1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com


Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Kimster, Apr 14, 2015.

  1. noZme

    noZme Bronze Member

    Police: Man Caught On Tape In Texas Moving Wife’s Dead, Naked Body

    PHOENIX — Police say a husband arrested on suspicion of concealing his wife’s dead body was seen on security video moving a woman’s naked body to his vehicle outside a Texas hotel.

    Footage showed the couple from Sand Springs, Oklahoma, walking into their room at the El Paso Hotel on Sunday evening.

    The next morning, 70-year-old Rodney Puckett is seen using a luggage cart to move the body of 74-year-old Linda Puckett, said Sgt. Kristie Barnette, a police spokeswoman in Eloy, where Rodney Puckett was later arrested.

    Puckett told investigators he found his wife unresponsive and put her body in their vehicle before continuing an unplanned trip to California.

    The cause of death hasn’t been determined, but Barnette noted that Linda Puckett had signs of blunt-force trauma on her body.

    Authorities in Arizona were alerted about Puckett after a drive-thru worker at a restaurant near Phoenix reported seeing a naked woman inside Puckett’s vehicle.

    A detective responded and found Linda Puckett’s body in the front seat, with her head on the floorboard and her feet near the headrest. Rodney Puckett was wearing only underwear.

    El Paso police spokesman Sgt. Enrique Carrillo said authorities there didn’t receive any earlier reports of suspicious activity involving the couple.

    The couple was undergoing a divorce to end their nearly eight-year marriage and had filed restraining orders against each other earlier this year.


    Man arrested after road-tripping with dead wife in car has lengthy history of arrests

    Puckett wheeled her out on a luggage cart and loaded her into the car before hitting Interstate 10 and continuing their trip west, records show.

    Police couldn't say where the couple was going. But 74-year-old Linda Puckett, a retired church bookkeeper, might not have known much about where her husband had been, according to her son.

    “I don’t believe she knew," Chris Fields of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, told The Arizona Republic. He said his mother never mentioned Rodney Puckett's arrests, which included a string of offenses in Oklahoma, Florida and Kansas.

    What Puckett's court records show
    Court records paint a picture of erratic behavior and petty offenses that snowballed into multiple charges for the same incident. The records offer scant insight into his persona, but they are underscored by reports last year that Puckett suffered from severe mental illness.

    The courts, despite multiple felony charges, appeared to treat Puckett sympathetically, deferring sentencing, and ultimately putting him on probation. He never did prison time.

    Records show Puckett pleaded no contest to eluding a Glenpool, Oklahoma, police officer in 2004. He also pleaded no contest to resisting arrest. The court responded to the pleas with a deferred sentence, meaning the case was dismissed after he served probation.

    In 2005, Tulsa police pulled over Puckett on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, records show. He also faced charges of transporting a loaded firearm, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, transportation of an open container of alcohol, and driving without insurance.

    Records show he pleaded guilty to the charges, paid a fine and the case was closed in 2006.

    From 2006 to 2011, Puckett's record appeared to be clean. That ended when he was arrested by police in St. Petersburg, Florida, for making a false report to an officer. He also was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of hydrocodone, an opioid used to treat pain and sometimes prescribed as a cough suppressant.

    Puckett pleaded guilty and was sentenced to nine months' probation that he served in Oklahoma.

    A volatile, abusive marriage
    The El Paso Times cited court records stating the couple was undergoing a divorce to end their nearly eight-year marriage. They had filed restraining orders against each other earlier this year.

    It's unclear if that's what prompted Rodney to get into a car and drive once more. In April, he took off, prompting the Sandy police to issue a Silver Alert for the missing senior citizen.

    In the alert, police described Puckett as bipolar and said he left without his medication. Officials also said he was unable to be mobile for long because of extreme back pain, according to an Oklahoma News 4 report.

    ima.grandma, Paradise, Walden and 5 others like this.
  2. fran

    fran Administrator Staff Member

    At least 11 deaths and 6 injuries at Virginia Beach municipal complex, police say; shooter also dead: reports

    At least 11 people were killed and six hurt Friday when a shooter, a city employee ultimately shot and killed by police, opened fire inside a Virginia Beach municipal building, Police Chief Jim A. Cervera said on Friday.

