1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NSW BADEN BOND: Missing from NSW - 2007 - Age 22 months

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by MarlyWings, Mar 17, 2016.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

So far I've not found a police report on this poor little bub and at this stage there's only the following media reports.

Police dig Woodridge backyard for missing NSW toddler

March 17 2016 - 6:02PM

Police digging up a backyard south of Brisbane have seized a number of items in the search for a New South Wales toddler who has been missing for nearly a decade.

Police said the items would undergo forensic testing.

A crime scene had been established in Woodridge as officers from the NSW State Crime Command's Homicide Squad work with Queensland detectives in a search for any trace of the boy.

The 22-month-old has not been seen by his immediate relatives since 2007.

It's understood the child began living with extended family in that year, but has not been seen since.

Immediate family is believed to have formally reported him missing in January this year.

Sources close to the investigation told Fairfax Media officers were hopeful of finding some trace of the child.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-for-missing-nsw-toddler-20160317-gnlecw.html

MissyMoo, Kimster, Yoda and 1 other person like this.
  2. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Police find 'bone fragments' while digging up a backyard south of Brisbane in search for 22-month-old boy who vanished in 2007
    • Police probing disappearance of a toddler who went missing in 2007
    • Detectives have dug up backyard of a home in outer-south Brisbane
    • They have seized items which are believed to be bone fragments
    • The 22-month-old boy had reportedly been living with extended family
    17 March 2016

Detectives digging up a backyard in the search for a toddler who has been missing for nearly a decade have seized a number of items which are believed to be bone fragments.

Officers have been at the home in Woodridge, Logan, in outer-south Brisbane, since Thursday morning in the hopes of finding a trace of the boy.

Seven News reported that bone fragments were found in the search of the housing commission property, but police refused to confirm this.

Forensic tests are expected to be carried out on the material uncovered in the investigation.

A family with a number of children reportedly lived at the address in 2007 before relocating to NSW, where authorities were notified that the boy was missing

The home in question is reportedly public housing.

A neighbour said the person living in the home has lost two other children to SIDS, 7 News reported.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3496336/Police-dig-garden-22-month-old-child-disappeared-decade-ago.html#ixzz439tlO8im

MissyMoo and Kimster like this.
  3. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Neighbours in disbelief as police investigate disappearance of toddler missing for nine years

March 17, 2016, 6:30 pm

Police from NSW and Queensland are investigating the mysterious disappearance of a toddler with no record of where he has been for nine years after bone fragments were found at a home near Brisbane.

There have been no records of the 22-month-old boy reported since 2007, but police have started searching a property in Woodridge, where his family once lived.

A government agency reported the child in January, but there is no evidence he is still alive, nor is there any specific information to indicate he is dead.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/311...olice-investigating-a-toddlers-disappearance/

MissyMoo, Lily and Kimster like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I would be in disbelief as well!

MissyMoo, MarlyWings and Lily like this.
  5. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Missing child Baden Bond’s family ‘seeking answers’ as murder investigation continues

March 19, 2016 6:32pm

THE family of a toddler who vanished in 2007 say they are “seeking answers ourselves” about the boy as a possible murder investigation continues.

Police this week set up a crime scene and dug up part of a back yard of a home at Woodridge, south of Brisbane, in their search for the 22-month-old boy.

Police sent away a number of items which are being tested.

The family moved from the Queensland home to NSW a number of years ago and have told Channel 7 they are a “family in crisis” and “unaware of what’s going on” in relation to toddler Baden Bond who would now be aged about 11.

“This is not something funny,” a family member said from the NSW north coast.

“This is serious. We’re all unaware of what’s going on.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s/news-story/54d7b63dcd73ee44a39eea80c2895a48

MissyMoo likes this.
  6. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

What an odd thing to say! Who said it was funny!?!?

MissyMoo likes this.
  7. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

What a terribly sad case. That is an odd thing to say isn't it?

MissyMoo and MarlyWings like this.
  8. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

It sure is a sad case Ima!

Just horrible to think no-one in that family bothered to find out where he was. Or did they all know the little guy was dead and kept quiet about it.

In one of the earlier reports it mentions the family had lost two children to SIDS. I'm sure authorities will be investigating that as well.

I don't know, there just seems to be so many really strange/weird cases these days.

MissyMoo likes this.
  9. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

"The home in question is reportedly public housing"
    "reported that bone fragments were found in the search of the housing commission property"

From above links ^^^^ I think that part of the reporting is un-necessary by media.

MarlyWings likes this.
  10. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

The media likes to embellish quite a lot Missy!

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Toddler allegedly murdered by parents was 'unwanted'

A TODDLER who prosecutors allege was murdered by his parents a decade ago was described as "evil" by his father and "the little c---" by his mother, a court has heard.

