1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NV ARROYO GRANDE JANE DOE: WF, 14-25, found near Henderson, NV - Oct 1980 - "S" tattoo *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by Kimster, May 28, 2015.

1. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

You're a gem too! Great idea searching papers, that's what my team used to do for Cali/ Tammy Jo Alexander. One of the gals had found a bunch of runaway clippings. Then we had to figure out if they went back.

Kimster, spike and DaisyChains like this.
  2. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

yeah now that i have a newspapers.com account finally feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can't find whatever you are trying to find. I'm sure you have a newspapers account or access to one, but if not you know where I am at :)

3. Advocate

No, I've always wanted to search papers but just don't have time. I'm really behind from appointments the last few weeks.
    One that we were trying to find is old articles from when Walker County Jane Doe was found because there is a discrepancy in her clothing now. Thread link

Clothing -
    recent article that is tagged as having their information provided by the Walker County Sheriff's department:
    http://walker.countynewstoday.com/front-page-slider/1980-murder-case-still-an-open-investigation/

New - Yellow pullover shirt
    Dirty white colored knit sweater with big pockets, length past the waist line

From Porch light Dec 23, 2006 - 09:04 AM East Texas Today magazine - Whose Child is This? - by Michael L. Hargraves
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=6658
    She had been wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and she was carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand.

4. Advocate

Question list by @Winterlong

1. Was it determined whether she had given birth?
    2. Did the blows to the head, or the stab wounds come first?
    3. What was her blood type?
    4. Was a toxicology report completed? If so, what were the results?
    5. Did she have tan lines, or a sunburn?
    6. Were her legs and underarms shaven?
    7. How old was her tattoo estimated to have been?
    8. What were her stomach contents?
    9. What condition were her hands in (smooth, calloused, dirty fingernails, etc.)
    10. Had she engaged in sexual activity shortly before she died? Rape didn't occur, but consensual activity?
    11. Is there any chance of isotope analysis?
    12. How old did her fingernail polish look to be? Was it freshly painted, faded?
    13. What condition were her feet in?
    14. Is there any chance of getting DNA left by her killer?
    15. Had she performed oral sex on someone before dying?

GarAndMo49, DaisyChains and spike like this.
  5. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Bumping

spike likes this.
  6. Advocate

Links in bold

I want to post an update since Cynthia Louise Putnam has been mentioned here. I texted Sunburst last night to let her know. Last night a friend of mine informed me that the Mystery in Allenstown, NH blog found a Cynthia Louise Putnam in NC that was deceased in 1974. I wasn't able to get online to read it until now. All anyone has to do is google now.

Relatives got Cynthia in NamUs. I'm not sure if her profile was ever public yet or not. Someone said her profile was online and is off line now. I've never seen it, I did check, it's not there now. As everyone knows, NamUs will run her social and do a few other things to satisfy that she is in fact missing.

Not long after the relatives got Cynthia in NamUs, the blogger was searching through indexes of the deceased and found entries dated March 19, 1974 for a Cynthia Louise Putnam born in Mass. They then found news articles about what happened. This Cynthia was listed as being 19 when she passed away.

They notified Cynthia's family in VT at the beginning of August as they knew that their Cynthia was also born in MA. They then hoped that authorities and NamUs would find a way to confirm (or rule-out) the Cynthia they found as being their Cynthia for the sake of the family.

I posted on the City-Data thread a few hours ago to see if this is their Cynthia and to offer condolences. This was not the outcome that I thought they were going to get. I honestly thought she was living her life which has happened in other cases of missing teens back then. My heart breaks. I'm praying that this isn't their Cynthia. If it is, I hope they have an attorney for a lawsuit because they were never notified that their minor daughter had passed away. If this is their Cynthia, she would have turned 17 2 days before she passed away. I guess she told her boyfriend that she was 18 when she met him. In the March 21, 1974 article it says they had found a letter she had written to Massachusetts Bureau of Vital Statistics that was returned to her, she had requested her birth certificate. It doesn't say why it was returned to her.

