1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OH ASHLEY SUMMERS: Missing from Cleveland, OH - 9 July 2007 - Age 14

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Link to Ashley's Disappeared Episode.

Akoya, spike and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Just finished watching Ashley's episode. Such a sad case with so many promising leads. For her to not be in Castro's house with the other 3 must have been crushing for her family. And that ATM photo that resembled her soooo closely. Someone must know something. :(

Akoya, spike and Scorpio like this.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

I feel Ashley was the victim of human trafficking. The change in appearance (short blonde hair) four months after she disappeared, also the phone call to her mother a month after her disappearance all seemed like red flags to me.

Ashley's mother stated the phone call was very short, she just said ''It's me Mum I'm okay, don't worry'' it was so quick she didn't get to say anything back because Ashley had already hung up. I think Ashley might have been forced to make the call.

4. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I watched her case from the disappeared I D series last night and I still cannot get over Ariel Castro those poor girls but still no Ashley when she didn't turn up in that house I got a real bad sinking feeling that she is not alive whether she was a victim to Ariel Castro or someone we don't know about yet I just wish for the family's sake they could find her regardless of what condition she's in these people loved her so much and they still have no closure

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2018...and-girl-may-have-been-last-seen-in-2007.html

Investigators seeking tips on two additional locations missing Cleveland girl may have been last seen in 2007

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Investigators have expanded their search for a missing Cleveland girl to focus on two areas where she may have last been seen in 2007.

Ashley Summers was 14 years old when she went missing July 9, 2007. Police said at the time that she was last seen at her home on West 96th Street near Madison Avenue.

Investigators are now seeking information related to two more areas she may have been seen: Holmden Avenue near West 14th Street, and West 44th Street near Marvin Avenue, the FBI said Wednesday in a news release. Ashley’s step-grandmother told cleveland.com in 2014 that Ashley ran away from a relative’s home on Holmden Avenue.

Investigators from the FBI – including its Violent Crimes Task Force and Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team – the Cleveland police department, and the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation are conducting additional interviews this week. They are contacted individuals who knew Ashley or may have had contract with her before she disappeared.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

FBI looking behind Cleveland home in investigation into Ashley Summers’ disappearance

The Cleveland Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation are on Holmden Avenue investigating the disappearance of Ashley Summers, the FOX 8 I-Team learned.

The FBI and police are looking behind a home on that street in connection with her disappearance. Ashley frequently spent time at the home with relatives. The people who live in the house now have nothing to do with the case but they are cooperating with authorities.

https://fox8.com/2018/11/08/fbi-kno...estigation-into-ashley-summers-disappearance/

Kimster likes this.
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/l...ashley-summers-charged-with-rape/95-620903341

Uncle of missing teen Ashley Summers charged with rape

On Tuesday, the uncle who was watching 14-year-old Ashley Summers at the time she went missing was charged with rape.

There may be a new piece to the puzzle when it comes to the mysterious disappearance of a Cleveland girl more than 10 years ago. On Tuesday, the uncle who was watching 14-year-old Ashley Summers at the time she went missing was charged with rape.

Though there is no known connection between the charges and her disappearance, it comes just weeks after FBI agents went digging in the yard of the home they once shared on Holden Avenue.

Kevin Donathan, Ashley’s uncle, pleaded not guilty to charges of rape, attempted rape, and gross sexual imposition Tuesday. A relative tells Channel 3 News his name came up when agents recently re-interviewed them, however, he has not been named a suspect.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.