1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Qld BRONTE & ISABELLA WATTER: Missing from Townsville, Qld - 4 April 2014 - Age 8 & 8 *Found Safe*

Discussion in 'Australia: Located/Resolved' started by MarlyWings, May 26, 2015.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Fake ID and friends’ help aids getaway for kidnap mum Cassie Watter

June 29, 2016 12:00am

POLICE believe a Queensland mother who has held her twin daughters captive for two years is using a fake identity to finance her life on the run.

Cassie Watter kidnapped her twin daughters Isabella and Bronte, now nine years old, from Hermit Park State School, in Townsville, in April 2014, leaving behind her ex-husband Michael Watter.

Mr Watter, who won legal custody of the twins before their disappearance, has issued a fresh appeal for public assistance as police continue to investigate leads that stretch down the east coast of the country. “Their whole lives have been taken away from them and the longer this goes on, the more their lives are going to be impacted going forward,” he said.

Mr Watter said his ex-wife had been using the two girls as pawns in a bitter custody dispute. “Isabella used to feel so horrible about it and would break out into tears at times. I wasn’t sure why she was so sad at the time but it soon became clear what was going on.”

Detective Senior Sergeant Dave Miles, of the Townsville Child Protection and Investigation Unit, said Crime Stoppers had received more than 100 tips, with most originating from the southeast Queensland and northern NSW area.

“We’ve had tips come in from Victoria, South Australia and NSW, as well as Queensland, but so far none of those leads have turned out to be concrete ones we could get moving on,” Sen-Sgt Miles said.

“The information we have received is that she has been supported by her family and friends while she’s been on the run.

“Her friends have helped her set up fake identities and helped her set up bank accounts from there.

“That is where it starts and from there it’s pretty easy to slip away.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/6d19dba3c233f024f16678db04c2f799

MULDER, GarAndMo49 and MissyMoo like this.
  2. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

I think they will be found one day, just a matter of time!!

MULDER and MissyMoo like this.
  3. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

http://www.friendsofcassiewatter.net/

This is an unusual step? her friends have created a www for her, with testimonials (no photos)
    I just hope she really did take off with the girls and all 3 are alive and well, there is no proof that her mates have actually done anything to aid her. Its been nearly four years, long time to keep a secret if thats even true.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    MULDER, Lily and GarAndMo49 like this.
  4. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

I dont think this is anything like it seems.

5. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

6. Gary

Gary New Member

No one saw michael watter drop his girls at school. No one saw the girls. No one saw his wife or her car. Despite there being people every where no one saw a thing. Does any one seriously believe after 3 years they are not all in shallow graves thanks to Michael Watter?

StandByMe, MULDER, Lily and 2 others like this.
  7. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Gary, welcome to Crimewatchers.
    I wanted to believe they had done a runner, they havent. He knows!

MULDER, Lily and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Yes, this post is certainly directed to the elephant in the room. :(

:welcome: @Gary

MULDER, Lily and MissyMoo like this.
  9. Gary

Gary New Member

The disappointing thing is that any forensic evidence proving they were all murdered 3 years ago is long gone. No doubt there'll be more 'leads' that go no where. But eventually the updates will slow, social media commentary will dry up and it will be one of those cold case missing persons where there was no conclusion. This one needs bodies...but you need to know where to dig.

Lily, MissyMoo and MULDER like this.
  10. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Lily likes this.
  11. StandByMe

StandByMe Unknown Member

So, I stumbled on this case on youtube of all places. There are "leaked" videos of the police interviews with Bronte and Isabella, as well as with the parents. Eye opening and mind-boggling. I'd post the link if I knew it was okay to do so....

Kimster and Lily like this.
  12. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

omg -- thanks for alerting to these, just so heartbreaking to see kids so messed up by their parents at that young age.

pretty sure the vids are ok, they're out there in the public eye now.

Kimster likes this.
  13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

jfc

Kimster likes this.
  14. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

The equally scary alternative is the mother deciding murder/suicide is a good solution to her problems. Sadly, both scenarios are all too common.

Let's just hope those girls are alive and well, wherever they are.

Kimster likes this.
  15. Kimster

There shouldn't be any problem posting them. I can't look now, but is that what Lily posted above?

16. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

That's just the mother's one, there's some with the kids as well.

Kimster likes this.
  17. Kimster

:cheers:

18. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

While some of what the kids say initially sounds really horrifically suspicious for the dad, it becomes very very clear in the end that these children have been coached by an adult -- just count as you watch, how many times clearly adult phrases jump into the kids' statements.

I don't think the cops have it wrong in this case, after watching these.

19. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

The dad also isn't displaying any red flags to me, in this interview, at all.

The 'leaked' videos are obviously from several years before the girls and thier mum vanished. And I had a very distinct feeling the mother was way more interested in being right than listening to what the police had to say, re her behaviour and its detriment to the children.

Is it me, or is there a feeling that the mother was influenced by other people?

20. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

It doesn't sound like any of these people, who say they know Cassie well, think she or the girls are dead.

http://www.friendsofcassiewatter.net/

All those testimonials to her character and ability to parent. Why do that for a person you think is in danger or dead?

Imamazed likes this.