1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

BELLA BOND (aka Baby Doe): The State of Massachusetts vs. Michael McCarthy *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by ~Lyric~, Jun 30, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Man Suspected of Killing Bella Bond Due in Court
    Michael McCarthy will be arraigned on an indictment charging him with first degree murder for the death of Bella Bond

The man suspected of killing a 2-year-old girl who was dubbed "Baby Doe" after her body washed up on a Boston Harbor island, is due in court Tuesday.

Michael McCarthy will be arraigned on an indictment charging him with first-degree murder for the death of Bella Bond.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Man-Suspected-of-Killing-Bella-Bond-Court-371364491.html

DaisyChains, spike, Advocate and 2 others like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

Pre-Trial Hearing for Man Charged in Bella Bond's Death

The man charged in the death of a little girl whose body was found on Massachusetts' Deer Island last year is expected in court Tuesday.

Michael McCarthy of Quincy will be in Suffolk Superior Court for a pre-trial hearing.
    http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...n-Charged-in-Bella-Bonds-Death-379771681.html

-----
    Man accused of killing Bella Bond returns to court Tuesday

McCarthy will appear in Suffolk Superior Court at 2 p.m.
    http://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...ella-bond-returns-court-tuesday?event=event51

3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

4. walkie-talkie

Joseph Amoroso, Bella Bond's Dad Skips Court, Warrant Issued for His Arrest
    He was arrested Friday on larceny charges in Revere, Massachusetts

The father of Bella Bond failed to show up for his scheduled court appearance on Tuesday and a warrant has now been issued for his arrest.

Joseph Amoroso was arrested Friday on larceny charges in Revere, Massachusetts. He was set to be arraigned on Tuesday in Chelsea District Court but he never showed up.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...-Warrant-Issued-for-His-Arrest-382116801.html

5. walkie-talkie

Mother of Bella Bond to testify against ex-boyfriend

BOSTON —The mother of a deceased 2-year-old girl dubbed Baby Doe after her body was found in a trash bag on Deer Island last year plans to testify at her ex-boyfriend's trial for the killing.

The Boston Globe reports attorney Janice Bassil said Tuesday that Rachelle Bond will testify against Michael McCarthy at his upcoming trial for the murder of Bella Bond.

Both Bond and McCarthy have been charged in connection with the death and will be tried separately.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/mother-of-bella-bond-to-testify-against-exboyfriend/41860870

6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Good. I hope he returns the favor & testifies against her. Despicable people.

7. walkie-talkie

Bella Bond case: Michael McCarthy, Rachelle Bond due back in Suffolk Superior Court

The case of the two people allegedly involved the murder of Bella Bond, the toddler found on Deer Island and initially called "Baby Doe," is back in court on Tuesday.

The case of Michael McCarthy, the man accused of killing her, is scheduled for Suffolk Superior Court at 9 a.m. Rachelle Bond, Bella's mother, is accused of being an accessory after the fact, and her case is also scheduled for the same time.

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston/index.ssf/2016/09/bella_bond_case_michael_mccart_2.html

8. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Oh for goodness sake!
    The mom is concerned that the public has looked at her entire life and what she's done, (and NOT done!). She doesn't think she should be considered an accomplice.

Oh, as far as I'm concerned, her claimed "mental health" issues were probably caused by her own 'voluntary' illegal drug use! :mad:

I guess she considers herself a VICTIM, :rolleyes:

Poor her, NOT!!!!!!

fran

9. walkie-talkie

10. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

February 27 is now the official start date of Rachelle Bonds trial... According to Fox 25 News Boston.

11. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I was just thinking of Bella earlier today. To be honest I probably think of her at least once a week. Justice for this sweet baby :(

Kimster, spike, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  12. spike

spike Bronze Member

:therethere:....sweet angel baby...

13. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

14. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

This plea deal is disgusting.

Takeitfromme, noZme, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  15. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

TRIAL Michael McCarthy

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/bella-bond-murder-trial-opening-statements/

Twitter from the courtroom:

Susan Zalkind‏@susanzalkind 11m11 minutes ago
    We're back after a brief recess. The prosecution calls Bonnie Flynn, the woman who found Bella on Deer Island wrapped in a black plastic bag

1. Christina Hager‏Verified account@HagerWBZ 4m4 minutes ago
      Bonnie Flynn, who found #BabyDoe on beach while walking dog, appears emotionally affected by the memory. Voice breaks into a cry #wbz

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Christina Hager‏Verified account@HagerWBZ 6m6 minutes ago
      "I looked away thinking that it wasn't real". Then "looked down to see if it was real...I looked for somebody to help me." #BabyDoe #wbz

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

3. Christina Hager‏Verified account@HagerWBZ 8m8 minutes ago
      "Flies came out at me". Woman who found #BabyDoe #BellaBond on beach. "I seen 2 legs come out..." #wbz

Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  16. fran

:mad:

Prosecutor: Bella Bond Killer Called Child ‘Demon,’ Threatened To Kill Mother

BOSTON (CBS) — Opening statements were made and testimony began Tuesday morning in the trial of a man accused of killing a two-year-old girl whose image was circulated widely on social media after her body was found washed up on Deer Island in 2015.

