1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Bill Cosby rape allegations: Pennsylvania retrial results in *GUILTY* verdict #UPDATES

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by Cousin Dupree, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Since some new news is popping up I thought I'd start a thread to discuss. It appears this story won't be going away any time soon.

Here's a timeline:

http://www.thewrap.com/how-bill-cosby-fell-from-pillar-in-the-black-community-to-pariah/

The Fall of Bill Cosby: A Timeline of His Descent From Beloved Superstar to Accused Sex Offender
    TV | By Anita Bennett on July 12, 2015 @ 12:34 pm

Media experts detail destruction of comedian’s extraordinary legacy

Once the epitome of African-American success, Bill Cosby has now become a pariah.

Last week, a 2005 deposition was unsealed revealing Cosby admitted under oath to obtaining Quaaludes to give to women with whom he planned to have sex. As a cascade of outcry and the rescinding of Cosby’s honors has unfolded, experts say his admission torpedoed what was left of the once-beloved comedian’s career and severely tarnished his legacy....

2. Cousin Dupree

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/white-house-dragged-bill-cosby-controversy

White House dragged into Bill Cosby controversy
    07/09/15 10:25 AM—Updated 07/09/15 02:06 PM

The White House may be forced to formally wade into the controversy swirling around comedian Bill Cosby.

A
    petition posted on their website Wednesday by Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment (PAVE), a sexual assault prevention and awareness group, is calling on the White House to revoke the comedian’s Presidential Medal of Freedom. The award, which is the highest civilian honor bestowed in the U.S., was given to Cosby by President George W. Bush in 2002....

I signed the petition. The admission, in court, of getting Quaaludes to use on women cinches it for me. I'm not saying I didn't think he was guilty before that, just that I can't see how anyone can defend him after that. JMO

spike, GarAndMo49 and MadgeS like this.
  3. Cousin Dupree

Last Week Tonight ran this piece on Whoopi Goldberg last night:

And today this happened:

Whoopi Goldberg Thinks Bill Cosby Is A Rapist Now

After defending Bill Cosby last week, Whoopi Goldberg took a lot of **** from John Oliver to crazy people sending her death threats. But this morning, she changed her tune and now thinks Bill Cosby looks guilty as hell and needs to “speak up or shut up.” Via Deadline:

As of today, Whoopi’s position is this: “There is no recourse for these women except what they are doing. If this is to be tried in the court of public opinion I gotta say, all of the information that’s out there kinda points to guilt. Now, again, I always thought they would have the opportunity to take him to court, but [ABC News chief legal analyst Dan Abrams is] saying that’s not true.”
    “You got a serial rapist, he’s been on the streets for 30 years,” Whoopi said. “I thought, ‘Here’s all the information. Take his ass to jail.’ I find out from you that that’s not possible… So, I can’t say any more ‘innocent until proven guilty’.”
    Addressing Cosby, Whoopi concluded, “It looks bad, Bill. Either speak up or shut up, cause people know now there’s a lot more out there than they thought.”...

She didn't know there was a statute of limitations on rape? How old is she? Seriously, women should know this at a young age. JMO

spike, GarAndMo49 and MadgeS like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I kept hoping the allegations would turn out to be false. Looks like it's not going to be that way at all. I used to just love his TV show. What a horrible horrible man he's turning out to actually be. Makes you almost lose your faith in anybody on television.

spike, MadgeS, fran and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cousin Dupree

I know, I really liked Cos.

spike, MadgeS and fran like this.
  6. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

I wonder how many other entertainers during that period did the same thing?

spike, MadgeS and Cousin Dupree like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

There's no precedent for revoking Bill Cosby's Presidential Medal of Freedom award, President Obama said at a White House press conference on Wednesday. per CNN

spike, MadgeS and Cousin Dupree like this.
  8. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Doesn't surprise me at all. :rolleyes:

Crosby wasn't a dumb man. When one does the crime they have to do the time.

spike likes this.
  9. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

spike, Kimster, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  10. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

I can share this; I actually met Cosby when I was a little kid (probably 10 or so); he stayed in a motel my father owned at the time, and my stepmother got permission for us kids to go in, shake his hand, get an autograph, and leave (we were never allowed to hang around celebrities, or any guests, for that matter). He was the nastiest piece of work I've ever encountered! He loudly complained the whole time that he HATED signing autographs, this was a horrible imposition, etc. I can promise you that if his rep would've told my stepmom he wanted to cancel, it wouldn't have been an issue at all. I was too young to know about rape & such, but I swear I got the most evil feeling after being in a room with him (for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, max) that I tore his autographed picture up as soon as I got home. When I started hearing about the rape allegations, I wasn't surprised in the least. He was all about Bill Cosby, and ONLY Bill Cosby. We were just kids who ADORED him, and it was awful. I've had no respect for him since.

11. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

Just using this as a jumping off point, I've heard the same about .... wait for it ... Andy of Mayberry, and that was from a very reliable source.

Kimster, MadgeS, spike and 2 others like this.
  12. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

I don't doubt it, PPD. It's pretty messed up that these celebs who seem to "love kids" so much are such jerks; when you're a kid, it stings (and I was brought up not to be rude). On the other hand, I met a couple of more "adult oriented" celebs, and they were amazingly kind and patient with us kids & others...weird.

13. Cousin Dupree

He was probably in a bad mood because the drugstore was out of quaaludes.

MadgeS, spike and GarAndMo49 like this.
  14. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

I can understand- that used to p*ss me off, too! (He should have just ASKED; I probably had a few in my pocket)...:emu::whip:

15. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Wow , for me your gut feelings/instincts about him make it all that more real.

16. Cousin Dupree

spike, MadgeS and GarAndMo49 like this.
  17. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

(CNN)Bill Cosby's stunning fall from grace appears far from over.

In the latest setback over his sex assault allegations, three colleges in recent days have rescinded honorary degrees awarded to him years ago.

Fordham University in New York and Marquette University in Wisconsin announced last Thursday they had pulled the degrees given to the comedian to honor him. Then, on Monday, Brown University in Rhode Island said that it will do the same. <snip>
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/25/us/bi...iid=ob_article_topstories_pool&iref=obnetwork

spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  18. Cousin Dupree

http://us.cnn.com/2015/10/01/entertainment/bill-cosby-new-accusers-feat/index.html

(CNN) Three more women came forward publicly Wednesday to accuse Bill Cosby of sexually inappropriate behavior, creating yet another wave of allegations that the comedian abused his power by drugging and assaulting women.

One woman was a cocktail server at a jazz club in Redondo Beach, California, in the 1970s. She accused Cosby of stealing her panties after drugging her and assaulting her in her car while she was unconscious.

Another was a former model and actress who appeared as an extra on "The Cosby Show." She saidthat Cosby told her she better sleep with him if she wanted to make it in the entertainment industry.

After years of silence, the women said allegations against Cosby from other women emboldened them to come forward...

spike likes this.
  19. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

Or now they know the narrative of the other victims and know what to say. I'm not implying he is innocent or guilty, just saying, after all the details are out in public and others come forward, one has to wonder how legit they are.

spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  20. Cousin Dupree

They don't have a lot to gain and Cosby admitted to doing this, basically, in his testimony for the civil trial. The link is in a post above. So I believe them. JMO

GarAndMo49, spike and MadgeS like this.