1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA BF, 8-13, found along trail in duffel bag in Hacienda Heights, CA - 5 March 2019 *Trinity Jones*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by fran, Mar 6, 2019.

1. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Investigators Ask for Help ID’ing Girl Whose Body Was Found Dumped in Bag on Hacienda Heights Trail

Authorities asked for the public's help in identifying the body of a girl found along a Hacienda Heights equestrian trail the day before.

There are no known motives in the case, which investigators are handling as a suspicious death, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Lt. Scott Hoglund said at a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

Detectives released a sketch of the victim—described as a black girl, possibly 8 to 13 years old, about 4-foot-5, about 55 pounds, and "skinny."

Investigators said the girl was wearing a pink shirt with the words "Future Princess Hero," along with blue leggings with Pandas on them, and no shoes.

"We don't have any leads. We don't have any idea who this child is," Lt. Scott Hoglund said.

Los Angeles County workers doing maintenance on the trail found the body around 10 a.m. south of Hacienda Boulevard and Glenmark Drive, near the Hsai Lai Buddhist Temple.

Detectives believe the body was left there sometime in the late evening hours on Sunday, March 3.

The girl was found partially inside a black rolling duffel bag, with the upper part of her body protruding from the bag, which was partially zipped. The girl was not bound or tied up, Hoglund said.

Investigators said there were no obvious signs of trauma on her body. It is not known whether the girl had already died when she was placed in the bag.

An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause of death.

Detectives have reached out to the Department of Children and Family Services, as well as missing child agencies and surrounding school districts, looking for any possible leads.

"We don't have any information regarding this victim. We need to identify the victim before we can really launch into our investigation, and that's what we're really looking for, is the public's help," Hoglund said. "We don't have any reason for why this happened or how this happened."

Investigators urged anyone with any bit of information, no matter how small, to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Those who wish to remain anonymous can contact Crime Stoppers.

[​IMG]

https://ktla.com/2019/03/06/watch-a...tigation-into-body-found-in-hacienda-heights/

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...ing-trail-in-haciendaheights-california.4477/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2019
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NEW CASE

On March 5, 2019, the body of an unidentified black female was found inside a black rolling duffle bag along a hiking trail in #HaciendaHeights, #California.

The Jane Doe is believed to be between 8 and 13 years of age. She is described as being "skinny", being 4'5" and weighing 55 lbs.

She was wearing a pink long-sleeved shirt with the words "Future Princess Hero" and gray pants with pandas on them.

Authorities believe she died within 48 hours of being located.

If you have any information about this case, please contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Homicide Bureau - Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department at 323-890-5500.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe/

Whatsnext, Dobrev, fran and 1 other person like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Average height would be for a 9-10 year old. Average weight of a 7-8 year old. So for a "skinny" 9-10 year old that may make sense.

However, if she's even close to 13 I suspect she's severely malnourished. Is "skinny" a nice way of saying that until they get more details? If so, that may explain why she's no longer with us. :(

I do suspect she has not been reported missing. I hope they can get somewhere with CPS and/or local schools.

Whatsnext, Dobrev, fran and 1 other person like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Vigil Planned for Unidentified Girl Found Deceased Along Hacienda Heights Trail

A vigil is planned Thursday for the little girl found dead inside a duffel bag along a trail in Hacienda Heights.

While members of the community leave tokens of love and loss for the young victim at a makeshift memorial, investigators still don't know who the girl was nor how she died.

The vigil will be held at 6 p.m. at the memorial. Organizers are asking attendees to bring a disposable cup and a long candle.

"We've never really experienced this sort of thing before, and this magnitude, such a young victim. It's just unimaginable. It's just unconscionable, how somebody's treated like that and just basically thrown off the roadway like a piece of garbage, in a suitcase," resident Henry Goren said.

Other local residents continue to arrive near the trail to leave flowers, balloons, or signs to pay their respects. They said said they will be this little girl's family until investigators can solve this crime.

https://ktla.com/2019/03/07/vigil-p...-found-deceased-along-hacienda-heights-trail/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whatsnext, Kimster and fran like this.
  5. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

That pink shirt she is wearing is from Target.... I'm sure it is. It was a few months ago that I saw it so I might be wrong but I'm sure it's from Target.

6. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

I hate to talk bad about anyone who does this work... and I'm not but it's so hard to imagine her as 8-13 years old. She looks so much older in the face in this sketch. I guess if she was at the top of that age bracket.........................

7. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

That is what I considered it to mean... that Skinny meant something more severe but that won't be said until they do more tests.

This is just heartbreaking.

Yeah I don't think she was reported missing either. Unless she was abducted and is now deceased after being held.

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I've seen others say that as well so you're most likely correct. I couldn't find it on their website but that doesn't mean anything.

Whatsnext likes this.
  9. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Yeah I haven't been living in the US for nearly 6 months so it's likely not a current style. Also, I'm glad you said that you saw people say that, because I hesitated in case I was imagining it.

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Following this train of thought I searched California a few surrounding states for possibilities on NamUs. Nothing really stood out.
    There are a few names floating around out there on Facebook and other sites. Nothing convincing that I've seen though.

Whatsnext, Kimster and fran like this.
  11. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

May this sweet innocent young girl rest peacefully. :vigil:

Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  12. fran

Hundreds Gather for Vigil to Honor Unidentified Girl Found Dead Along Hacienda Heights Trail

[​IMG]

Though the victim remains unidentified, hundreds turned out for a candlelight vigil Thursday evening in remembrance of a young girl found dead along a trail in Hacienda Heights this week.

Those who attended the memorial event, held near where the child's body was discovered Wednesday on a hillside south of Hacienda Boulevard and Glenmark Drive, said they hoped the community would come together to keep the nameless girl's story alive so that she can receive justice.