    The shooter was a current longtime public utility worker, Cervera said. The names of the gunman and the victims were not released. Police did not describe a possible motive for the attack.

    "This is the most devastating day in the history of Virginia Beach," Mayor Bobby Dwyer said. "The people involved are our friends, co-workers, neighbors and colleagues."

    Five people were taken to Virginia Beach General, and one was being flown to the Level I Trauma Center at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, The Virginian-Pilot reported. A Virginia Beach police officer was among those shot, but was saved by his bulletproof vest, Cervera said.

    Authorities said via social media they believed there was just one shooter involved at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center.

    Virginia Beach PD@VBPD

    ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION-municipal center, building 2. Multiple injuries. At this time it is believed that only 1 shooter, and they have been taken into custody. More to follow


    1:51 PM - May 31, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

    1,563 people are talking about this


    As the dramatic event was unfolding, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam urged his constituents to stay away from the area and abide law enforcement warnings in a tweet on Friday.

    Ralph Northam


    My team and I are actively monitoring the situation in Virginia Beach. Please stay away from the area and follow all instructions from law enforcement.


    2:24 PM - May 31, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

    244 people are talking about this

    "This is just a horrific day," Northam told reporters as he arrived to receive a briefing on the attack from authorities.

    The shooting occurred shortly after 4 p.m. when the suspect entered Building 2 of the center on Friday afternoon. It houses departments such as planning, public works and public utilities, and employees were seen exiting the building in tears, with some in need of medical assistance, according to reports by Fox News affiliate WAVY News 10.

    He reportedly fired at multiple employees on different floors, Cervera said, and at responding police officers, before being shot and killed.

    "It's a huge scene," Cervera told reporters at a news conference. "Please understand the intensity of this."

    Christina Pullen, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Norfolk, said the bureau was responding to assist Virginia Beach police, The Associated Press reported.

    According to The Virginian-Pilot, City Council Member Barbara Henley had just pulled up to the City Hall building just after 4 p.m. to pick up the agenda when she heard sirens and saw police cars.

    "I thought it was an accident," Henley said, according to the paper.

    Public Works spokesman Drew Lankford told the paper he left the building to get a haircut. He received a call from his daughter, who also works in the building, that there was a shooter and that security instructed everyone to get underneath their desks.

    "This day will not define Virginia Beach," Councilman Aaron R. Rouse said during the news conference. "We will come together. We will show the strength of our city."

    ima.grandma, spike, Skitt and 3 others like this.
  3. fran

    fran Administrator Staff Member

    Families Push For Answers In Cases Of 50 Strangled Women; Some Blame A Serial Killer

    CHICAGO (CBS) — More than 50 women have been killed by strangulation in Chicago going back to 2001. The CBS 2 Investigators have highlighted patterns that some say suggest a serial killer could be behind the murders.

    Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said right now there is just not enough information to say a serial killer or killers are responsible for strangling the women, but until arrests are made their families will continue pushing.

    RELATED: Bobby Rush Asks FBI To Take Over Investigation Into Possible Chicago Serial Killer | Chicago Police Call For Witnesses To Come Forward In Search For Possible Serial Killer | Is There A Serial Killer On The Loose In Chicago? Dozens Of Similar Cases Unsolved

    Flyers with names and locations of the tragedies are posted near the spots where Chicago women were found strangled and left for dead in alleys, abandoned lots and trash cans.

    City sanitation workers found Riccardo Holyfield’s cousin Reo Renee Holyfield in a garbage bin last fall.

    “If something don’t get done, it’s going to get worse,” Riccardo said. “People keep dismissing us because of these women’s backgrounds.”

    Thomas Hargrove of the Murder Accountability Project identified a pattern dating back to 2001.

    “Disproportionately these women have a history of sex work and illegal drug use,” he said. “It is highly unlikely these women were murdered by 50 separate men.”

    Riccardo, his family and volunteers vow to keep walking in the search for answers not just for their loved on but for all of the murdered women.

    “If we continue to allow this to happened everyone’s going to lose their family members,” he said.

