1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

GREECE BEN NEEDHAM: Missing from the Greek island of Kos - 24 July 1991 - Age 21 months

Discussion in 'Europe: Missing & Unidentified' started by Ladyslug, May 9, 2016.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Tourists wait outside the terminal building at the airport on the Greek Island of Kos on July 21, 2017 following a 6.5 magnitude earthquake which struck the region.

Ladyslug likes this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Ladyslug likes this.
  3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Whoa! Has there ever been an earthquake there before? It looks like those buildings were really old.

Akoya likes this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I have read that area in the Mediterranean is subject to earthquakes. This one was larger than most. In recent years, homes and buildings on Kos and the other islands have been built according to earthquake standards. This has probably saved many lives. Rhodes is an island that is fairly close to Kos. An earthquake destroyed the famous Colossus of Rhodes. The Colossus was one of the seven wonders of the world.

Kimster and Scorpio like this.
  6. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Kimster, Akoya and Scorpio like this.
  7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-07-24/scientific-breakthrough-in-search-for-ben-needham/

Ben Needham's mum fears human blood found on evidence 'proves' tot's body was MOVED

She told the Mirror: “This confirms everything the police have suspected. It makes it all a little too real. We believe what they believe.

“It shows more of a conspiracy because they didn’t find Ben’s body. That proves it to me without doubt they obviously moved him and buried him and for whatever reason dug him up. There’s no other explanation. It’s all been a massive cover-up.” She added: “This confirms what the police have been saying all along. My Ben was killed in an accident. But it also suggests that not only did they kill my boy and bury him where the toy car was found, they then moved him before police got to the site last October. What kind of human being does that? It just infuriates me. How can they do such a thing? He was definitely wearing those sandals that day. They were the only ones we could keep on his feet. “And we’re 99.9% sure that car was Ben’s. He was playing with them that day. You can sort of forgive an accident in time but when somebody takes that further and starts picking up a dead child and moving his remains again.

“It’s monstrous behaviour. God know’s where he is. He could be in the bottom of the Aegean sea for all I know. It’s really sick.”

Kimster, Akoya and Ladyslug like this.
  8. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

One thing in these articles is that there was blood on the sandels and they were found in a search in 2012, why was this not grounds for more through search then.

Scorpio, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  9. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I couldn't agree with you more! Sometimes I think that in these high profile cases, the police just want them to "go away" and stop working them. I hope I'm wrong, but I know of a low profile case where that very thing really did happen. :(

Scorpio, Akoya and Ladyslug like this.
  10. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I was never aware that blood was found on the sandal. Was the sandal tested for DNA? If they had one of Ben's sandals, why was it necessary to have new sandals made during this recent search?

Scorpio and Ladyslug like this.
  11. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Well that is what was said in one of the articles i read. Will see it i can find it

Scorpio and Akoya like this.
  12. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Scorpio likes this.
  13. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

This article came from the Find Ben website. I think the newspaper article is probably a sham. If the police have a sandal from 2012 with blood on it, they wouldn't have had to make a new pair of sandals that would possibly resemble the ones Ben was wearing in 1991. I seriously doubt they found a pair of sandals with or without blood in 1991.

This article says that possible remnants of Ben's footwear were found in 2012, but there was no proof and no DNA.

14. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

15. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Might be badly worded article sorry if i've misunderstood

16. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

17. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ben-needham-blood-find-breakthrough-10858653

Ben Needham’s mum fears discovery of human blood on missing son's 'sandal and toy car' proves he was killed and his body moved
    The missing tot's devastated mum said she is now convinced the youngster was taken from the site where he was buried before British police returned to carry out a dig there last year

BYLUCY THORNTON
    • 22:20, 23 JUL 2017
    Ben Needham’s mum Kerry fears the discovery of human blood on a sandal and toy car believed to belong to her son proves he was killed and his body moved, in a sinister twist to the mystery.

The 43-year-old said she is now convinced the youngster was taken from the site where he was buried before British police returned to carry out a dig there last year.

Kerry claims the new evidence points to a cover-up over what happened to her son, who vanished at the age of 21 months while staying at his grandparents’ farmhouse on the Greek island of Kos, 26 years ago tomorrow.

The sandal was found in 2012 at the site where police believe Ben was accidentally killed by Konstantinos “Dino” Barkas who was operating a digger there. But the car was discovered at another spot late last year. There was no sign of the toddler’s body.

I can't believe The Mirror published this article saying a sandal was found with blood on it. A sandal has never been found. A fragment that possibly belonged to a sandal was found in 2012. Ben's blood has never been found. DNA tests found nothing.

I hope Kerry sues The Mirror. The people of Kos and the British newspapers have made Kerry's life miserable.

18. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

I will try and get sources from more places before believing everything.
    It's so hard to know sometimes which papers to rely on.

19. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Ladyslug, you are most certainly not at fault in any manner. The British newspapers and the people from Kos have been awful to the Needhams. The British government ignored Kerry for years. They did little to help her. The British press finally started to report information, but they have been making a lot of it up for years. Their favorite game is to quote Kerry for things she hasn't said. The people from Kos slandered the Needhams and said terrible things about them. I guess that game was in support of those who were likely responsible for Ben's disapearance. My heart just goes out to Kerry and her family.

20. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

@Ladyslug

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-40684276

The BBC and other papers are also reporting that blood was found on Ben's sandal and in his toy car. I am horrified by all of this. Since 2012 they have been saying that they can't verify that they have a piece of the shoe. Since 2012, they have said they couldn't get DNA from what they found. Now, they suddenly have a sandal with DNA on the sandal and inside a toy car.

At this point, I believe nothing they are saying until there is a final report with proof. Det Insp Cousins has been saying since last year that Ben was killed by the digger and his body was moved. It sounds like he's going to push that theory no matter what. My heart goes out to the Needhams.