1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

PA BETH DOE: WF, 15-25, found in 3 suitcases in Lehigh River in White Haven, PA - 20 Dec 1976

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by PlainJaneDoe, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Just adding, the moment I read "strangled and ALSO shot in the neck" I thought... "Wow, overkill... wonder if the shot was to obscure the strangulation"..

The multiple suitcases/dismemberment IMO suggests the killer had good reason not to simply dump her body in some bushes by a roadside. It takes both time and physical effort to cut up a body, load it into cases and then haul the cases away. The killer went to great lengths to create 'distance' between himself and the body.The 'overkill' and river dumpsite suggest he may have been concerned about being linked forensically.

Why? Well, maybe he's an abductor who took her home or to a 'lair'.
    Maybe she was tied in with some kind of organised crime... human trafficking?
    Or maybe it's closer to the victim's home than that..

The killer had a relatively 'safe' place where he could take the time to cut up and pack the body. He (obviously) had a vehicle that he used to transport the cases. It may have had dropcloths or plastic in it, because bodies .. well, they leak.

Did police take samples of the fetal tissue? Because that poor baby had a dad somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

i think so, too. I really want to send her in as a match, but I suspect maybe it's already been done? Can't hurt to try again I suppose. I'll send her in tomorrow. thanks for the feedback on how they look alike Spike... sometimes I stare at this info and their faces for so long I get lost and really need people's input/opinion.

3. DaisyChains

great point about the fetal tissue! I hope they did! Certainly help prove who the father is and it is likely (IMO) whoever killed her - unless she was trafficked for sex and was considered a liability after becoming pregnant... so was just killed to rid of her and the baby. BUT I'm thinking more along the lines of this being a domestic issue that lead to murder.

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

I guess, because I do portray paintings, I notice facial structure, similarities and such.
    I would love to be younger and study forensic art.
    Can't even walk to a class now or sit long enough at a computer.

5. DaisyChains

That's defo why I like your input on the potential matches. The ability to have good special recognition and photographic memory is something ya either got or you don't! You defo have it.

FlandersFields and spike like this.
  6. FlandersFields

FlandersFields Well-Known Member

Wow! That does look like her!

7. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

Carl Koppelman did an update on Beth Doe's recon.

[​IMG]

spike, KareBear, Whatsnext and 2 others like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I love his work! Thank you for the update!

9. Kimster

I'm watching this tonight and it really puts everything together well.

spike, The Coffeenator and KareBear like this.
  10. The Coffeenator

Cayleigh Elise is wonderful and so is her NAMELESS series! I am so sad she's quitting youtube :tears:

spike and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

I recently discovered her and now she's leaving! It is a bummer. She's very informative and interesting.

spike and KareBear like this.
  12. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://wnep.com/2019/09/12/state-police-hope-new-lead-will-crack-cold-case/

State Police Hope New Lead Will Crack Cold Case

LEHIGH TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Just behind a tree farm near Weatherly, there is a field with a little more than 100 white wooden crosses in the ground. Newswatch 16 went looking for one cross in particular -- the one where "Beth Doe" rests.

"Beth Doe" was a young woman, killed and stuffed into suitcases along with her unborn daughter. The luggage was found along the Lehigh River on December 20, 1976.

"It was one of my son's friends that came across the suitcase. They were the ones that found it. That's the only thing we talked about for days," said Barry Drasher, White Haven. State police still hope to solve this mystery 43 years later.

In 2015, investigators released updated images of what "Beth Doe" may have looked like. It's believed she was between 15 and 25 years old at the time of her murder.

Now, almost five years later, there is another lead.

"A woman called in several weeks ago, after seeing one of the composite sketches, and believed it to be a girl that she knew when she was in high school that went by the name of Madelyn -- they called her Maggie -- Cruz. Investigative efforts at this point to try and identify Maggie as our potential victim, we haven't been able to do so yet," said Trooper Brian Noll, Pennsylvania State Police.

The tip caller told investigators she went to high school with Cruz in Massachusetts, but she hasn't seen or heard from her since the summer of 1976. The woman says Cruz told her then, that she was pregnant, scared, and needed money.

State police are still holding out hope that someone will recognize either the photos, suitcases, or blankets that were found in this area more than 40 years ago.

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Photographs of Maggie Cruz

Kimster and spike like this.
  14. Kimster

Oh wow! I don't see them naming the leads in the media very often. I can see why she thinks it might be her friend.

spike likes this.
  15. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith Searching for my little girl always

16. Elizabeth Smith

I'm very sorry for your loss and I pray that you and your family can find peace out of all that's happened with her. My own daughter has been missing since April of 2012 and I have my doubts that she is going to be alive when we find her wherever she may be... I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for your peace in your lives. Thanks for the opportunity to speak about someone so special as I'm sure she always has been and will be. Another grieving mother in North Carolina, Beth Smith

17. The Coffeenator

Posted on Websleuths just recently, Madelyn Cruz has been located ALIVE.

Scorpio likes this.
  18. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.masslive.com/worcester/...s-woman-but-shes-actually-alive-and-well.html

The Pennsylvania State Police received a tip that the victim in the December 1976 slaying may have been Maggie Cruz, who lived in Framingham, Massachusetts at one time. The case was highlighted recently by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Pennsylvania State Police Trooper Brian Noll told the Boston Globe that he spoke to Cruz Wednesday morning. He told the newspaper Cruz is “alive and well” and living in New Jersey.

The search for the identity of the woman known as Beth Doe now continues.

Elizabeth Smith and Kimster like this.
  19. Kimster

I'm glad the woman is okay. However, someone isn't and we still don't know what her name is!

20. Elizabeth Smith

This is the reason I always wanted to go into the field of crime scene investigation my entire life so I could help families find answers for peace of mind ❣️

Scorpio and Kimster like this.