1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Botham Shem Jean, 26, fatally shot by off-duty Dallas police officer who entered wrong apartment

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Uno2Much, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I just thought of something. She doesn't state after a million times of "I thought it was My Apartment" that it was "Dark" or "I was scared" "I couldn't see". So, what then...She came Home and thought someone Redecorated?. That bothers me.

ima.grandma and Paradise like this.
  2. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Can’t wait until more comes out

ima.grandma likes this.
  3. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

Fired Dallas police officer Amber Guyger appeared in court Thursday, her first time before the judge who will oversee her murder trial in the shooting death of Botham Jean.

During a 12-minute hearing, state District Judge Tammy Kemp quizzed attorneys about the leaking of Guyger's 911 call after the shooting despite a gag order. In the call, Guyger sounds frantic about shooting Jean but also repeatedly mentions that she is going to lose her job as a police officer.
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...-court-murder-case-shooting-death-botham-jean

Skitt, Paradise and Kimster like this.
  4. ima.grandma

The interior floor plan and exterior surroundings of each apartment are "identical" or "extremely similar" to each other, Armstrong wrote. Jean was transported to a local hospital where he died from his injury.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/botham...yger-says-victim-ignored-commands-2018-09-10/

https://www.southsideflatsapts.com/floorplans.aspx

There are 16 photos of Mr. Jean’s apartment available here:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tment-white-cop-shot-dead-black-neighbor.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/docum...ch-Botham-Jean-s-apartment.html?sidebar=false

Skitt and Paradise like this.
  5. ima.grandma

Amber Guyger gunned down Botham Shem Jean in his own home back on Sept. 6. Her trial, which has been delayed several times, was rescheduled more than a year after the suspicious shooting. The 911 call was released in late April and Jean’s mother, Allison Jean, is now speaking out.

See Also: A Timeline Of Dallas Cop Amber Guyger Killing Botham Jean In His Own Home

According to an interview with Sight Magazine, Allison said she believed the 911 call was leaked to gain sympathy for Guyger. Jean also said, “Listening to it, it sparked some anger within me because I’m not hearing the dispatcher pay much attention to him. I didn’t hear the dispatcher ask about his condition, whether he was breathing, whether he was responsive…And I’m wondering whether it was because it was a police-involved shting that the victim didn’t matter.”
    The 911 dispatcher only seemed to be concerned about Guyger and she only sounded worried about losing her job.

On the call, Guyger can be heard breathing heavily and cursing in between telling the operator what she had done. Guyger openly says several times that she’s probably going to lose her job.

“I’m f*cked,” she said at one point during the call before later adding, “I’m going to lose my job.”

After asking the operator to send a “supervisor,” Guyger kept repeating, “I thought it was my apartment.”

Guyger says later in the call that “I’m so tired.”

Listen to the full 911 call below. There is graphic language used.

The leaked 911 call came one week after it was reported that people who Guyger arrested while she was a police officer were having their cases dismissed. Citing court documents, the Dallas News reported that “Dallas County prosecutors in one case wrote that they were seeking the dismissal because the fired officer was ‘indicted for murdering an innocent man in his own home.’”

WFAA said that it “obtained the recording after months of reporting,” but it could have been leaked by Guyger’s defense attorneys, or even her former colleagues at the Dallas Police Department, looking to curry favor with potential jurors in her murder trial. The 911 call has not been officially released by any law enforcement agency.

On Sept. 6, Guyger said that following a long day on the job as a Dallas police officer, she implausibly mistook his apartment for her own and, after ordering Jean not to move, shot him twice before realizing the error of her ways. Her story was met with doubt because of a number of factors, especially her assertion that Jean’s door was ajar. Videos posted on social media by neighbors appeared to show that apartment doors in the building shut automatically, which seemed to indicate that Guyger was lying.

In addition to the inconsistencies in her alibis, which have changed several times, Dallas police, of which Guyger was a member for five years before being fired, appeared to be helping to cover up the shooting for their colleague. The department was accused of allowing Guyger enough time to scrub her social media accounts and get her story straight before turning herself in three days after killing Jean. It also gave Guyger enough time to move out of her apartment, which was never searched by police despite five warrantsallowing them to do so.
    https://newsone.com/3853759/botham-jean-mother-911-call/

6. ima.grandma

C= Caller

D= Dispatch

C: get up, man.

D: Dallas 911. This is Carla. What is your emergency?

C: Hi. This is an off duty officer. . .um. . . can I get. . .I need EMS. . .um… um I’m in number. . .um

D: What’s your address?

C: um

D: Do you need police as well or just EMS

C: Yes. Ineed both.

D: Okay, what’s the address?

C: ****. I’m at apartment number 1478. I’m in 1478

D: And what’s the address there?

C: Um.. .it’s 1210 South Lamar. . . 1478. . .yes

D: What’s going on?

