1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

AR BLYTHEVILLE KIM: WF, 18-35, found in Blytheville, AR - 17 June 1978 *Kim Mills*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Sunburst, Sep 30, 2015.

1. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Me too! Sad news for the families, but they are getting their names back, no longer will they be "does".
    2 down many more to go.
    Thank you Scorpio and Sunburst for the news.

2. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Its a miracle he was identified since the only PM pic of him isn't that great and their file was ruined in a flood.

Praying LE finds Kim's family. Will be hard to run DNA with UNT since NamUs lost funding. Its affecting a teens family that I help.

Scorpio, patsella and Kimster like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm really bummed about NamUS losing its funding for DNA research. :(

Akoya and Scorpio like this.
  4. Advocate

I'm not sure how it applies to NCMEC but we're still waiting there for DNA to be taken; seems like they don't have funding either

Scorpio and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

Oh no! This just keeps getting worse.

Akoya, spike and Scorpio like this.
  6. Advocate

Its been about 2 months since we announced her case is most likely solved

spike and Scorpio like this.
  7. Advocate

8. Advocate

9. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I don't like that NamUs has lost funding to run DNA. That's really important, IMHO.

Akoya, spike, Scorpio and 3 others like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Maybe a partnership in the future with a company that processes DNA? Ancestry or 23andMe.

Akoya, spike, patsella and 2 others like this.
  11. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Some people have suggested the government should look into social security numbers that haven't been used in years to combat this problem. There's probably a lot of missing people who were gainfully employed once in their life, but were killed and ended up as John and Jane Does. And were never reported missing by family members. Police departments could also do the same thing looking through arrest records, if someone is a repeat offender and all of a sudden stops getting in trouble with the law, no family has heard from them and there is no paper trail. They are probably dead.

Akoya, spike, patsella and 1 other person like this.
  12. Kimster

I like all of these ideas! :highfive:

Akoya, spike, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  13. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

That would be great. If any of those companies would agree to do testing on even some of the cases, that would be great publicity. Not to mention the right thing
    to do.

14. Kimster

From Carl K's FB:

UPDATE 11-Sep-2017 - I just got word that it's OK to reveal their names. The John Doe has been positively ID'd as JIMMY HENDRICKS (21), of Flint Michigan. His girlfriend, KIM MILLS (19) of Millington Michigan is expected to be ID'd as the Jane Doe, though a positive ID on Kim has not been made yet.

I started a new thread, so that I can include my most recent version of Kim (which I revised without benefit of a living photo of her). I have still not yet seen her living photo.

UPDATE 6-Sep-2017 - IDENTIFIED.

Both of these persons have been identified. The John Doe's sibling was required to submit DNA to the CODIS known offenders DNA Registry as a result of an incarceration for a minor offense. That sibling's DNA hit in CODIS to the John Doe's Unidentified Decedent profile on the basis of the close familial relationship. When the family was contacted, they were also able to identify the female victim, as they knew her to be his girlfriend.

I cannot provide their names here, as we do not know if any members of her family have been located, and providing his name might tip off her family. I'll just point out that both of their tattoos correctly noted his initials (JH) and her first name (Kim). I've seen his photo, and he doesn't resemble my drawing as much as I had hoped, but I am not surprised, given the poor quality of the photo that I had to work with. Though I have not yet seen her photo, I doubt that the resemblance will be very close either, given the condition of her face wnen she was found.

1978 - Pemiscot County Missouri and Blytheville Arkansas

On June 17, 1978, the body of a white male was found aside I-55 in Pemiscot County Missouri. He had been shot three times.

On the same day, the body of a white female was found aside I-55 near the Burdette exit in Blytheville (Mississippi County) Arkansas, 12 miles south of where the male was found. She also had been shot.

Both persons were seen together at a at a Blytheville truck stop restaurant called Scotty's earlier that day. According to investigators, a woman who worked at Scotty's remembered seeing the couple. She saw the woman with a backpack and bedding and told her she had to take that outside, because it was not allowed inside. She said they were dressed neatly for hitch hikers.

The last time they were seen alive was by a trucker who saw them walking down the interstate.

The male is estimated to have been between 25 and early 30s. He stood about 5 feet 8 inches tall, and weighed about 130 - 140 lbs. He had a fair complexion and freckles, and had a tattoo of the letters "J.H." on his outer right forearm. He also had a large vertical curving scar on his forehead running from his hairline to his eyebrows. He was wearing a red pullover short sleeve shirt with a circle printed on the chest. Inside the circle was a picture of a dark haired female with the words "Hot Sauce" underneath. He was also wearing "Pentimento" brand blue jeans and brown lace-up work boots (size 9 or 10),

The female is estimated to be between 18-25 years old. She stood about 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighed approximately 125 pounds. She had light brown hair, 4-6 inches in length. She had the name "Kim" crudely tattooed on her right arm. She was found clothed wearing a multi-colored striped blouse, blue jeans and she wore a silver chain necklace with a mercury dime pendant with a hole in it. She had given birth at some point.

Unfortunately, much of the case file of clues is severely damaged. A flood in Mississippi County, Arkansas damaged many morgue photos, witness statements, fingerprints, and more.

However, authorities have recently re-opened the case in a renewed attempt to identify the two victims, and/or their killer.

But as of now, 36 years after these two persons' deaths, they remain UNIDENTIFIED.

Akoya, Advocate, spike and 1 other person like this.
  15. Kimster