1. Jayme Closs has been FOUND ALIVE!
    The man accused of killing her parents and kidnapping Jayme is in custody!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Botham Shem Jean, 26, fatally shot by off-duty Dallas police officer who entered wrong apartment

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Uno2Much, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

I am glad to see this. I, too, will defend our protectors, but in this case I do not believe she mistook his apartment for her own

2. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I don’t either. Especially with the neighbors account.
    She went after Jean, whatever the reason. Whether she was high or drunk or not I don’t know but I still think she went after him. You might make a mistake for second, but not long enough to shoot someone. No way.

I hope she gets the most she can get. And I hope her previous career doesn’t give her some kind of easy way out.

3. justthefacts

justthefacts New Member

There are many questions to be answered as it is still a fresh case. Guyger was indicted on 12/2/18. Dallas Police Chief Hall has a great reputation and I do not believe DPD is or has given Guyger special treatment.

Directly after the shooting, groups protested it was racially motivated.
    -I do not believe this is the case.
    Also rumors of a relationship gone bad.
    -No ties to the two knowing each other have surfaced.

The doors use an electronic card entry system, there should be data record of when the doors are opened and closed. But this also could be an add-on to the security system at the South Flat Apartments.

Most apartment hallways and parking garages have security cameras.
    -No confirmation if there is or is not footage.

So many questions...

Skitt, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  4. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

:welcome:

Neighbors have said the doors lock automatically

Skitt, Kimster and justthefacts like this.
  5. justthefacts

justthefacts New Member

I saw that too. And let me say, I don't believe her wrong apartment story. As a female, then add an officer on top, you should always be aware of your surroundings. The time stamp would easily prove the door was either fully shut or not. Southside Flats is a very nice building. They should have these security features.

Skitt, Paradise and Kimster like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

I agree with you completely. Being a law enforcement officer means that she should have had training to be more careful. I wonder if she was impaired somehow?

And.... :welcome:

7. justthefacts

justthefacts New Member

Add that to the list of questions...

Kimster, Skitt and Paradise like this.
  8. MrsS

MrsS Active Member

9. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

10. Skitt

Skitt Well-Known Member

Darn ... a gag order (which orobably is wise, but .... I want to know what is going on)

From your link
    During today’s hearing the judge also issued a gag order preventing attorneys, on both sides, from discussing the case prior to and during the trial. Part of that order said — “Serious comments have been made that pose an imminent threat to the constitutional rights of the defendant.

MrsS, Kimster and Paradise like this.