1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

BELLA BOND (aka Baby Doe): The State of Massachusetts vs. Michael McCarthy *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by ~Lyric~, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

Boots, Oriah and Kimster like this.
  2. Takeitfromme

3. Takeitfromme

Considered well nourished and cared for up until her death... no obvious signs of trauma... all I can think of is casey Anthony tossing little Caylee away in a garbage bag.... I a getting the same vibe on this....

4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Agreed. :sigh:

Boots likes this.
  5. Takeitfromme

Boots and Kimster like this.
  6. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

"But now, at last, homicide detective Trooper Daniel Herman had something he hoped would narrow the sprawling investigation that had sent investigators scrambling to track down leads from Peru to India to the forests of Brazil:

Pollen.

Sticky and hardy, the pollen that had floated from the flora surrounding Baby Doe in life had clung to her in death, coating her blanket, leggings, and hair. Detectives already suspected that the child had died locally, but where she had lived had remained a mystery.

[​IMG]
    View Gallery
    Who is Baby Doe? Searching for the answer

On that 41st day, the results of the pollen analysis came back. Baby Doe had played among the pines and oaks of New England; she was dusted with traces of privet hedges and cedar-of-Lebanon, which are not native but are often planted in the suburbs. The soot mixed in with the pollen told investigators her surroundings were urban. Somewhere near Boston, they concluded.

A local girl.

A place to start."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:facebook

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Wow! So now they feel she was left close to where she had lived. Interesting. I wonder if she had to stay at home her whole life and hardly anyone ever knew about her?

Boots, Takeitfromme and WindStorm like this.
  8. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I know it takes a long time to get bone tests back to see what isotopes & nutrients, etc, a person ingested, and get a better idea of where a person was from - but, at least they know she spent some time, recently, in the Boston area.

I just can't hardly believe nobody recognizes this little girl! She had to have been kept in a closet or a room or something of that nature.

Boots, Takeitfromme and Kimster like this.
  9. Takeitfromme

Well, I am glad the investigation is making some progress. She needs her name back. I have always felt she was local, but busy places lots of people and people don't pay attention to their surroundings like they should. Someone knows damn well of a little girl in their neighborhood who suddenly isn't around..... Unless she literally was a shut in.

10. Takeitfromme

Boots, Kimster and WindStorm like this.
  11. Takeitfromme

I figured she was a local.... someone better start talkin! :gavel:

Boots likes this.
  12. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Boots likes this.
  13. Takeitfromme

Yes, A little more indepth and a huge twitter presence, facebook, all the news outlets..... I thought the same thing too, I already heard this.. but I guess they can now "officially confirm" the results as saying she is from Boston area and had not been anywhere else...

Boots and WindStorm like this.
  14. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I didn't think I seen anything new in the article. Thought I was missing something :oops:

I did a quick search on Little Doe in St. Louis and found what I was looking for. They exhumed her body last year and performed isotope and mineral analysis of her remains to determine where she drank water as an indication of where she originally was from. I am hoping they do the same testing on Little Boston Doe. I don't know much about pollen testing other than I would think that if you spent even a couple of weeks or months somewhere, you would be covered in pollen from that area. Again, I don't know if that's how it works, but seems reasonable.

Here's the article on LITTLE DOE ST. LOUIS - NOT this Baby Doe...

"Since then, researchers from the University of North Texas and the Smithsonian Institution have examined the child’s remains at the St. Louis Medical Examiner’s Office, testing for DNA as well as for minerals to narrow down the girl’s origins based on the water she drank.

DNA testing confirmed the profile St. Louis experts already had, but the mineral tests, or stable isotope analysis, revealed the child probably spent most of, if not all of, her life in one of 10 southeastern states: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee and the Carolinas."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_36de5a5c-b615-5292-b5aa-abb99a888a6c.html

Boots and Takeitfromme like this.
  15. Takeitfromme

the mineral and isotope testing seems neat... IMO it would be a very valuable test to do in any of these cases... I hope they do the mineral, etc testing too on this lil one

Boots, Kimster and WindStorm like this.
  16. Takeitfromme

17. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

18. Takeitfromme

They are truly doing all they can! This is fantastic.... They sent a single tooth and 200 strands of hair to a lab in Salt Lake City, Utah, called IsoForensics Inc. The oxygen and hydrogen isotopes in her tissue could tell researchers where her drinking water came from, and the strontium isotopes could give them clues about the origins of what she ate and bathed in, said a research scientist at the lab, Brett Tipple. The hair is a historical record of those isotopes, he said, that will show analysts whether and where she moved.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...nocent-lost/7UrhaGK6aHxm1MfumaOR9L/story.html

I must have overlooked this part from the really indepth article that was done

Boots, fran and Kimster like this.
  19. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

That's great! I missed that article, too!

20. Takeitfromme

I know Baby can be identified. I know she can.....

Boots, WindStorm and Kimster like this.