1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA BRYCE LASPISA: Missing from Castaic Lake, CA - 29 August 2013 - Age 19

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by CatFancier, Apr 15, 2015.

1. CatFancier

CatFancier Feline

NOCLUE, GarAndMo49 and Kimster like this.
  2. CatFancier

CatFancier Feline

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Search continues, 2 years after Central grad vanished

A former Naperville resident who vanished two years ago in southern California has not yet been found, but his family isn't giving up hope.

Bryce Laspisa last spoke with his parents, Karen and Mike Laspisa, at about 2 a.m. on Aug. 30, 2013. The couple has said they think the then 19-year-old was on his way from Sierra College near Sacramento, where he was a student, to visit them at home in Laguna Niguel, midway between Los Angeles and San Diego, where they recently had moved from Naperville.

Police found Laspisa's 2003 Toyota Highlander about 5:30 a.m. that day, on its side at the bottom of a 15-foot ravine near Castaic Lake, with its back window shattered. Extensive searches in the weeks and months after his disappearance found no sign of the 2012 Naperville Central High School graduate.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...nvs-bryce-laspisa-st-0828-20150828-story.html

Facebook page - FIND BRYCE LASPISA - https://www.facebook.com/FINDBRYCELASPISA

4. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

Bryce haunts me; I so wish he'd be found.:sigh:

DaisyChains, NOCLUE and Kimster like this.
  5. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

2 years ago? I pray hes found

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Remains found near Lake Hughes are skull, jawbone

Homicide detectives haven’t determined the manner of death of the human remains discovered last weekend at a Lake Hughes-area campground, an investigator said Tuesday, but they do suspect the victim suffered “some sort of trauma.”

Among those missing is Bryce Laspisa, a 19-year-old college student who disappeared in 2013 during a road trip from Sierra College near Folsom Lake to his parents’ home in Laguna Niguel. Laspisa’s Toyota Highlander SUV was discovered abandoned near Castaic Lake.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/144448/

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh my... I will be surprised if this is Bryce. I've felt he may be alive after walking away from his old life...

DaisyChains, NOCLUE and MadgeS like this.
  8. Kimster

DaisyChains, spike, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  9. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

DaisyChains, spike and Kimster like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Investigation Discovery resurrects 'Disappeared' to profile unsolved Cold Cases

Fans of Investigation Discovery’s missing person series, Disappeared, demanded the true crime network bring back the series, and ID listened. Disappeared returns for a seventh season after a three-year hiatus, focusing on unsolved cases of loved ones who have gone missing, to try to stir up some fresh leads and new information to heat up these cold cases.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2933408/in...s-disappeared-to-profile-unsolved-cold-cases/

Missing persons featured this season: Jessica Heeringa, Tiffany Daniels, Bryce Laspisa, Tammy Kingery, Brian Histand, David Riemens, Rico Harris, Robert Hoagland, Brandy Hanna, Jennifer Kesse,
    Premiers April 11.

patsella, DaisyChains, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

13. Kimster

It's an interesting case. I still have contact information for someone who worked on the ground for this case. If we have questions, I'll send them a note and see if we're on the right track.

14. Kimster

Just finished watching the Disappeared episode. I didn't realize how many times he had been contacted in the Buttonwillow area just before his disappearance. After watching the show, I'm even more convinced he had some kind of a psychotic episode, whether it be the beginning of having bipolar issues because of his age, or because of some of the ADHD drug he had taken. He could very well be alive so let's keep his picture out there! His loved ones need to know what happened.

15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

@Kimster - Did you DVR the show or find it online? I keep checking the Investigation Discovery website but it doesn't look like they have any full Disappeared episodes up except for the first one on Jessica Heeringa. Was kind of hoping they'd upload them all since I don't have cable.

16. Kimster

I watched it via On Demand, which is a cable feature. :(

17. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

Reminds me of another case. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Leah_Roberts

her car was found wrecked. no sign of her at all. It is not known whether or not she walked away from that wreck to start a new life or if she met foul play. Some reported seeing a woman matching her description at a gas station not long after the wreck if memory serves correct. I hope Bryce is alive and is only missing b/c of some sort of breakdown and that he did not accidentally lead himself to death or meet foul play at the hands of another.

Though I think there is more evidence to suspect Leah ran away in contrast to Bryce's case. Still I'm 50/50 on what happened to Bryce.

18. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I first thought he left on his own, now I'm not sure.

GarAndMo49, Kimster and DaisyChains like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Three years and counting

When an unidentified body is found in Los Angeles County, Karen Laspisa phones a detective.

The mother questions the investigator, inquiring about the whereabouts of her son Bryce and if the corpse found was her boy.

For three years, the answer has been no.

“Bryce is in the database,” Laspisa said. “The DNA is there, the dental records are there, the fingerprints are there. If remains are found, we know he would be identified.”

Surrounded by mostly dead vegetation and golden tumbleweed, a newly erected billboard in Castaic still tells the story of how the lives of two parents were paused in 2013.

http://www.signalscv.com/section/36/article/156118/

[​IMG]

patsella, spike, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Remains found near Templin not those of Bryce Laspisa

A human skull and teeth found 10 weeks ago in a hilly rugged stretch of terrain near Templin Highway are not those of Bryce Laspisa who vanished four years ago.

When investigators revealed in May that they hoped dental work would lead them to the identity of victim, they received calls from the families of missing people, Ed Winter, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner, said Wednesday.

One of those calls to the coroner’s Special Operations Recovery team was from the Laspisa family, he said.

“The deceased had dental work, Laspisa does not,” Winter told The Signal Wednesday.

Next month will mark the four-year anniversary of his disappearance.

https://signalscv.com/2017/07/12/remains-found-near-templin-not-bryce-laspisa/

patsella, GarAndMo49, Kimster and 2 others like this.