C: I’m an off duty officer.

I thought I was in my apartment and I shot a guy thinking that he was. . . thinking it was my apartment.

D: You shot someone?

C: Yes, I thought it was my apartment. I’m fucked. Oh my god. I’m sorry.

D: Okay and where are you at right now?

C: I’m in uh. . .What do you mean? I’m inside the apartment with him. Hey, come on, man.

D: What’s your name?

C: I’m Amber Guyger. I need . . get me. . .I’m . . I’m in

D: Okay we have help on the way.

C: I know,butI’m. .I’m gonna lose my job.I thought it was my apartment. Hey, man. ****

D: Okay stay with me, okay?

C: I am. I am. I need. I know I need a supervisor. Hey, bud. Hey, bud. Come on. ****. I thought it was my apartment.

D: I understand. We have help on the way, okay?

C: I thought it was my apartment. Hurry, please.

D: They are on their way.

C: I need. . .I. . .I thought it was my apartment. I thought it was my apartment. I could have sworn I parked on the third floor.

D: Okay I understand.

C: No. I thought it was my apartment. I thought it was my apartment. I thought it was my apartment. I thought it was my apartment.

D: What’s the gate code there?

C: I don’t know. I don’t know.

D: You don’t know? Okay

C: [Unintelligible.] I thought it was my apartment.

D: They’re trying to get in there. We have an officer there. You don’t know the gate code?

C: No. I thought it was my apartment. I thought it was my apartment.

D: Okay and what floor are you in right now?

C: On the fourth floor. Fourth.Hey, bud. Hey, bud. They’re coming. They’re coming. I’m sorry man.

D: Okay, where was he shot?

C: He’s on the top, top left.

Long pause

D: Okay you’re with Dallas PD, right?

C: Yes. . . . Oh, my god. I’m done. I didn’t mean to. . I didn’t mean to. . I didn’t mean to. . I’m so sorry. Hey, bud.

D: They’re trying to get to you, okay.

C: I know. Stay with me bud.. . Oh, my god.

D: Okay they’re almost there. They’re already there, they tried to get to you.

C: I thought it was my apartment. I thought it was my apartment. Holy ****. I thought it was my apartment. Oh my god. I thought it was my apartment. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. [unintelligible] Oh my god.

D: Okay, they’re trying to get there to you. Do you hear them? Do you see them?

C: No. . .no. . I . . I. . how the **** did I put the. . how did I . . I’m so tired.Hurry. Hey! Over here, over here.

D: Go ahead and talk to them.

C: No, it’s me. I’m off duty. I’m off duty. I fucked. I thought they were in my apartment. I thought this was my floor.
    Cont’d @ http://statement-analysis.blogspot.com/2019/05/

7. ima.grandma

Kimster, Skitt and Paradise like this.
  8. Skitt

Skitt Bronze Member

Thanks for all the updates, ima.g!

Kimster, Paradise and ima.grandma like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Judge Furious over Leaking of 911 Call from Dallas Cop after Killing Botham Jean

In the seconds after Dallas police officer Amber Guyger shot and killed a man inside his own apartment last year, she called 911 and expressed concern that she would lose her job instead of perform CPR on him.

But that revelation was only made public because someone possibly from within the Dallas Police Department leaked the audio clip to the media back in April in defiance of a judicial gag order.

Furious over the leak and the disregard of her rule, Texas District Judge Tammy Kemp called a hearing Thursday to get to the bottom of it as well as set the date for jury selection for Guyger's murder trial, which was set for September 6, the first anniversary of Botham Jean's death.

"I'm going to ask the media should you be contacted by someone who doesn't have the integrity or fortitude to abide by the law to decline to publish any information that they might have provided to you," Kemp said.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops...r-killing-botham-jean-7VaGBiFz-UWYAK2ZtLSX6g/

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Amber Guyger's attorneys want her murder trial for killing Botham Jean moved out of Dallas

Amber Guyger's attorneys want her murder trial for killing Botham Jean moved out of Dallas, citing "media hysteria" surrounding the fatal shooting of Botham Jean.

Guyger's attorneys, Robert Rogers, Toby Shook and Michael Mowla, argued in their court filing that the "publicity surrounding this case has been prejudicial and inflammatory." Jean's death was international news, and area media outlets published a stream of stories after his death. Guyger's attorneys cited 297 articles about Guyger and Jean in their motion.

Whether potential jurors are qualified to sit on the jury isn't about whether they've heard about the shooting or even whether they know Jean or Guyger's name. To serve, jurors can't have an opinion about Guyger's guilt or innocence.

The trial is scheduled to start Sept. 23. Jury selection is slated to begin on the first anniversary of Jean's death.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...murder-trial-killing-botham-jean-moved-dallas

kdg411, Skitt and Paradise like this.