Mystery in Allenstown, NH - Cynthia Louise Putnam

I'm not seeing Cynthia Putnam passing away in NC in 1974 on find a grave

Sunburst and spike like this.
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://news3lv.com/news/local/can-you-identify-this-woman-in-a-cold-murder-case-01-19-2016

[​IMG]

For now, all we know is she was a white woman, 14-25 years old with brown hair and blue eyes, standing 5'2" tall. We are also learning an "S" was roughly carved into her right forearm. It could have been a homemade tattoo representing someone's initial, showing branding or ownership.

"That could stand for a slave, possibly a victim of a motorcycle gang, or a serial killer," said Rebel J. Morris, the Executive Director of Can You Identify Me?

patsella, Akoya and spike like this.
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1114321/1
    [​IMG]

• Date Found
      • Oct 5, 1980
      • Location Found
      • Henderson, NV
      • Estimated Age
      • Sex
      • Female
      • Race
      • White
      • Hair Color
      • Brown
      • Eye Color
      • Blue
      • Estimated Height
      • 5'2"
      • Estimated Weight
      • 103 lbs
    On October 5, 1980, the body of an unidentified white female was found just south of Route 146, west of Arroyo Grande in Henderson, Nevada. It is believed she had been deceased for less than 24 hours prior to the discovery of her body. She had light brownish-blonde shoulder-length hair and pierced ears. She had a small tattoo on her right forearm. The tattoo was blue, approximately ½” x ¼”, and appeared to be homemade. She was wearing silver colored fingernail polish and had a vaccination scar on her left bicep. She had a gap between two teeth on the upper right side of her mouth. The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what the Jane Doe may have looked like. Anyone with information should contact the Clark County Coroner’s Office, reference case number 80-01221 or the Henderson Police Department, reference case number 80-3937.

patsella, Akoya and spike like this.
  9. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Akoya and spike like this.
  10. RenoGirl

RenoGirl New Member

11. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

12. Advocate

13. Kimster

Sunburst and spike like this.
  14. DaisyChains

Could S have stood for Sharon Smith? She went missing from Maine, but was involved in some nefarious activities statewide. also was a stripper and waitress at a hotel bar and who knows perhaps she was kidnapped by a drifter who stayed at the hotel and her body left in another state (connection to NV hotel and dancing/sex industry maybe?) Missing since aug 25 1980. Theories run the gamut that she was killed by a jealous boyfriend to she was murdered when gun running.

she has a scary resembelence to Arroyo Grande Jane Doe imho

@Sunburst or @Advocate if you want to send this potential match to Tiffany go ahead. I'll mail her though if you guys don't want to i totally understand.

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/07/...tives-recall-bangor-woman-missing-since-1980/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  15. DaisyChains

16. DaisyChains

i couldn't take it. just messaged Tiffany the info. We will see. :sneaking:

Kimster, Sunburst and spike like this.
  17. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Arroyo was featured on the 10 p.m. news last night on a local Las Vegas station. A link to the station's website and the article are posted below. I copy /pasted a small bit of the article.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/33708261/jane-arroyo-grande-does-identity-key-in-solving-her-killing

"He believes Jane was not homeless because of sophisticated dental work she had done called a suture.

“Some dentist or orthodontist out there in 1980 put that in her tooth,” Ebert points out.

Jane Arroyo Grande description:

Auburn or brown shoulder-length hair;
    • 5’2", 103 to 110 pounds;
    • Had wisdom teeth and dental fillings in some of her teeth;
    • Was found with earrings, and silver painted nails;
    • Had a tattoo on the inside of her upper right arm. Detectives believe this was done relatively close to the day she died."

Just MOO, but I really wish there was some way Arroyo Jane 's and other UID dental work could be presented at national dental conventions..... somewhere a dentist is going to recognize their work on a patient's mouth.

18. Kimster

That's a great idea! I'm sure my dentist would recognize my dental work ANYWHERE! Seriously! I've had some unique issues.

patsella, Advocate, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  19. spike

spike Bronze Member

So we are all "works of art" with signature
    craft in our mouths! Kewel!

20. Advocate