Prosecutors say Michael McCarthy threatened to kill the mother of Bella Bond if she told anyone about the girl’s death, and called the girl “a demon”–while the defense claims it was the mother, Rachelle Bond, who killed her.

[​IMG]

n his opening statements, prosecutor David Deakin told the jury that McCarthy and Bond met when they were addicts living on the street, and that Bond was trying to clean up her life until meeting him.

Bond was impressed, Deakin said, with McCarthy’s interest in alternative spirituality and the supernatural.

But Deakin said McCarthy struck Bella one night, and that afterward, she wasn’t moving or breathing. Some time later, Deakin said, McCarthy told Bond to get in the car, and drove to South Boston, where he threw a duffel bag containing Bella’s body into the water.

Prosecutors say that, in the spot where Rachelle said her daughter’s body was dumped, divers found weights that matched the kind found in McCarthy’s father’s office.

“After they parked the car, she realized that he was no longer in the car, and neither was the bag or the weights,” Deakin said. “He came back a short time later empty-handed, and she knew what he had done with her daughter’s body.”

The body of the little girl was found washed ashore in a trash bag on Deer Island by Bonnie Flynn, a Winthrop woman who was walking her dog.

read more .............. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/30/bella-bond-baby-doe-murder-trial-michael-mccarthy/

Kimster, Cousin Dupree, Jay and 2 others like this.
  17. Takeitfromme

Even 2 years later it is so hard to stomach this. And it seems like Rachelle is just gonna be a free lady... It is just.... Ugh I can't even...

fran, Kimster, Jay and 2 others like this.
  18. Takeitfromme

Absolutely it is

Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  19. Takeitfromme

The thought that this man, this monster was "fatherly" to Bella.... It makes ZERO sense... He taught her to blow the heads off monsters in her nightmares....then kills her because they think she is a demon.... I can't even, I have no words.

Cousin Dupree, Paradise and Kimster like this.
  20. fran

'She said you killed Bella bro,' tipster alleges in text message to Michael McCarthy, on trial for first-degree murder

The man who blew open the case for authorities searching for the identity of Baby Bella Bond took the stand Wednesday in the trial of Michael Patrick McCarthy, who is accused of killing the toddler.

McCarthy has pleaded not guilty and his attorney has pointed to the mother, Rachelle Bond, as the likely killer.

Michael Sprinsky, 37, first met McCarthy when they were growing up together in South Boston. Sprinsky was 7 years old at the time, and they stayed friends as they aged into adulthood, both falling into drug addictions and drawing criminal records.

Sprinsky would get to know Rachelle Bond, McCarthy's girlfriend, and her daughter, Bella, since he would periodically stay over Bond's Maxwell Street apartment in Boston, when he wasn't spending nights on the streets or in a shelter.

................................. snip ...............................

He recounted a Tuesday night in September 2015. He spent it at Maxwell Street, and Joseph Amoroso, Bond's ex-boyfriend and Bella's biological father, came by. Amoroso, who had gone to Florida and had returned to Boston, wanted to see Bella.

"When Rachelle and her ex-boyfriend were talking on the porch, I see Mike go to the window," Sprinsky said. As McCarthy peeked out the blinds, he held a baseball bat in his hands, according to Sprinsky.

When Bond returned to the apartment, McCarthy exploded and yelled obscenities at her, Sprinsky said, responding to a Suffolk County prosecutor's questions. "She appeared to me that she wasn't listening to him."

The next morning they set out for Boston Medical Center in McCarthy's small Chevy, because McCarthy had an abscess on his arm. Sprinsky got dropped off at Albany Street as Rachelle Bond and McCarthy continued on to the hospital.

Sprinsky later that day ran into Rachelle at the nearby Cumberland Farms store.

They spoke and parted ways after Rachelle got a phone at a store in the South Bay mall. "She was crying but it didn't seem real to me," Sprinsky said in court.

Sprinsky then texted McCarthy, according to prosecutors.

Rachelle told him everything, Sprinsky said to McCarthy via text message, with McCarthy expressing bewilderment. "She said you killed Bella bro."

Sprinsky added "How the [expletive] could you do that" in another text.

McCarthy didn't respond.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/05/she_said_you_killed_bella_bro.html