    Johnson called for a review of 51 strangulation cases to see if there was any DNA taken and if any links can be made from that.

  4. noZme

    noZme Bronze Member

    Former Broward County Sheriff's deputy Scot Peterson has been arrested on multiple felony and misdemeanor charges stemming from his inaction during the Parkland shooting!
  5. guess who

    guess who Bronze Member

    Hold it next to them?
    spike, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  6. fran

    fran Administrator Staff Member

    FBI investigates string of transgender women killings in Dallas

    A woman who died as result of “homicidal violence” in Dallas became the third transgender woman killed in the city within 8 months — sparking an FBI probe, cops said Monday.

    The body of Chynal Lindsey, 26, was pulled from a lake by Dallas Police on Saturday less than a month after another black transgender woman, 22-year-old Muhlaysia Booker, was found shot to death in the city, according to ABC News.

    Dallas police Chief Reneé Hall said Lindsey’s body had “obvious signs of homicidal violence” and asked both the public and the FBI for help in finding her killer.

    “The Dallas Police Department has reached out to the FBI because as we know, this is the second individual who is transgender, who is deceased in our community,” Hall said at a press conferenceMonday.

    “We are concerned, we are actively and aggressively investigating this case. And we have reached out to our federal partners to assist us in these efforts.”

    An FBI spokeswoman said the bureau is “prepared to assist” if it becomes clear that there could be “a potential federal civil rights violation.”

    “We will continue to work with the Dallas Police Department as well as all our community partners to address any concerns,” FBI officials said in a statement.

    Dallas Police said the department has four open homicide cases in which black transgender women were killed — including Lindsey and Booker, according to the Dallas Morning News.

    Booker’s death came one month after a video of her being attacked gained widespread attention online. She can be seen in the footage desperately attempting to fight back during the attack.

    On May 18, Booker was found shot to death on a road bordering a golf course. Cops have not named a suspect in her killing.

    Also, 29-year-old Brittany White was found fatally shot inside her car in southeast Dallas in October of 2018. Her killer is still at large.

    ima.grandma, spike, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  7. kdg411

    kdg411 Resource Mod

    Convicted pedophile charged in 1993 killing of Missouri girl

    A convicted pedophile who ran an international child pornography ring has been charged with the 1993 abduction, rape and killing of a 9-year-old Missouri girl, after previously undetected DNA found on her clothing implicated him in the crime, authorities announced Wednesday.

    Earl Webster Cox, who has been in custody for years because the state deemed him a sexually dangerous person likely to re-offend if set free, is charged with first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping and sodomy in the death of Angie Housman, St. Charles County Prosecutor Tim Lohmar said at a news conference.

    *(this has haunted those who are local for many years and I'm hoping her Mom can finally start to grieve)
  8. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    Jim Allen left work to stand outside the Franklin County jail Wednesday morning with his sister, Lisa Coleman.

    They said they had to be here.

    “I was at work today. I don't know. I got some text that this was on the news, it just kind of flooded my emotions, and it just slapped me in face and it became even more real,” Allen said.

    They wanted to catch a glimpse of Dr. William Husel being brought into jail. They watched as a Columbus Division of Police pulled into the jail.

    Husel was charged Wednesday with 25 counts of murder related to the deaths of Mount Carmel patients between 2014 and 2018.

    “Today is a good day,” Lisa Coleman said. “We want to do this for our father, and for the other patients who couldn't be here today, work or not able to, or just couldn't stomach this today. I want him to know we are not afraid and not going to back down. We are going to be at every court hearing. We want justice for our father and for the other patients.”

    Coleman’s father, Jim Allen, was one of 35 patients to have received an excessive dose of pain medication while under the care of Dr. William Husel.

    Brothers Jacob, Jeremy, Robert and Stephen Hodge sit at a table in a cramped room inside a Columbus law office, Wednesday.

    They say what they miss the most is everything about their mother.

    "Everything," Jeremy said. "Visiting, family dinners, family gatherings...everything."