A memorial near the site, where someone had initially left a sign reading “rest in peace baby girl” and some candles on Wednesday, continued to grow. By Thursday evening, the chain-link fence was laden with flowers, balloons, stuffed animals and crosses.

[​IMG]

Local residents said they will be this little girl's family until investigators can solve this crime.

“I just lost a granddaughter, so I know the feeling of losing," attendee Sherry Evarez said. "A stuffed animal is just a little gesture that (shows) she’s going to be missed.”

Henry Goren, who lives in the area, said the community was still reeling from the shock of the tragic discovery.

“This is a quiet residential area, and it’s grown over the years but we’ve never really experienced this sort of thing before," he said. "And this magnitude — such a young victim — it’s just unimaginable how somebody’s treated like that and basically thrown off the roadway like a piece of garbage.”

Shette Ortega, who helped organize the vigil, said she was spurred to action because she would want the same for her family.

"You just see things like this on the news that happens in other areas, but when it happens in your community it hits hard at home," Ortega said. "And especially because I have a daughter her age as well, we just wanted to come and show our support."

Residents told KTLA they were shaken by the girl's death.

“It’s hurting feeling for someone to take a life like this, and then dump a cold in a field in a suitcase, like she was a piece of trash,” one vigil attendee told KTLA.

“I felt like since there wasn’t a family holding a vigil, it was our obligation as a community to come together and put this together," another said.

[​IMG]

Detectives with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spoke at a news conference Wednesday, asking the public's help in identifying the victim.

Investigators released a sketch of the child, who they described as a black girl between the ages of 8 and 13, around 4 feet 5 inches tall, about 55 pounds, and "skinny." She was wearing a pink shirt with the words "Future Princess Hero" — with "Princess" crossed out — along with leggings with pandas on them, and no shoes.

L.A. County workers doing maintenance on the trail found the body around 10 a.m. south of Hacienda Boulevard and Glenmark Drive, near the Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple.

Detectives believe the body was left there sometime in the late evening hours on Sunday, March 3, and are seeking anyone who may have seen a car parked in the area.

Investigators urged anyone with any bit of information, no matter how small, to contact the Sheriff's Department. Those who wish to remain anonymous can contact Crime Stoppers.

https://ktla.com/2019/03/07/vigil-p...-found-deceased-along-hacienda-heights-trail/

13. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm so glad there is a lot of local awareness! This should help with tips! :vigil:

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Death Of Girl Found In Duffel Bag In Hacienda Heights Ruled Homicide

The death of an unidentified girl whose body was found inside a duffel bag along a hiking trail in Hacienda Heights earlier this week has been ruled a homicide, coroner’s officials said Friday night.

“Sad moment for the department. For the community. And we’re going to do our best to figure out what led to the suspicious death,” said Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva.

Workers found her body in some bushes on the popular trail. Investigators believe she was dumped there on the skyline trail sometime Sunday evening. But they are not sure how long she had been dead or how she was killed.

“This one feels like it’s one of the worst ones I’ve ever heard about. That this little girl stuffed in a suitcase-like bag, was just devastating to me,” says L.A. County Supervisor Janice Hahn.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/03/08/hacienda-heights-death-ruled-homicide/

Death of girl found on Hacienda Heights trail ruled a homicide

The death of an unidentified girl whose body was found on a trail in Hacienda Heights earlier this week has been ruled a homicide.

Authorities sought help from the public in identifying the girl, releasing a sketch of the victim during a press conference Wednesday. They described the girl as being between the ages of 8 and 13, 4 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 55 pounds.

An autopsy was performed Thursday. No other details were released.

https://abc7.com/death-of-girl-found-on-hacienda-heights-trail-ruled-a-homicide-/5178600/

[​IMG]

Whatsnext likes this.
  15. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

i have been all consumed with this unidentified little girl since the story broke but there is not much that can be done to aid in identifying her other than sharing as she is likely not in the system. the locals are doing a good job iwth this. i hope justice can be bought for this lost little.

thank u @Kimster for showing me the way to this thread. i have spent the past half hour finding my way around :)

16. fran

I'm posting a portion of this article just in case anyone gets a lead to the below child, that she's already been eliminated. It appears she's still missing per this article.

Again, this is NOT the unidentified girl, but merely given for reference.

fwiw
    fran

“The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner determined the victim was a Black female between the ages of eight and 13,” according to a press release from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. “The young girl was found to be wearing a pink, long sleeve shirt with gray panda print pants (actual clothing depicted). She stood approx. 4 ft, 5 inch. tall and weighed about 55 lbs. No obvious signs of trauma were found on the victim’s body.”

There was some brief confusion Thursday over reports of a different young Black girl who also recently went missing in southern California.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    LASD Lancaster Stn.@LANLASD

LASD confirms the victim found in Hacienda Heights is NOT Skylar Mannie who was reported missing in Lancaster. Homicide Investigators are working diligently to solve the case of the girl found in Hacienda Heights & we ask our residents to keep an eye out for Skylar!#LASD #AV411

11:42 AM - Mar 7, 2019

read more ........... https://newsone.com/3848045/hacienda-heights-body-found-black-girl/

17. Kimster

18. Kimster

I feel like someone had to have cared a great deal for this young girl in order to buy a shirt with that logo on it. I'm really surprised she hasn't been identified already.

Dobrev likes this.
  19. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

i felt this way too. 'future princess hero' maybe it was the first thing they found for her to wear? the wording of that sweater don't match the condition of the body.

Kimster likes this.
  20. fran

About the only thing that I've seen lately is that she only weighed 55 lbs and her autopsy came back 'homicide.'

I hope it doesn't end here.

This poor child. :(

fran

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Dobrev like this.