1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OH BUCKSKIN GIRL JANE DOE: WF, 18-26, found near State Rt. 55 in OH - April 1981 *Marcia King*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Kimster, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

[​IMG]

1981 - Troy, Ohio

"Buckskin Girl"

On April 24, 1981, this young woman's body was found on Greenlee Road near State Route 55 in rural Miami County, Ohio. A coroner's report revealed that she died of strangulation. She also had suffered blows to the head and neck, and evidence indicated that the body was transported to the scene from another location.

She was fully clothed, except that she had bare feet. Her reddish brown hair was braided into double pigtails. She was wearing Wrangler blue jeans, a size 32D bra, a brown and orange patterned turtleneck sweater, and a handmade buckskin jacket.

Because of her unique jacket, she has come to be known by the nickname "Buckskin girl".

Although there were several female hitchhikers who had been murdered and left on roadsides around that time, authorities are not convinced that she was a wanderer/hitchhiker. Her body was left about five miles from the nearest major highway (I-75), unlike most hitchhiker victims, who were ordinarily left right at or near the highway. In addition, she was clean and very well groomed, and did not appear to have been on the road for very long.

She was between 18 and 26 years old, stood between 5'4" to 5'6" tall, and weighed 130 lbs. Her teeth were in excellent condition. Her only dental work was a root canal and crown on her upper right front tooth (#8).

She had a horizontal scar, about an 1 1/2 inches long, under her lower lip.

34 years later, "Buckskin Girl" remains UNIDENTIFIED. (written by Carl Koppelman)

[​IMG]

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...amily-wants-to-know-what-happened-to-her.618/

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Akoya, Dama, Takeitfromme and 2 others like this.
  2. Kimster

Notice the horizontal scar under her bottom lip. That's a very important clue to her identity!

samantha oshea, Akoya, Dama and 3 others like this.
  3. Kimster

4. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

Bc it's been difficult to find any match for this UID for some time I've been wondering about the possibility of Buckskin Jane Doe having grown up Amish. OH has large Amish communities as well as the states surrounding it. The way her hair is braided reminds me of how Amish girls many times keep their hair tight in a French braid style so it stays under their bonnet better. She is around the age that many young people have recently left the community for Rumspringa. If she had originally come from a very orthodox Amish community perhaps she had been shunned or they simply thought she decided not to return after Rumspringa after turning 18 and going off into the secular world.

I'm not sure if the Amish registered birth records with the state back then or what.

Information about the Troy Amish of Troy, OH. Troy OH is where the UID was found. This sect seems pretty strict.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  5. Kimster

What a fresh theory! I remember in the seventies we girls wore our hair in braids a lot and I attributed her braids to that. However by 198, it wasn't quite so popular. Then again, she was wearing buckskin clothes.

I like that you're thinking out of the box and since I've never been to that area, the Amish would have never come to my mind! Do the Amish ever report their people as missing? Or do they assume they fell into the abyss of the modernized world when they disappear?

Akoya, Dama, Advocate and 1 other person like this.
  6. DaisyChains

What is interesting too is the buckskin jacket was handmade which makes me think all the more Amish bc the girls learn very young how to sew! Maybe she made it for herself :)

I'm not sure if they report people missing or not. Im sure in many cases, especially back then, probably not. I think if an Amish youth left after Rumspringa the family assumed they decided to not come back. Once the go they typically never go back to visit. However, many kids end up living somewhat close to home outside of the community with other people who decided to leave as well. They meet up on the "outside" so to speak. I'm still learning a lot about it.

I'm thinking maybe she lived locally and had once been an Amish youth. her trauma is so personalized and rage filled that it makes me think her death was a domestic dispute or her murderer knew her very well. So maybe she had met and lived with a man she met after Rumspringa and he eventually murdered her.

If she is as old as 25 that means she could have left the Amish community around 1971-1972 when she was 15-16 years old, the age you go through Rumspringa.

i wonder if she has any cousins/siblings who left the community after Rumspringa who can't find her on the outside and are wondering where she ended up ... Hm.