    Sue Hodge was their mother. She was a former patient of Dr. William Husel. Her sons say in April of 2018 she was admitted to the hospital thinking she had a heart attack, but it was later determined that wasn't the case. Hours later, they say, she was dead after receiving 800 micrograms of fentanyl under Husel's care.

    "I don't have any bad wishes on him, but I'm sure he's going to get what he deserves," Christopher Thomas said.

    Thomas' mother, Jan, was another former patient who died in 2015 under Husel's care. Thomas says even with the indictment, closure is still a long way's away.

    David Austin says every time he closes his eyes, he sees his wife of 37 years, Bonnie.

    "[She was] the love of my life," he said, holding back tears.

    In September, Bonnie went to Mount Carmel after having a heart attack and a collapsed lung. A short time later, he says, she was dead.

    "I lost it," he said. "I just lost it."

    He says he didn't think to blame Dr. Husel at the time. After all, he says Husel was the doctor and Austin thought he knew what he was doing. Now that trusted doctor sits in jail awaiting his day in court. Austin says he'll be there, too.

    "Oh yeah," he said. "I plan on being there, yes."

    So will the Hodge brothers.

    "I want to be there to see everything through for the comfort of me," Robert said.

    Until then, these families wait and hope closure is on the horizon.

    "One day at a time," Austin said. "Just take it one day at at time and see what happens."

    Dr. Husel, whose medical license has been suspended by the state medical board, has been accused of ordering excessive doses of pain medications for patients who were in the intensive care unit.

    Mount Carmel Health System fired Husel in December after an internal investigation raised questions and concerns about his patient care. Those concerns turned into 25 counts of murder on Wednesday.

    Prosecutors said they chose to focus on patients who received 500 micrograms of fentanyl or more.

    All of the patients died and all were in the intensive care unit at Mount Carmel under Husel’s care between 2014 and 2018.

    Husel entered a not guilty plea during his court appearance Wednesday. His attorney, Richard Blake, said he did not intend to euthanize these patients and was providing “comfort care.”

    The patient overdose scandal has rocked the Mount Carmel Health System – the federal agency in charge of patient safety and hospital oversight, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, had threatened to pull Mount Carmel’s Medicare funding in wake of the patient overdose scandal.

    Mount Carmel has avoided that by installing a series of corrections that now limit how much medications can be given to patients and requiring pharmacy approval before medications are given when patients are being removed from ventilators.

    Nearly all the patients were given the pain medications when they were being removed from the ventilators.

    State health inspectors – acting on behalf of CMS – found that Husel used an override function to bypass the hospital’s pharmacy and gain access to large doses of fentanyl and other medications.

    State health inspectors found that in 24 of the 27 patient cases they reviewed, Husel used an override function to gain access to the medications.

    10 Investigates spoke Wednesday to Amy Pfaff, the daughter of Beverlee Schirtzinger, one of five Husel patients who the hospital says could have seen her condition improve with treatment. Her mother died on October 9, 2017 – one of two patients to receive a 500 microgram dose of fentanyl on the same day.

    She disagreed with a question when asked if she considered Husel a “monster.”

    “I think that is a harsh word, I wouldn't really label him as anything. I'm just kind of numb to him right now, and what he did to my mom. I would not say a monster, more or less just wanting to know why and I doubt that I will ever know why,” she said.

    A former physician at Columbus, Ohio-based Mount Carmel Health System, was charged June 5 in the deaths of 25 hospital patients, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

    The murder charges against William Husel, DO, came after a six-month criminal investigation by the Columbus police. The investigation concluded that Dr. Husel purposely caused the deaths of dozens of patients between 2015 and 2018 by ordering excessive painkiller doses for near-death, intensive care patients.

    Although the health system said that 35 patients were identified as having received excessive pain medication, the criminal charges focus on the 25 patients that were given at least 500 micrograms of fentanyl, which is considered potentially lethal. Some of the patients received 1,000 micrograms and two patients received 2,000 micrograms, according to the report.

    "At the 500 microgram level, there would be no legitimate medical purpose," Ron O'Brien, one of the prosecutors in the case, told The Dispatch. "The only purpose would be to hasten their deaths."

    Mount Carmel Health System first removed Dr. Husel from patient care in November 2018 after receiving several formal reports about his actions. The health system fired him in December 2018.

