1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR ASHLAND JOHN DOE: M, 1-2, found in Keene Creek Reservoir in OR - July 1963 - Possible Down Syndrome

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 13, 2015.

1. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I'll check ancestry for uridel in oregon born about 1910, would that be about right?

Edited to add info:

I found her husband and her (the Uridel you found at FindAGrave) in the 1949 census.
    I don't think I can post the actual census, but I will list some info in a separate post.

Advocate, DaisyChains and Sunburst like this.
  2. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Arch C Uridel 33
    Winifred S Uridel 27

Thomas V Uridel 0
    Gertrude T Schland 56
    William F Schland 63
    Shirley L Schland 18

Living in Phoenix, Jackson County, Oregon .
    Were living in Nebraska in 1935.
    1940 is the latest census available to the public.
    He is a service station attendant and she is not working outside the home.
    The other people is her child and her parents and sister.

I checked city directories and could find them in several issues. There was no listing of her vocation but he worked for a snow cat company.
    Then I found her in a 1959 directory and it lists her as case worker, county welfare. I think this may very well be who you were looking for.

The residence is listed as Medford, Oregon.

Hope this info helps.
    In her family tree it lists her as having 2 chidren, but they are private (still living possibly), so I can't
    get any info on them.

Mods, if any of this info is not allowed, please delete.. thanks!

DaisyChains and Sunburst like this.
  3. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

So the Johnson connection won't pan out. Turns out Pee Wee, the boy they fostered, is thankfully alive and well! :)

http://m.mailtribune.com/article/20080811/NEWS/808110305

So now to start from scratch. Hm.

I am thankful btw that an advocate reached out to me on Ashland John Doe's FB page and clarified so much. The info can be found on the latest posts comments.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    patsella, spike, Advocate and 3 others like this.
  4. DaisyChains

Btw @patsella thanks for tracking that info down on the Uridels. You rule!

5. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

So happy he is alive and well .

spike, Advocate and DaisyChains like this.
  6. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Those iron assayer molds....did Oregon or Idaho or WA have any metal mines like gold silver copper operating before 1960? Lots of mines in NV then and now... I am thinking those molds were made of cast iron, which was standard material for molds. When i googled, most sites said that assayers molds had a conical shaped depression in the mold. Glad Mrs U. was exactly who she said she was.

spike, Advocate and DaisyChains like this.
  7. DaisyChains

spike and Advocate like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

There was definitely lots of mining in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington beginning in the 1800s. Both gold and silver for sure. Huge silver mining in north Idaho. From my very quick Google search just now, it looks like most of the Oregon mining was done in the northeast and southwest parts of the state. (Ashland is southwest.) I actually found this cool map - http://www.oregongeology.org/sub/milo/map-minemaps.htm Shows quite a few mines in that area. Could probably find that stuff laying around if you looked in the right places.

patsella, spike, Advocate and 2 others like this.
  9. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Carl said he doesn't think the current recons look bad

10. DaisyChains

wait are there artist renderings now other than the computerized one that measured the skull etc. and came up with a digital recon?

spike likes this.
  11. Advocate

No; just the lifeless digital one. I tried. Wish I knew someone else. He's busy now; has to choose what he's doing.

spike and DaisyChains like this.
  12. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Any colleges near you that have a professor who teaches a digital computer class-maybe for students as a class project/assignment to create a more lifelike recon?

spike and DaisyChains like this.
  13. Advocate

Closest one is 30 mins; I don't have the time to drive or call. I have calls to make for myself; just never happens lol

spike, DaisyChains and Kimster like this.
  14. DaisyChains

spike likes this.
  15. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

Pinging this post. I am currently looking to take on another case in Oregon as I await word on the Cave Junction Jane Doe. I've been doing some homework on this case and seems like it could be quite the challenge. If he was born to young parents, it could mean they are still alive. If not, it will pose a very extensive challenge that will require tons of effort from people around the Northwest within a certain range. Based on the clothing, I understand the boy had shoes on that were sold at a retailer from Medford so this COULD signify he lived in the area, not just Medford.

The following cities would be a good place to start the search: Ashland, Central Point, Jacksonville, Phoenix, Talent and maybe even go as far as Yreka and/or Grants Pass (Grants Pass residents considered Medford the big city then considering the shops available there).

I am going to attempt to put a case file together. I am also certain putting posters up around businesses and restaurants would be a good idea as well. But definitely not on a milk carton. We all saw how well that went! (nightmares for days! lol)

16. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

With his DNA on file, there's a good chance his family might be found, but his parents might be in their 80s.

spike and Jason Futch like this.
  17. Jason Futch

Yes this is what I hope for; that some link can be made to at least A family in the area or in the United States. I am working on compiling a profile on the case. I am going to be in Ashland tomorrow for 3 days. Hoping I can get an opportunity to do on site research considering the amount of down time I will have in Ashland. If not, I am already planning a visit in the fall to meet with investigators and see what has and has not been done yet.

Question: Could isotope testing be done on the remains considering the fact the body was in water for a long period of time?

Kimster and spike like this.
  18. Advocate

I don't think being in the water would affect the results of isotope testing on his bones, teeth or hair. If you're thinking pollen testing, I don't know if there would be usable pollen after being in water. They can reach out to NCMEC to ask about testing

Kimster, Jason Futch and spike like this.
  19. Jason Futch

I definitely meant Isotope testing because I am certain doing such a test would help in understanding where exactly this Baby Doe was from. The clothing alone summed up they were from the Southern Oregon area because of the clothing found on the boy.

I'm thinking about emailing the JCSO this evening to see if Isotope testing came across their minds. This would be a good idea I think.

Kimster and spike like this.
  20. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Our county just started sending in for the isotope testing in recent years. I'm so thankful it's being used in rural areas! I've only heard good things about JCSO, so I'm hopeful they'll be happy to hear from you!

spike likes this.