Just realized I still am friends with my exes parents who grew up one Mennonite and one Amish. Both left after Rumspringa. I'll try and get in touch with them to ask what customs are for the missing, if any, in their respective communities.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  7. DaisyChains

In fact my exes parents are from The Ohio Amish/Mennonite community and would have been around the same age as Buckskin Jane Doe! I'll show them her picture too and will see what they say/if they recognize her.

8. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

When BG gets identified, I will be surprised if she wasn't known to ride (or on) motorcycles; probably into horses too. That was my 1st impression of her with the high neck shirt & buckskin pullover along with the braids. We always wore braids under our helmets.

Dama, Kimster and DaisyChains like this.
  9. DaisyChains

Very interesting theory and its very probable given that time period and the scary motorcycle gangs rolling around back then IMHO.

However She didn't have riding shoes/boots on. She was found barefoot.

Though it's not entirely impossible that whoever killed her could have removed her footwear bc the footwear might have given a clue to the culture the victim was into. Or her shoes could have came off when she was dragged from somewhere. Idk.

10. DaisyChains

Btw update on this - they seemed to not recognize her bc they were from Holmes County Amish, but they did indicate that her features were very Amish/Swiss like. We didn't have much time to talk unfortunately bc subjects shifted to a family member of theirs recently being diagnosed with a brain tumor. Would have been inappropriate to ask further about another subject.

11. Kimster

Boots can be spendy- another reason to keep them.

12. DaisyChains

Totally! Great theory as well!

Strange... No shoes. Hm.

13. DaisyChains

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pretorius_sharon.html

Sharon already has DNA submitted and complete, but her choice of hairstyle, age, and location of Ohio as well as general physical appearance interested me. Especially if she was abducted at 13 and not found until she was in her early 20's.

Attached Files:

14. DaisyChains

Attached Files:

Dama and Advocate like this.
  15. DaisyChains

Gonna keep looking at Ohio missing only. Will only include missing persons without DNA or DNA still pending.

16. Kimster

samantha oshea, Akoya, Dama and 2 others like this.
  17. DaisyChains

I agree. I looked back at the coroner photo and realized I was thinking of a different UID. Been a long day over here. Woops. I need to look at the UIDs pic more and brush up on the case when I have time soon, but for now back to life. Night yall ❤️

Dama, Advocate and Kimster like this.
  18. Kimster

Nighters ♡Daisychains. :blowkiss:

Dama, Advocate and DaisyChains like this.
  19. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Album on Never Forget Me - Buck Skin Girl Troy Ohio- April 24, 1981

Buckskin jacket key to solving cold case

The next to last link I left handmade top; the gal on the right is a very dear friend of mine; like a sister to me. She also looks like BG

The shoes could have matched her outfit; some thought she was into the Indian scene in OH. No matter what shoes, boots or even moccasins; she still could have been on a bike. I've always felt her shoes were removed because that would tie in to what she did, whether motorcycles, horses or Indian scene.

Indian related - There are 2 festivals where people dress like this, The Heritage Festival outside Piqua, OH on Labor Day weekend and The Fort Rowdy Gathering in Covington, OH, believed also to be in the fall. These are both in Miami County and both have mountain men and Indian encampments and re-enactments.

I have wondered if they were heading home from spring break. I-75 heads straight down to the Tampa/Clearwater area.
    I have also wondered about NASCAR.
    1981 Daytona 500 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia was 02/15/81

1981 Nascar schedule

4/12/1981 Darlington, SC 04/26/81 Martinsville, VA

April 19, 1981 (Sunday)

On Easter Sunday, Christian militia forces in Lebanon shelled the predominantly Muslim city of Sidon, killing 16 residents and injuring 60.[39] On the same day, members of the New People's Army, the military branch of the illegal Communist Party of the Philippines threw several hand grenades into a church at Davao City, killing 13 worshipers and injuring 177.[40][41]
    Born: Hayden Christensen, Canadian actor best known for portrayal of Anakin Skywalker in Episodes II and III of Star Wars, in Vancouver; Troy Polamalu, American NFL player, in Garden Grove, CA; and Catalina Sandino Moreno, Colombian-born film actress, (Maria Full of Grace), in Bogotá;

[​IMG]

Dama, Kimster and DaisyChains like this.
  20. DaisyChains

Attached Files:

Dama, Advocate and Kimster like this.