1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

PA BETH DOE: WF, 15-25, found in 3 suitcases in Lehigh River in White Haven, PA - 20 Dec 1976

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by PlainJaneDoe, Jun 11, 2016.

1. PlainJaneDoe

PlainJaneDoe Bronze Member

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

40 years this December... :(

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

KareBear, Whatsnext, Kimster and 7 others like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

What a brutal killer! Can you guys think of any other UIDs found in suitcases that might show a trend?

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

Whatshisname...the one whose last victim killed him....I think...

DaisyChains, Lily and Akoya like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Neal Falls? He would have been 7 years old in 1976.
    Could very well be someone like him though.

6. Kimster

He hasn't been accused of killing anyone, that I know of?

DaisyChains, Akoya and spike like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Kimster, DaisyChains, Lily and 2 others like this.
  8. Kimster

DaisyChains, Lily, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ooooh. Gotcha. :)

I did a search for "suitcase" on NamUs and it came back with 20 cases. From 1965-1985 it shows just 4 cases. Beth Doe, a toddler from Missouri, and two males (Indiana and Nevada).

10. Kimster

Great idea! Didn't turn up any trends though. How about solved cases? Maybe this perp was eventually caught but they didn't put two and two together?

KareBear, DaisyChains, Lily and 3 others like this.
  11. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh! Right! My bad.

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Doe
    Beth Doe
    [​IMG]
    Beth Doe (known officially as Incident No. N3-27244) is the name given to an unidentified young European-American woman who was found murdered on December 20, 1976, in White Haven, Pennsylvania. The brutality of the crime, the fact that she was pregnant when she was killed and the length of time that she has remained unidentified have created national attention.

Examination and physical description
    [​IMG]
    Original sketch of the victim, created around the time her body was found.

After a three-hour autopsy on December 23, 1976, it was determined that she was a white woman in her late teens or early twenties. However, her identity could not be determined. The cause of death was determined to be strangulation, although she had been shot in the neck as well.

Beth Doe was between 4 feet 11 inches and 5 feet 4 inches tall. She weighed 140 to 150 pounds (due to her pregnancy}. Her hair, which was shoulder-length, was an undyed dark brown. The medical examiner also classified her blood as type O. She also had some distinctive markings on her body. A 2 to 6 inch scar was visible above one of her heels. Two moles on her face, one above her left eye and one on her cheek, may have developed during her pregnancy.
    At some point during her life, prior to her becoming a teen, some of her molars had been extracted, and she had received fillings in her teeth. However, she had likely not seen a dentist recently, as she was suffering from severe tooth decay.

It is believed that she was probably born in Europe and moved to the United States before becoming a teenager, as examination of her tooth enamel indicated. Isotope testing was conducted on her hair, teeth, and bones. She had lived in the United States for 5 to 10 years, and most likely had resided in Tennessee or some nearby state.

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

600_Beth_Doe_I-80.jpg
    I-80 and the Lehigh River below - this is where Beth Doe and her unborn daughter were found on December 20, 1976. A local boy made the grizzly discovering at 4:30 PM. Beth Doe's mutilated and dismembered remains were found stuffed in three suitcases with her unborn child.

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

600_Beth_Doe_Aerial.jpg
    PA State Police believe the murderer traveled westbound on I-80 and tossed the suitcases over the bridge attempting to throw them into the river, but one of the suitcases landed n the banks of the river and the other came to rest in a wooded area 20 ft from the rivers edge.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Eight missing women have been excluded as a possible identity of Beth Doe:

https://identifyus.org/cases/8913
    • Annastaes Banitskas of Australia
    • Iris Brown of Vermont
    • Valerie Cuccia of New York
    • Teresa Fittin of Florida
    • Trenny Gibson of Tennessee
    • Anna Leatherwood of Tennessee
    • Georgia Nolan of Kentucky
    • Denise Sheehy of New York

16. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

http://www.nampn.org/cases/redmond_betty.html

What about Betty? Disappeared one day. Was in an abusive relationship. Her car was found at the airport. sig other tried to say she ran off, but police suspected foul play. She kind of even looks like the original sketch to me. and MD is relatively close to PA.

Betty Irene Redmond

[​IMG]
    Above Images: Redmond

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

• Missing Since: September 26, 1976 from Pasadena, Maryland
    • Classification: Missing
    • Date Of Birth: N/A
    • Height: 5'3"
    • Weight: 110 lbs.
    • Hair Color: Black
    • Eye Color: Brown
    • Race: White
    • A.K.A.: Bimmy
    • Case Number: H6515570
    Details of Disappearance
    Betty has not been seen since November 26, 1976. Betty's husband said that his wife, along with her car, were missing when he woke up the next morning.
    The car was recovered at BWI Airport. Redmond has not contacted relatives since and foul play is suspected. Betty's car was recovered at BWI Airport.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Maryland State Police
    Sgt. Christina Becker
    410-386-3029

Source Information
    NamUs

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  17. DaisyChains

to add to my last post about Betty, many times people dismember bodies to obviously obscure ID. But why? B/c likely if the body is ID'd police will start investigating their closest known relations or their last interactions as suspect - which is why I think this Jane Doe was likely murdered by someone she knew intimately.

Someone like Betty might have endured such a fate if she was disposed by her husband.

18. DaisyChains

upload_2016-9-28_22-8-43.png upload_2016-9-28_22-8-56.png

Betty and Jane Doe side by side. I'm going to send Betty in as a potential match this week in case she hasn't already been submitted.

19. DaisyChains

I'm looking on WS to double check and it seems someone else may have thought Betty was a good match - not sure if they submitted her though! I find it suspicious this Jane Doe was shot in the neck in light of me believing she could be Betty as Betty's husband said their 22 cal gun was missing when she "disappeared". Hm.

FlandersFields, Lily and spike like this.
  20. spike

spike Bronze Member

Wow. Just wow.
    Looks exactly alike, imo

FlandersFields, DaisyChains and Lily like this.