    "Mount Carmel has made and will continue to implement meaningful changes throughout our system to ensure events like these never happen again," Ed Lamb, president and CEO of Mount Carmel Health System, told Becker's. "There is nothing more important to Mount Carmel than the safety of our patients and their trust in us. Providing compassionate care to patients and their families is one of our most sacred responsibilities. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the families of patients affected by this tragedy."

    Dr. Husel's attorney said the former physician didn't intend to kill anyone.

    Dr. Husel has been suspended from practicing medicine by Ohio's medical board and is at risk of losing his license.

    Five managers and at least 30 nurses and pharmacists have been placed on administrative leave by the hospital as the investigation of the painkiller doses continues.

    Read the full report here: https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190605/husel-charged-with-25-counts-of-murder-in-mount-carmel-deaths

  9. guess who

    guess who Bronze Member

    More info

    I hope they look into a possible link for this young girl

  10. kdg411

    kdg411 Resource Mod

  11. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    GEAUGA COUNTY, Ohio — "Geauga’s Child," a cold case that has haunted authorities in Geauga County for more than two and a half decades, has been solved, the sheriff said at a news conference Thursday.

    On March 25, 1993, a newborn baby was found near Sidley Road in Thompson Township. The child was partially dismembered and still had his umbilical cord attached. Authorities said the child had been placed in a trash bag and left in a wooded area but was dragged to the side of the road by animals.

    Following the child's discovery, residents across the county arranged for the baby to be buried. People made handmade clothes and donations provided money for a headstone. The boy was laid to rest in the Thompson Township cemetery. Authorities said that to this day, residents care for the boy's grave and leave gifts and flowers.

    Gail Eastwood-Ritchey, 49, of Euclid, the child's mother, has been charged with aggravated murder and murder, according to authorities.

    "Her reaction was that she had not even thought about this until we brought it up," said Geauga County Sheriff Scott Hildenbrand. "She had completely put it out of her mind. She always referred to the baby as 'it.' She really had no emotions as far as that's concerned."

    Investigators say Ritchey is still married to the baby's father, but that she hid the pregnancy from everyone. They say Ritchey now has three grown children.

    Sheriff deputies stated that familial DNA from a voluntary ancestry online database was used to track Ritchey down. They identified distant family members in 2018.

    Detectives used the same techniques that allowed authorities to track down the Golden State Killer. Authorities said the case is the 51st in the nation to be potentially solved using familial DNA techniques.

    All in all, it took hundreds of man hours to complete a DNA profile that would provide leads leading to an arrest in the case. Authorities said that when they executed a search warrant and arrested the woman, she admitted to giving birth to the child, placing him in a bag and leaving him in the woods.

    According to the sheriff’s office, Ritchey also confessed to committing a similar crime with another child in 1991 in Cuyahoga County, two years prior to police finding Geauga’s Child.

    "She gave us a pretty specific area where she had taken the first baby," said Hildenbrand. "That was 30 years ago and there's no evidence there."

    A special grand jury was convened Thursday and Ritchey was indicted. Deputies said that Ritchey has shown no remorse about the killing.

    "To this day even though she admitted involvement, she shows absolutely no remorse and takes no ownership of the baby. For this reason, the child will rest in the Thompson Township cemetery and will always be known as Geauga's Child," said Hildenbrand.

    Ritchey's public Facebook profile is filled with local news stories about police looking for missing children.

    She is being held at the Geauga County Jail without bond until her initial court hearing on June 10
  12. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    Ohio authorities arrested a woman after making a break in the 1993 cold case murder of a newborn baby – now, investigators say the suspect has admitted to killing another infant.

    On March 29, 1993 police found a newborn baby boy dead in the woods. He had been mauled by animals.

    At that time, the child was sent to the Cuyahoga County Coroner’s Office where they confirmed that he had been born alive, but could not determine how he died.

    Members of the community came forward and had handmade clothing made for the child’s funeral and burial. He was referred to as “Geauga’s Child” on his gravestone. He was memorialized in the Thompson cemetery and, to this day, community members care for his grave, leaving gifts and flowers.

