1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

BELLA BOND (aka Baby Doe): The State of Massachusetts vs. Michael McCarthy *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by ~Lyric~, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

Watching bits and pieces of the trial today is just gut wrenching. Bella was always around unsavory people including her own mother. Its beyond sad

2. Takeitfromme

And I will add without hesitation or remorse that I have ZERO sympathy or respect for Rachelle. None. Just my opinion.
    Everything about this case from the day the baby was found has outraged me.

spike, fran, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Bond getting time served and 2 yrs probation is reprehensible.

spike, Takeitfromme, Jay and 2 others like this.
  4. Takeitfromme

I just can not believe the picture of her the prosecution tried to paint of her.... Let me find the video and I will share it here.... It made me I'll.

spike, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  5. Takeitfromme

Opening statements and the picture painted of Rachelle by the prosecution.

6. Takeitfromme

When Rachelle testifies I know I'll be mad but I want to hear her testimony and see her face.

7. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Oh dear God, is he the best they've got? What a fairytale. The defense will let rip.

8. Takeitfromme

You should check out her testimony. They aren't done they are resuming with Rachelle on Monday. I'll lost the video. I watched the whole thing.

9. Takeitfromme

Rachelle Bond takes the stand

10. Takeitfromme

I'm sure the defense will tear her apart. Honestly, I do think she will just fall apart I dont really see her lashing out I see her just falling to pieces but I guess we will see what happens.

11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

12. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

"Baby Doe" case: Michael McCarthy found guilty in death of ex's daughter, 2

BOSTON – A man charged with killing his ex-girlfriend's two-year-old daughter whose body washed up on a Boston Harbor beach has been found guilty of second-degree murder.

Michael McCarthy stood accused of killing two-year-old Bella Bond in 2015. The girl's mother Rachelle Bond, who pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the fact for helping McCarthy dispose of her daughter's body, acted as the prosecution's star witness in the trial. Rachelle Bond told jurors that she saw McCarthy punch the girl in the abdomen so hard that she bounced off a bed, and didn't come forward about the crime because she was afraid of McCarthy.

A composite image of the then-unidentified "Baby Doe" was shared by millions on social media after her body was found on Massachusetts' Deer Island in June 2015. The child wasn't identified as Bella Bond until three months later, when Rachelle Bond told McCarthy's friend she had seen McCarthy kill the child, and the friend notified police.

Over the course of the trial, 169 pieces of evidence were introduced, and 34 witnesses testified, reports CBS Boston. The trial lasted for 15 days.

The jury was handed the case after closing arguments Tuesday.

read more http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baby-doe-case-michael-mccarthy-found-guilty-in-death-of-exs-daughter-2/

13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Michael McCarthy sentenced to natural life with possibility of parole after 20 years.

Takeitfromme, fran, spike and 2 others like this.
  14. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:jail:

At least he can't get out for 20 years.

Takeitfromme, fran, spike and 2 others like this.
  15. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

It should have been no possibility of parole.

Takeitfromme, fran, spike and 3 others like this.
  16. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Rachelle Bond, mother of slain 'Baby Doe' Bella Bond, admits to using Suboxone while on probation

In Worcester Superior Court Wednesday, Bond admitted to violating the conditions of her probation after she tested positive for drugs on Aug. 10. Bond lives in the Worcester area.

Probation Officer Luis Aviles said Bond admitted to using Suboxone while she was out on probation for a larceny over $250 charge, the offense she pleaded guilty to in connection with Bella's killing.

[...]

Bond admitted to the violation and agreed to an added condition of probation, which was attending the drug program.

"I've already started three weeks ago," Bond told Judge James G. Reardon Jr.

17. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Hmmm, isn't going into a drug program usually also a condition of one of them is staying clean to begin with? Or does she have to go again?

I will give her the slightest bit of credit for being proactive in already starting the program prior to her court appearance. (I think it's because she is afraid for her life if imprisoned, though)

Cousin Dupree, spike, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  18. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I've never even heard of the drug that she used before. Is it one of those synthetic kind? Scary.

Cousin Dupree, spike and Paradise like this.
  19. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/suboxone

Seems weird out would be on a banner list since it seems to be for treatment for heroine addiction.

Must be because she didn't have authorization (script) and it, itself, is very addictive.

Kimster, Cousin Dupree and spike like this.