in Cleveland, Ohio ; Bob Seger in Largo, MD; Jeff Beck in various cities in FL for multi night concerts until Oct 4;

Oct 3 : Barry Manilow in Houston, TX; Harry Chapin in NY:

Oct 4: Grateful Dead in San Francisco (BBM); Bruce Springsteen and E street Band in Cincinnati, OH; The Cars in Omaha, NE; The Spinners in Tarrytown, NY ;Jethro Tull with Whitesnake in MD

On Sept. 30, 1980, Black Sabbath was performing with Blue Oyster Cult and 2 other acts in St. Louis, MO. The Kinks were performing in Boulder, CO. Queen was performing in Madison Square Garden in NY.

In 1980, Fleetwood Mac had concluded their "Tusk" 79-80 tour by Sept. 1, 1980. The J. Geils Band had also ended their tour for their then-current album.

2. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Great thought because she wouldn't be the 1st girl taken from a concert and raped and killed

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Was listening to an old Fleetwood Mac song on the radio Saturday and the thought popped into my head to check concert dates in 1980. The other thought that occurred to me was maybe she had planned to audition as a showgirl in Vegas .

4. Advocate

Was a good idea. We looked for other Does but not her

DaisyChains, Kimster and spike like this.
  5. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Just googled driving distance from Nebraska to Las Vegas. At 60 mph, it would have taken about 21 hours. San Francisco to Vegas at 60 mph would have taken about 9 hours. The Cars concert in Nebraska and the Grateful Dead concert in San Francisco were the two closest concerts. There was real negative stuff going on at Dead concerts sometimes- not everyone was there just to listen to music and enjoy the usual traditional events at a Dead concert. Her death was estimated to have occurred in the 24 hours before she was found.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    GarAndMo49, Akoya, Advocate and 2 others like this.
  6. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Houston to Vegas driving distance would take about 24.5 hours at 60 mph, for the Barry Manilow concert.

7. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Anyone know how long it takes for isotope testing results to come back? It has been almost a year. I have not seen anything in the Vegas media about results being released publicly.

DaisyChains, Akoya and spike like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I can't find how long the actual testing takes? But I know that getting back results of DNA varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, depending on the backlog.

9. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

Over one year later after last post, and we're STILL waiting for the isotopes! :eek:

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, @The Coffeenator ! Loving your name.
    Hard to believe they don't have the results back yet. Crazy. Hopefully they do, they just haven't released them publicly?

11. The Coffeenator

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I guess anything is possible, but LE has been generous with sharing their information in the past, so I don't see any reason why they would withheld the isotope results now.

It's been over two years. LORDY. By this point, I firmly believe if one of the genealogy organizations, like the DNA Doe Project or Parabon Nanolabs, took on the case, it would be solved before the isotopes came back, ironically enough.

12. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I believe the DNA Doe Project is aware of Arroyo. They have a list of cases they are considering as funding allows, and Arroyo's case is apparently on their list.

spike, DaisyChains, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  13. Kimster

:welcome:. @The Coffeenator !

Great to have you here!

DaisyChains and The Coffeenator like this.
  14. Advocate

Yes she's on their list but it's up to LE to reach out to them I believe. They're not hurting for cases.

I've heard a few things about Parabond that make me feel DDP is the better choice. Para onds output file can only be uploaded to Genesis from what I heard, not GEDmatch the larger site

15. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Doe Network is back up and running. Arroyo is one of those updated on the site. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/258ufnv.html Not sure what was updated, but now it states police reopened her case in 2015 and DNA was take in 2016. It also looks like they have added a height range from 5 ft to 5 ft 4 inches. Before , she was listed as 5'2". More info about her dental work seems to be added as well, that the unique suture she had was being used to straighten a tooth.

16. The Coffeenator

But no news on her isotopes, I suppose? Are we approaching three years waiting now? :bored:

Heathebee, Kimster and Sunburst like this.
  17. Heathebee

Heathebee Eeep

In March of 2016 (or close to it) it was being looked into that Linda Pagano was actually likely the Strongsville Jane Doe. Carl K did a new facial reconstruction that was almost spot on too. I don't recall exactly when, but I think it was last summer 2018, it was confirmed that she was the set of bones found close to where she disappeared out of OH. It isn't Arroyo. . but at least one of our gals has her name back.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...b75-linda-pagano.270240/page-19#post-14210055

Kimster likes this.
  18. Heathebee

Heathebee Eeep

So from what I've been reading, it sounds like the gap between the teeth (7 and 8 markered on the dental scans) was thought to have been a post mortem injury, or possibly occured during the struggle/beating. That kind of opens up a larger window of who we could potentially be looking into. There were a few I felt were strong candidates but without a match up of dental and such it is hard to determine. Partly glad Kimberly Doss was ruled out on this one but there are a few others still that I am waiting to see if they wind up on that rule out. Does anyone have a more updated list? or are we stuck at this time.

Kimster likes this.
  19. Kimster

:welcome: @Heathebee ! Great to have you here!

Here's her exclusions as of today:

MP2493

Tracy

King

07/08/1975

Adams

PA
    MP6391

Angela

Meeker

07/07/1979

Pierce