1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NSW BRADFORD PHOLI: Missing from Dundas, NSW - 26 Dec 1982 - Age 10

Discussion in 'Australia: Missing & Unidentified' started by Scorpio, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

PHOLI-Bradford-NSW_393x500.jpg
    Bradford Warner Pholi http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/2182dmnsw.html

Missing since December 26, 1982 from Dundas, New South Wales, Australia
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics:

• Date Of Birth: October 16, 1972
      • Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
      • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 135 cm
      • Distinguishing Characteristics: Native male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Thin build; dark brown complexion.
      • Clothing: Blue shorts; green thongs; blue-and-yellow "Life. Be In It" shirt.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
    Bradford was last seen leaving his home at Dundas on 26 December 1982. He intended on travelling by train to Newtown to visit an aunt, however he never arrived. Bradford's mother told the media at the time, her son had gone on the train at Eastwood railway station to buy cigarettes for his aunt and that she had been scouring the streets of Kings Cross and Darlinghurst looking for him.

Bradford has not contacted family or friends since this time. There are grave concerns for his welfare. Foul play is suspected.

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...sing-from-dundas-nsw-dec-26-1982-age-10.1795/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/can_yo...7_year_old_case_of_missing_boy_bradford_pholi

Reward of $100,000 offered to solve case of missing boy Bradford Pholi
    [​IMG]
    Bradford Pholi
    Minister for Police Michael Daley today announced that the NSW Government would offer a $100,000 reward for information relating to the disappearance of 10 year old Bradford Pholi in 1982.

Mr Daley said the reward offer came ahead of the final day of the coronial inquest into Bradford's disappearance and presumed murder.

"Bradford was last seen leaving his home in Warwick Road, Dundas, on Boxing Day 1982," he said.

"He was heading to Eastwood Train Station to go to his aunt's house in Newtown, but never made it.

"His mother, who died in 1986, and an unidentified man reported him missing at Eastwood Police Station.

"Police believe that Bradford never made it to the station, but he can't have vanished without a trace. (View Map)

"I hope that this reward offer will encourage anyone who lived in the Dundas, Carlingford, Eastwood, Parramatta, Ryde or West Epping areas in 1982-83 to think back to that day and contact Police if they remember seeing Bradford walking along their street.

"It was Boxing Day, someone must have seen Bradford walking alone as they were putting the rubbish out or trying out their Christmas gifts in the front yard.

"His brother Bernie and sister Anita, then aged 11 and 13 respectively, have spent 27 years wondering what happened to their little brother - they deserve closure," Mr Daley said.

Rosehill Local Area Command Crime Manager, Detective Inspector Darren Newman welcomed the NSW Government reward offer.

"I would ask anyone who saw Bradford that day to contact us, so his surviving relatives can know the truth," he said.

"Cold cases are difficult to solve, but the passage of time and this reward offer may encourage someone with a guilty conscience or someone who may have been told something about the disappearance to come forward.

"I would like to speak to anyone that may have knowledge of individuals living in that local area at that time who displayed unusual behaviour particularly towards children.

"There is no doubt someone has either direct or indirect knowledge about this disappearance," Mr Newman said.

Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Information will be treated as strictly confidential and may be given at any time of the day or night.

Deputy State Coroner Milovanovich will be releasing his findings into the disappearance and presumed murder of Bradford Pholi on Thursday 17th December 2009.

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://www.smh.com.au/national/my-mother-did-not-kill-my-brother-20090617-ch5h.html

'My mother did not kill my brother'

Pholi was 10 when he went missing from his home in Sydney's northwestern suburb of Dundas around midday on Boxing Day, 1982.

His mother Lorna Pholi reported him missing 24 hours later.

Police were told by friends and neighbours that Lorna had been violent towards the boy in the past.

The officer in charge of the investigation has told an inquest at Westmead Coroner's Court that police suspect foul play and that if Lorna was alive today, she would be a person of interest.

Lorna died in 1986.

In the witness box today, Bradford's sister Anita Pholi and brother Bernie Pholi told Deputy State Coroner Carl Milovanovich their mother had smacked them, thrown things at them and taken the belt to them.

But she had nothing to do with Bradford's suspected death, the hearing was told.

"My mother did not kill my brother," an emotional Anita told the court.

"I know that in my heart and in my soul. I know it, I feel it.

"My mother loved my brother to the max - he was virtually the golden child. That's one thing that you guys got wrong."

On the day of Bradford's disappearance, Lorna had asked him and his older brother Bernie to visit an aunt in Newtown, who she had arranged to borrow money from to buy cigarettes, Anita told the court.

Bernie refused to go but Bradford said he would go alone.

They never saw him again, Anita said.

Bernie told the inquest he regretted every day his decision not to go with his brother.

"There's not a day goes by that I don't think why was I so selfish? Just because I wanted to play with my (Christmas) toys," he said.

"In a way I blame my mother because she had such a bad smoking habit ... but in another way I blame myself because I should have run after him."

Both siblings said they had not seen any suspicious people hanging around their house the day of Bradford's disappearance, but their mother's ex-husband had tracked the family down just months before the event.

Anita recommended police find and question Vince Ell.

"We were all afraid of him," she said.

"If the court or police could find him and maybe bring him and ask him a lot of questions - because I think he holds the key."

The coroner adjourned the matter until August 6 to give police enough time to try to track down Mr Ell.

He recommended that DNA samples be taken from Anita to try to match them to any unidentified remains.

Mr Milovanovich also indicated to the family that he was likely to make a finding in August that Bradford was dead, and that his death should be treated as a homicide.

4. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

5. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

So Australian 10 year old children were allowed to purchase tobacco products, no questions asked, in 1982? Really? Nothing about this story smells right. MOO.