    For 26 years authorities had been following up on all leads in the Geauga’s Child case.

    In September 2018, the Geauga County Sheriff’s Office identified distant family members of Geauga’s Child. Detectives compared DNA voluntarily submitted to a database to help identify the mother. Officials started with a 14,000 person family tree and interviewed potential family members across the country and the world before narrowing the search down and tracing the DNA to a local woman.

    They then issued a search warrant for Gail Eastwood-Ritchey’s DNA, which ultimately confirmed that the 49-year-old Euclid woman was the baby’s mother.

    Ritchey allegedly admitted that she had birthed the child, placed him in a trash bag and dumped him.

    Authorities say she also admitted to a similar crime that occurred two years prior to the discovery of Geauga’s Child. Officers have searched the area she allegedly dumped that child and did not find evidence. They are continuing their investigation.

    Ritchey has been charged with one count aggravated murder and one count of murder.

    She was arrested Thursday afternoon and taken to the Geauga County Jail. She will be arraigned in Common Pleas Court either Friday or Monday.

    Ritchey is currently married to the infant’s father and has three adult children.

    Officials say Ritchey shows absolutely no remorse and takes no ownership of the infant. For this reason, he will continue to rest in the Thompson cemetery identified as Geauga’s Child.
    Skitt, Kimster, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  13. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    A former Air Force service member currently in federal custody has been charged in a 25-year-old cold case in which a 9-year-old girl was sexually assaulted and murdered, St. Louis authorities said Wednesday.

    Earl Webster Cox, 61, has been charged with the killing of Angie Housman, 9, who was found dead nine days after she disappeared in November of 1993, St. Charles County Prosecuting Attorney Tim Lohmar said Wednesday.

    "We are remembering something that was a terrible, terrible tragedy to a young lady who didn’t deserve this, but at the same time today culminates so much effort, so much work, so much passion and dedication," Lohmar said.

    Angie Housmanvia KSDK
    Angie's body was found in the August A. Busch Memorial Conservation area outside of St. Louis. She was discovered by a hunter about nine days after she went missing, naked and partially covered in snow. Her head was wrapped in duct tape, and she was handcuffed and bound to a tree, according to Lohmar.

    Her autopsy revealed the cause of death to be hypothermia. Angie had been left alive and struggled to free herself of the restraints. Evidence suggested she had been starved, tortured and sexually assaulted.

    A crime lab expert recently tested DNA evidence found on the pink trim pieces of Angie's torn underwear. Lohmar said that recent developments in forensic science helped isolate the evidence from the dye in the trim.

    "The fact that it took this long for us to be able to use the current technology and do the DNA testing which gave us the result ... that was a blessing in disguise," Lohmar said. "Had we tested this evidence any sooner than we did, there's a chance that nothing would have come about because the technology just wasn't advanced enough."

    A search of the Combined DNA Index System, a national database, led authorities to Cox, who had family that lived just three blocks from Angie's school at the time of her death.

    Cox joined the Air Force in 1975 and was dishonorably discharged for sex offenses involving four children while stationed in Germany, Lohmar said. He was court-martialed in 1980 and served eight years at Fort Leavenworth.

    At the time of Angie's disappearance, Cox had moved back to Missouri after a second arrest for child abuse in 1992. Cox pleaded guilty in 2003 to trying to entice a minor across state lines for sexual activity, and to charges for the 45,000 images of child pornography FBI agents found on his home computer, according to court records obtained by NBC-affiliate KSDK.

    In 2012, the court certified Cox as a sexually dangerous person and he was committed to federal custody indefinitely under the Adam Walsh Child Protection Act, according to KSDK.

    Cox has been charged with murder in the first degree, kidnapping in the first degree, and sodomy in Angie's case. Lohmar said it was too early to say whether prosecutors would seek the death penalty, but did say authorities are looking to see whether anyone else was involved in Angie's death.
  14. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

  15. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    Any number of circumstances could have prevented Forsyth County sheriff’s deputies from finding a baby abandoned in a wooded area Thursday night.
    Sheriff Ron Freeman said the baby girl was left in a plastic shopping bag on an isolated stretch of Daves Creek Road in the southern part of the county. There was only one home nearby, and that family was away on a trip. They did not return until just before 10 p.m.

