1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NV ARROYO GRANDE JANE DOE: WF, 14-25, found near Henderson, NV - Oct 1980 - "S" tattoo *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Kimster, May 28, 2015.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Found it. Arroyo had pierced ears.

Kimster, spike and DaisyChains like this.
  2. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

3. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Katherine Anderson was ruled out based on dentals. I sent her in over a year ago. IDK why she was never listed as ruled out on Namus.

4. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Tammy Akers has been ruled out-she is on NAMUS as ruled out.

5. DaisyChains

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    patsella likes this.
  6. DaisyChains

If that X-ray was taken from
    Inside of AGJDs skull looking up then that would put her gap on the same side as Diana Ladene Munyon. It looks very similar to me. Yet another thing to make me think it might be her.

If not from that angle and the gap was on Arroyo Grande Jane Doe's right side of her mouth then it's probably not Diana.

Attached Files:

spike likes this.
  7. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Here is a missing Canadian from 1972 : Patricia Salamandyk disappeared at age 16. from Spruce Grove, Alberta. No eye color,height , weight, hair color listed.
    The RCMP is taking a second look at the case and is asking for the public's help. Patricia's sister is trying to find out what happened to her.

From the sprucegrove link below:
    "Gross went to the RCMP again in the fall of 1978 and asked them to re-open the case.

“I thought there was some new hope with some of the TV shows I was seeing about missing persons,” she said.

The RCMP did another thorough investigation, including working with INTERPOL, and determined that Salamandyk did not marry, get a job, die, or leave the country legally."

On another site it was mentioned that the Eagles/Jethro Tull were playing a joint concert near Spruce Grove and some posters on that site thought Patricia may have joined the band groupies or rock fans and travelled to the U. S. Interesting also is the RCMP believes she did not leave the country (Canada) "legally ". (BBM)
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/salamandyk_patricia_janice.html [​IMG]
    http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2...persons-case-1972-patricia-janice-salamandyk/

http://www.draytonvalleywesternrevi...quest-help-in-historical-missing-persons-case
    http://www.sprucegroveexaminer.com/2015/07/17/looking-for-patricia-salamandyk-40-years-later

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    GarAndMo49, Kimster and spike like this.
  8. DaisyChains

Often have wondered about Michelle, but I'm sure I'd get the standard response that her DNA is submitted so she is an auto rule out. Ugh. It would be nice if she would still be listed on the rule outs IF there has been an auto rule out. Idk it's just strange... She is a dancer at 17 and is last seen leaving with a couple in a Cadillac in the summer of 1979. I worry about what that couple did with her. If they took her far away and held her captive or something.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6435

Attached Files:

patsella, Kimster and spike like this.
  9. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Submitted to Clark County Coroner the following 3 MPs as possible matches to Arroyo Grande Jane Doe.

Christine Markham from Scunthorpe/Humberside, England, missing since 1973 age 9.

Elaine Johnson from Cronulla, Sydney, Australia missing since February 1980 age 17.

Patricia Salamandyck of Spruce Grove, Canada missing since June 1972
    Patricia has been mentioned on other threads as also being a possible match for Buckskin Girl found in Ohio.

Daisychains, did you submit Selinda?

DaisyChains, Kimster and spike like this.
  10. DaisyChains

I don't believe I submitted Selinda yet. Would you like me to do so?

Kimster and spike like this.
  11. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Yes please do. I will be home sick from work again tomorrow.

Kimster and spike like this.
  12. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Feel better! :hug:

Sunburst and spike like this.
  13. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

I had been wondering what MP Joanna Jenkins looked like-finally found her high school senior picture on another site in a thread for an Ohio UID. The photo is most likely from 1972, when Joanna would have been 17/18 years old. Joanna has no picture on NAMUS on her page.

Joanna's NAMUS height is a little shorter (60 inches) than Arroyo's listed height. Joanna's hair is listed as "blonde/strawberry"; eyes listed as blue. Joanna and her BF disappeared from Ohio in November 1977, when Joanna was 23. The two disappeared shortly after they had both been arrested for robbery. The newspaper article says that a witness claimed " a man Joanna was dating confessed to killing her and throwing her body down a well" but the UID found in the well being discussed is still UID. Granted, there are hundreds of other wells.

Due to the angle of Joanna's photo, I can't really tell if Joanna has a gap in her teeth like Arroyo- can anyone else? What catches my attention is Joanna's nose shape and her eyebrows compared to Arroyo.

Possible scenario: Joanna and her BF take off cross country after they are arrested. They plan to live in California or somewhere out West, far from Ohio-(remember those robbery charges they fled from) and get into a major fight a few years after they arrive. BF kills her and dumps her body in Henderson.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2005/nov/27/sheriff-lacks-resources-to-reopen-case/
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23572/22

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  14. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Joanna's photo sent to her NamUs case worker Amy Dobbs.

15. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Please submit Selinda.

spike and DaisyChains like this.
  16. DaisyChains

got a newspapers.com account and am researching missing girls in NV in 1980. here is one that interests me. I still have more research to do. This girl Jodi Fredericks looks a lot like AGJD. She was a frequent runaway, but was too friendly to strangers. last seen on a motorcycle with a guy. Checking now to see if she is in the rule outs and if not im sending her in first thing tomorrow. one clipping is a real crap report about how she was believed to have been sighted and was "safe". wth how is a 13 year old girl on the streets alone ever safe? the clipping was in august which mean that last sighting of her would have been about a month give or take before AGJD was found.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    spike and Sunburst like this.
  17. DaisyChains

is anyone here savvy with tracking down the family members of missing persons? I cannot seem to find any other follow up or articles about Jodi Fredricks other than the two above. I am interested in contacting her family members to see what ever happened to her. Did she ever return to Connecticut or after the sighting of her in Reno did they just pass off that she was not at risk b/c the detective said she was "safe"? I'd hate to think they just gave up on her like that. Just assumed she was ok and didn't want to try and fight to get her back. Or you worry that maybe she was running from an abusive family (hey even the abusive ones file missing persons reports).

looking at them side by side now not so similar imho, but still im gonna look into Jodi.

Attached Files:

spike likes this.
  18. spike

spike Bronze Member

Maybe just me, but I can see similarities.
    Nose and hair especially...thin, curly hair.
    Chin seems different but hard to say since when we smile, the lines of our chins change. imo

DaisyChains likes this.
  19. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

20. DaisyChains

Kimster, Advocate and spike like this.