1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR ASHLAND JOHN DOE: M, 1-2, found in Keene Creek Reservoir in OR - July 1963 - Possible Down Syndrome

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

Well I spoke with Det. Faygan (for some reason CW won't let me spell his last name correctly) with JCSO, who is now retired, last week around this time. According to his sources and what they discovered, the Keene Creek Boy was more than likely a natural death case; however the parents felt as though they could have gotten in trouble for his death or may have not had funds to give their child a proper burial.

What I also learned, following up on that last line, that it was typical for families in the Rogue Valley, in particular the Jackson, Josephine and Klamath County areas, unofficial burials were a common thing for poor families in the rural areas because a mortuary or MedEx office was not within reach. And it would also take an x amount of time for law enforcement or a doctor to come out to the rural areas until highways sand technology improved.

At this time, they aren't looking for a suspect, but for a potential family member out there able to collect the remains for a proper burial.

@Kimster, I ran an idea by @DaisyChains and I'll message you about it in a bit! I think it will be an awesome adventure!

Akoya, spike and Kimster like this.
  2. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Why did you think they couldn't do isotope testing? Is it on their list? They can reach out to NCMEC to find out about testing or the Smithsonian

spike likes this.
  3. Jason Futch

I don't think I ever said they couldn't; I just think that the investigators were unaware of the technology and I am still trying to understand Isotope testing myself, which is why I asked if it could still be done considering the child was in water for a long time. However, speaking with the former detective on the case confirmed that. He said that it was not something used at the time the body was exhumed in 2008 and that it was the last thing in their minds. But he also feels because of the exhumation, it would be too late to do Isotope testing and that the county just wants the boy to rest, and that they probably would not entertain another exhumation to do a simple Isotope test.

Hopefully we weren't on the wrong page, @Advocate!

Akoya and spike like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Little guy was found 54 years ago today. :(

Akoya, Kimster and spike like this.
  5. Jason Futch

@Advocate please accept my apologies lol....I literally re-read everything I wrote, and I must have been pretty tired lol. Certainly they could still do Isotope testing on the boy. I probably did mean pollen test; but there probably isn't any pollen.

I am revisiting the case and am building a personal file on the boy and am examining a tip DaisyChains and I received a few months ago. I will probably be reaching out to JCSO in the coming weeks to see if there are other public reports available.

Akoya and spike like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kimster, Akoya, spike and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jason Futch

Hey thanks for sharing that. I found it on a website today and snatched it up and uploaded it to the page. I am one of the admins on the Ashland John Doe case along with DaisyChains. Getting ready to create a timeline for this case and will soon be requesting docs from JCSO on this case.

8. Jason Futch

The new Law Enforcement Contact for this case is Sgt. Scott Waldron of the Jackson County Sheriffs Office. He can be reached at 541-774-6800 #0. Ask the operator to speak with him in regards to the "Keene Creek Boy".

9. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Always happy to help if I can.
    BTW the census is 1940. Typo on my part, apologies I didn't catch it sooner.

spike, Kimster and Akoya like this.
  10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I was going to say they missed their opportunity with Mrs. Johnson a LONG time ago. She voiced Her concerns and gave information. My big question is WHO is the 14 Yr Old?! And WHO got Her Pregnant?!!!! I think that would probably give the answer. One fact that really disturbs Me is, He was "Wrapped in a Handmade Quilt". Making it seem very Personal. Poor Boy never even made it out of Diapers.

Jason Futch likes this.
  11. SteveInOregon

SteveInOregon I'm in the foreground

I just started following this case. I live in southern Oregon and bicycle past Keen Creek Lake often and I was born in 63 so this is eerily and sadly close to me in more ways than one.

I didn't know that the FB page for Baby Doe Ashland was connected to this forum until after I posted on the FB page a today.

Anyways, how do You kind folks know that mysterious unfriendly social worker names Mrs Uridel , how do You know it was actually spelled Uridel ?

Did You try Irridel, Yoradel, any and all of about a dozen or so combinations of the phonetics?
    regards
    Steve

Jason Futch and Kimster like this.
  12. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I just saw this! Have you been to that area where he was found? Do any of the local say anything about it now? I talked to the locals about a couple of does here in the Willamette Valley and no one knew anything about them! And :welcome:

Jason Futch likes this.
  13. Jason Futch

Hey Steve, so me and my friend/POC Daiseychains have been researching this case the last couple of years, and we have everything based on reports given to law enforcement.

I believe that they were able to find Ms. Uridel’s name in documents and also helps is that Uridel is a common name in the Medford area.

Welcome to CW, and if there is anything else you’d like to know, shoot a post on here!

Mel70 and Kimster like this.
  14. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I was curious if where my good friend Jeff lives. Nope. 3 Hrs. He lives in "Christmas Valley, Or". It sounds nice...But it isn't. AT ALL WHATSOEVER! GEEZ. LOL!

Jason Futch likes this.
  15. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thanks for your information "Steve" it helps when someone is from a certain area. They know the area heart and mind. And can get a feel no one else can.

Jason Futch likes this.
  16. Jason Futch

Whaaaaaa? Christmas Valley is amazing!

17. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Then YOU ARE DELUSIONAL! LOL

Jason Futch likes this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Another year with no ID. 56 years today. :(
    (July 11 is the date with NCMEC. July 23 is the date with NamUs.)

[​IMG]

Jason Futch likes this.