In the Supreme Court in Brisbane this afternoon, Justice Sue Brown read from prosecution evidence in which a relative of the couple has told police that Shane Arthur Simpson, 49, father of 22-month-old Baden Bond, said the boy was evil.

https://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/toddler-allegedly-murdered-parents-was-unwanted/3187591/

'I left him there and drove away': Baby abandoned in park to disappear

Born with amphetamine already in his blood, Baden Bond spent 18 months in state care before he was released to parents that did not want him.

These are the allegations laid out in dual charges of murder against his parents, 43-year-old Dina Colleen Bond and Shane Arthur Simpson, 49.

Described by his own mother and father, police allege, as "evil" and a "little c---", Baden lived in a dark room smelling of urine and was abandoned in a park to die less than half a year after coming back home, according to documents included in an affidavit by an Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions legal support supervisor tendered to the court during Ms Bond's unsuccessful bail application on Thursday.

Despite multiple visits by the Department of Child Safety in the months after his presumed death in March or May of that year and a warning to NSW authorities, Baden slipped off the radar.

It would be September 2015 before his absence caught the eye of police investigating an unrelated crime, another four months until he was declared missing and more than a year again before his parents were charged.

Police allege the 22-month-old was subject to "prolific abuse and neglect", hog-tied in a cot, found covered in urine and faeces and bashed by siblings while his mother laughed.

Eventually, on the day of his arrest, Mr Simpson allegedly told police he left his son in a park by the Logan River on an unknown date, believing he would be found by someone else and taken in.

"I came up with this, I don't know, brain spasm I suppose and yeah, I thought, 'oh well' and l went down there and nobody was there and l sat down there for about half an hour with him," he allegedly said, explaining that he did not want the responsibility.

"... He looked at me in a real, how do you put it, like he knew what was going to happen, you know what I mean?

"Like just his facial features, he looked at me and I could see his eyes and ... I just went through with it and I just left him there and drove away and l didn't even look back."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ned-in-park-to-disappear-20170609-gwoi7x.html

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ice addict father who left his baby alone to die on a park bench admits to killing the boy because he was 'tired of caring for him' - as it's revealed it took EIGHT years for police to realise the toddler was missing

A drug addict father whose brain was 'fried on ice' has admitted to killing his 22-month-old son after leaving the boy alone to die on a park bench.

Shane Arthur Simpson pleaded guilty on Monday to the manslaughter of his son Baden Bond in May 2007.

The toddler's mother, Dina Colleen Bond, pleaded guilty to two counts of being an accessory to his manslaughter in Brisbane Supreme Court on Monday.

Baden's body has never been found, and his cause of death is unknown.

Simpson told the court he abandoned the child at a boat ramp near the Logan River at dusk one day in May 2007 because he was 'tired of caring for him'.

In his final moments with the child, Simpson said he sat with his son on a park bench for 15-30 minutes and said sorry.

Then, without turning back once, he drove away.

The court heard Simpson had told police before he left, his son had looked at him 'like he knew what was going to happen', The Courier Mail reported.

'Just his face, if anything, I just went though with it then and drove away,' he had said after his arrest.

'I didn’t even look back in the rear-vision mirror… I’ve had to live with this for 10 years… the look in his eyes I still see, you know.'

Bond was charged with accessory to manslaughter for her efforts in helping to conceal the child's death.

Baby Baden and his siblings were taken into DOCS care after he was born with methamphetamine in his system.

During the course of the trial, the court heard how Simpson and Bond called their son 'the devil's child', and would leave him in a locked bedroom with windows that were painted black.

His nappies were reportedly often left unchanged and visitors were discouraged from going into his room.

MORE: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...son-devils-child-admits-leaving-park-die.html

Whatsnext likes this.
  14. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

This is so sad and infuriating at the same time. Poor baby :vigil:. Didn't know about this case.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Shane Arthur Simpson sentenced to 12 years in jail for manslaughter of toddler son Baden Bond

A drug-addicted father who abandoned his baby son at a boat ramp south of Brisbane has been sentenced to 12 years in jail for manslaughter.

The boy's mother, Dina Colleen Bond, was also sentenced to three years in prison for being an accessory to manslaughter because she covered up the crime.

She was eligible for release from custody on Thursday after serving almost two years in prison.

Simpson will be eligible for parole after serving 80 per cent of his sentence behind bars.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03...r-leaving-toddler-on-logan-boat-ramp/10877234

Kimster and Whatsnext like this.
  16. Canucklady

Canucklady Active Member

Not nearly long enough IMO!!! That's murder, not manslaughter. This kind of lack of justice makes me so angry. This beautiful baby did not ask to be born addicted to drugs to parents who say they didn't want him. (I guess they forgot how birth control works. )
    Anyone who murders a child should be in jail for life!

Kimster likes this.