    As they were unpacking their bags, a child heard what sounded like a baby crying, Freeman said. They called 911.

    “It was divine intervention we found this child,” Freeman said during a news conference Friday.

    Deputies performed first aid until the baby could be taken to an area hospital. While she has not been identified, hospital workers decided to call the baby India, rather than the standard baby Jane Doe. Freeman said he thought the temporary name was fitting.


    The sheriff’s office is asking for the public’s help to identify the baby, who is white, and locate her mother. Anyone who knows a woman in the late stages of pregnancy who could have recently given birth is asked to contact investigators at 770-781-3087.
  16. Skitt

    Skitt Bronze Member

    Did you notice the outline of a heart on the baby's tummy? So many safe places the baby should/could have been left. Thankful she will probably be all right.
  17. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    No I didn’t but I now see what you’re talking about. How so very sad.
    Skitt, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  18. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    An Oklahoma man was arrested in Arizona just a few weeks after police issued a Silver Alert for him.

    Last month, the Sand Springs Police Department issued a Silver Alert for 70-year-old Rodney Puckett, of Sand Springs, who was missing and without his medication. Police said Puckett is bipolar.

    The Silver Alert was canceled after he was found in a Kansas jail.

    Sand Springs police released this photo of Rodney Puckett last month for a Silver Alert.

    On Monday, he was arrested in Arizona during a traffic stop after an Eloy police officer noticed a deceased woman sitting in the passenger seat.

    Eloy police say the woman was identified as Rodney’s wife, 74-year-old Linda Puckett.

    Rodney told detectives his wife died at a hotel in Texas during their trip and after she died, he moved her body into their vehicle and continued towards their destination.

    Police are working with Texas authorities to determine if Linda’s death was the result of a homicide.

    According to KNXV, the couple married in 2011 and were in the process of getting divorced. Linda had a protective order filed against Rodney and filed for divorce on February 8.

    Rodney was booked into Pinal County Jail for abandonment or concealment of a body.

    Officials say additional charges may be filed at a later date.

    An Oklahoma woman who was found dead on May 13 in her second husband's passenger seat in Eloy is being remembered by her sons as a doting mother and grandmother who "didn't deserve to be thrown into the floorboard."

    Linda Puckett, 74, was no stranger to hardship. Her son Chris Fields, 49, said she relied on her faith through many trials.

    Puckett met her first husband, Bob Fields, at a sweetheart's dance at a Tulsa, Oklahoma, church in the early 1960s, Chris Fields said.

    The pair married about a year later. They had two sons, Scott and Chris, and a daughter they named Keri.

    The couple, a pastor and his wife, would later lead a congregation and raise a family together.

    They had their struggles like any couple, Chris Fields said. But they made it through tough times and through the worst time, when one of their children died. And they stayed together for more than 40 years of marriage.

    Puckett's resilience is, perhaps, what makes her tragic death all the more unimaginable to those who love her.
    Skitt, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  19. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    Police concerned that a possible serial killer is on the loose in Detroit began inspecting hundreds of vacant homes Friday for more victims and identified a person of interest, two days after the decomposed body of a third woman was discovered.

    Mayor Mike Duggan predicted it would take two weeks to check 1,000 properties on Detroit's east side. Other crews then will board up the houses, a job that could last through July, before they're eventually demolished.

    The bodies of three women have been found in separate vacant houses since March, the latest one Wednesday. Only one so far has been ruled a homicide. But Duggan said there's a "strong possibility" that one person is responsible for the deaths.

    Police Chief James Craig believes the women could have been lured into blighted houses, raped and killed. He suspects two worked in the sex trade.

    "It appears we may have a serial killer," Craig said.

    Craig said investigators were seeking a person of interest in the case: a man in his mid-30s who's known to be homeless and who frequents the east side. Police released two photos of the man in an effort to generate tips from the public, and he was taken into custody Friday night.

    Craig did not say why the man was considered a person of interest.

