1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA BENJAMIN RIDLEY: Missing from Burien, WA - 2 July 1982 - Age 15

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by Jason Futch, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Jason Futch

Jason Futch TCCF Host, King of the Highway

[​IMG]

Benjamin was last seen on July 2nd, 1982. It is believed that he may still be in the local area of King County or may be elsewhere in the Pacific Northwest and California. There are currently few details on this case; however I am going to try and obtain a police report so that way I can create a proper profile and a case summary. I am also doing NamUs checks to see if he may have anything in common with UID's in the PNW or California.

I am also trying to find any serial killers or murderers in that area that may have targeted young men, possibly kidnapped Benjamin.

I would encourage more people to share this, especially if you live in the Northwest.

VITALS:
    DOB: April 2nd, 1967 (50 years old as of this posting)
    Sex: Male
    Race: White
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Hazel
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 137 lbs.

PLEASE CONTACT KING COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION AT
    206-296-3311

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40492/0/

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...urien-wa-was-last-seen-on-july-2nd-1982.3361/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
    Whatsnext, Kimster, Scorpio and 4 others like this.
  2. Jason Futch

UPDATE: Due to the current status of this case, King County Sheriffs Office will not release Police Reports or anything involving this case to the public.

Whatsnext, Scorpio and spike like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Sad that it took more than 35 years to get him added to the national database.
    I swear when I was first looking for info on his case a few months back, I saw something about him being with a group of boys shooting pool, or something along those lines. At least I think it was his case. But now, I can't find it for the life of me. It wasn't a police report or news article, but a forum kind of like this, I think. Ughhhh I wish I would have saved it.

[​IMG]
    www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest

Whatsnext, Scorpio and spike like this.
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://q13fox.com/2018/09/17/detectives-hope-age-progression-photo-will-bring-benjamin-ridley-home/

Detectives hope age-progression photo will bring Benjamin Ridley home

BURIEN, Wash. – King County Sheriff’s detectives hope a new age-progression photo will help find Benjamin Ridley, who disappeared 36 years ago.

Ridley was last seen around July of 1982. The 15-year-old was living with his family in Burien at the time he disappeared. Ridley hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Sheriff detectives are looking for any and all information anyone has about Ridley.

Below are two photographs showing what Ridley looked like around the time he went missing, as well as an age-progression photo of what Ridley likely looks like now. The age-progression photo was done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

If anyone has any information about Benjamin Ridley, detectives urge you to call the King County Sheriff’s Office at 206-296-3311.

Whatsnext and spike like this.
  5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

spike and Kimster like this.
  6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://q13fox.com/2018/09/17/detectives-hope-age-progression-photo-will-bring-benjamin-ridley-home/

“This is a really unique case for a couple reasons. He initially lived with his family and then he went to a foster family in Burien,” said King County Sgt. Ryan Abbott. “He ended up running away from the foster house after being there for maybe a day or so. It was thought he went back to his house where his parents were at. Nobody ever reported Benjamin missing. He wasn’t reported missing until last year, until 2017, so that’s why there’s such a delay in getting anything out on this case, so what we’re hoping is that somebody has seen someone that looks like Benjamin, that they recognize him, or maybe he sees himself, or has a different name, or something happened. A lot of his family, or some of his siblings are still alive and they’re the ones that reported him missing and we’re going to do our best to try and find answers for them and hopefully find Benjamin, or find out what happened to him.”

8. Jason Futch

Why did they wait all this time to report him missing? If you are an adult that’s missing (I.e. Jason Callahan and Lyle Stevik) that’s one thing; but a child missing from foster care, that should have been immediately reported!