1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL AUTUMN McCLURE: Missing from Ormond Beach, FL - 10 May 2004 - Age 16

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by Scorpio, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018
    kdg411, Kimster, KareBear and 3 others like this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://charleyproject.org/case/autumn-lane-mcclure

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Missing Since 05/10/2004
    • Missing From Ormond Beach, Florida
    • Classification Endangered Runaway
    • Date of Birth 12/04/1987 (30)
    • Age 16 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'4, 115 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Autumn has a red birthmark on her right forearm.
    Details of Disappearance
    Autumn disappeared from Ormond Beach, Florida on May 10, 2004. She was last seen when a friend dropped her off at the Volusia Mall. Authorities believe she left of her own accord.

Autumn's grandmother still lives in the area and hopes she will be found. Few details are available in her case.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...am-county-girl-misty-croslin-haleigh-cummings

Autumn McClure: Billboard focuses on teen who vanished
    January 31, 2014|By Kevin P. Connolly, Orlando Sentinel

Nearly a decade ago, a friend dropped off Autumn McClure at a Daytona Beach-area shopping mall. What happened to the 16-year-old after her trip to the Volusia Mall remains a mystery.

Now motorists on Interstate 4 are being asked to help find her — at least for a few more days.

Images of McClure — both an actual one of her as a child and a computer-generated one of her as a young woman — recently appeared on a billboard in Seminole County facing westbound drivers on I-4.

Billboard companies donate space for missing-children displays when there are breaks between paying customers, said Joe Little, vice president of governmental affairs for the Southeast for CBS Outdoor, the billboard's owner.

There have not been any new developments in her case or any specific reason to highlight it other than space was available and the billboard is located in the region linked to her case, Little and officials said.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Florida Outdoor Advertising Association work together to distribute missing-children information to billboard companies, which then puts them on display on areas that make sense when space is available.

In this case, McClure's information went up Jan. 27 and will come down Feb. 7, Little said. The billboard displays an age-progressed image of McClure that was developed by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in 2012.

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office, which is in charge of the missing-person case, showed that image to McClure's grandmother before it was made public, said spokesman Gary Davidson.

The grandmother, who lives in Volusia County, was asked to review it to make sure that she felt comfortable that it was a good likeness of Autumn and to get her approval for the picture's release, Davidson said.

"We did get a few tips and suspected sightings since then, but none of them panned out," Davidson said in an email. Additional details about the case were not available. Efforts to reach McClure's relatives were not successful.

She has been missing since May 10, 2004. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, based in Alexandria, Va., also features missing-person bulletins on its website. The one of McClure urges viewers to "help bring me home."

"Autumn has a red birthmark on her right forearm,'' the bulletin says.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Autumn disappeared from Ormond Beach, Florida on May 10, 2004. She was last seen when a friend dropped her off at the Volusia Mall.

6. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

I was friends with her in middle school... Unfortunately, like many others, our middle school circle of friends grew distant once we entered high school. It's so sad that she has been missing for so long.. :vigil:I think about her often and continue to search all available outlets hoping to one day discover her whereabouts or what happend to her.. She was a super sweet girl and very smart (I remember her being in honors classes). I also remember that she had a twin brother but I only 'knew of' him.. I didn't 'know' him.

Its disheartening that many of our classmates, myself included, who attended the the same homeschool as her when she went missing, didn't even know she was missing until 2014 when the I-4 billboard was posted. I wish they would have generated more awareness at the time.. maybe things would have turned out different...:dunno:
    I pray she is okay wherever she is and that she will be found soon :praying:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  7. KareBear

Correction "Homeschool" should say "high school"

kdg411, Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm so sorry, @KareBear :( Have you considered putting up fliers in the area to help raise awareness?

KareBear, kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  9. KareBear

I moved away from the area a few years back... I have spread the word among my old middle and high school friends via Facebook, many of which still live in the area.

kdg411, Kimster and Whatsnext like this.
  10. Kimster

Great! :thankyou:

kdg411 and KareBear like this.
  11. KareBear

12. KareBear

A closer look at Autumn's unique birthmark:

Screenshot_20191123-161400_Gallery.jpg

Kimster likes this.
  13. Kimster

That would be the perfect way to identify her.

KareBear likes this.