    The chief said the third victim was a 55-year-old woman whose name he declined to release because her family had not yet been notified. The other women have been identified as Nancy Harrison, 52, and Trevesene Ellis, 53.

    "We have been getting regular leads, tips" about the deaths this week, Craig said. "We're following up on each and every one. ... We're going to find this violent predatory criminal."

    Abandoned houses have marred Detroit for years. The city has demolished about 18,000 properties since 2014 and has another 18,000 houses to go, Duggan said.

    "Getting these houses down is absolutely critical," the mayor said.

    Police in Detroit have arrested a “person of interest” Friday night in the case of a possible serial killer and rapist targeting sex workers in the east side of the city.

    DeAngelo Kenneth Martin, 34, was arrested at a bus stop near 7 Mile Rd. and Gratiot at around 7:30 p.m., several hours after Police Chief James Craig release images and a description of what he called a “person of interest” in the case of three dead sex workers found in abandoned buildings since March.

    Craig spoke to reporters Friday afternoon and told them that Martin was believed to be a homeless man who frequented the area in which the three victims were found.


    DeAngelo Kenneth Martin, 34, was arrested at a bus stop near 7 Mile Rd. and Gratiot at around 7:30 p.m., several hours after Police Chief James Craig release images and a description of what he called a “person of interest” in the case of three dead sex workers (Detroit Police)

    Authorities first alerted the public to a possible “serial killer and rapist” in the area on Wednesday after a third woman was discovered dead in an abandoned home on the east side of Detroit.

    The victim had not been identified as of Friday pending family notification but she was described as a 55-year-old female whose death matched a similar pattern to two other victims. Her body was found three to four days after her death, Craig said.

    The first body was discovered on March 19 on the east side of Detroit in a “vacant dwelling.” The victim, later identified as Nancy Harrison, 52, was found “partially clad.”
    Investigators initially believed she died of a drug overdose but on May 20, the medical examiner’s autopsy report revealed that cause of death was “blunt force trauma.”

    Several days later on May 24 a second woman, Trevesene Ellis, 53, was found dead not far from the first victim. She too was found “partially clad” in an abandoned home.

    City officials believe there could be more victims, as each body was found “decomposed to a different degree” than the last.

  20. ima.grandma

    ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

    Police and hospital staff involved in the baby's rescue named her baby India.
    Atlanta (CNN)Georgia authorities are searching for the mother of a newborn who was found wrapped in a plastic bag and abandoned in a wooded area in Cumming.

    Residents of a nearby home were unloading their car after a trip Thursday night when they heard a noise coming from a secluded, wooded strip of land. At first, they thought they were animal sounds.
    (We) grabbed our flashlights and we're driving around and we're, like, 'That doesn't sound like an animal,'" Kayla Ragatz told CNN affiliate WSB.
    They went into the woods and followed the sound to a pile of leaves and sticks, and then saw the baby wrapped in a plastic bag.
    "You don't anticipate hearing a baby in the woods," Sheriff Ron H. Freeman told reporters Friday. "Thank God they went out and investigated."
    They called 911, and a baby girl believed to be hours-old was found in a plastic bag, Freeman said. Police and hospital staff involved in the baby's rescue wanted her to have a name because they feel "like she is one of theirs," he added. Instead of Baby Jane Doe, a local Forsyth County hospital named her India.


    Sheriff Freeman's Press Conference from earlier today regarding the infant that was found. If you have information that could help us locate the family of this baby, call FCSO at 770.781.3087 or anonymous tip line 770.888.7308. #FOCObabyindia https://youtu.be/7-gKiyOMQCA

    India is in a hospital receiving medical attention, and the Department of Family and Children's Services will likely place her in foster care, Freeman said.
    Law enforcement officials are canvassing the area, checking cameras and asking for the community's assistance in figuring out how India got there.
    If she was left there, the person involved could be charged with offenses such as abandonment and cruelty to children in the first degree.
    But authorities are not going to speculate on criminal charges until they know what happened, Freeman said. Their priority is making sure India and the woman who gave birth to her are both safe and in good condition, he said.
    Cumming is about 40 miles from Atlanta.
    Skitt, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.

Share This Page