1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

BURGER CHEF MURDERS: 4 Indiana employees abducted & murdered - 1978

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Imamazed, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

State Police now want anyone worked at or frequented the Burger Chef in Plainfield on US 40 and Dan Jones Road in the mid-1970's to share information that may help solve this cold case.

Call Indiana State Police to share tips. The number is 317-899-8508.

spike and Uno2Much like this.
  2. Glace Entertainment PR

Glace Entertainment PR Glace Entertainment Public Relations

From Toni's Social Media Post Today As She Officially Started Researching:
    "I just got off the phone with the Communications Officer for ISP discussing #BurgerChefMurders. I am very thankful that I will have their cooperation. Allowing access to the case file and photos etc. will be a huge help ✔! There are so many theories and possibilities in this case and so much information that I now see why it has been unsolved. It is also why I am approaching it from a reconstruction aspect. Taking it step-by-step as it happened factually NOT what people have alluded to over the years. I'm looking forward to putting together this labyrinth of a puzzle and getting to know the people that this crime affected. So far across the internet and globe I have received an outpouring of people giving me information and sharing their stories and I'm elated to be part of it. There are many people who choose to investigate crimes from a very "cold" standpoint involving no emotion...I am not one of those people and I'm proud to not be." - Toni Embry

Attached Files:

3. Glace Entertainment PR

Toni's Social Media Poat From Today (day 2 of investigation)

I started victimology profiling the #BurgerChefMurders today. I think that soooo much of this case EARLY ON was a TON of assumption ✔. Victimology is always the hardest part of case review for me. I think it is because it is the part of the case that humanizes the case. It is the part of the case where you see the impact of the crime. Though this is the hard part emotionally, this is the part that fuels the rest of the investigation for me. By humanizing it I see that the victims are human, whereas before they were a case #. Now the drive to investigate is more personal ❤! - Toni Embry - Posted By Social Media Team GlacePR

Attached Files:

Uno2Much and Kimster like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Focusing on the victims was the reason I was unable to put an Ann Rule book down.

spike and Glace Entertainment PR like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That's not too far from you and they were about your age at the time, weren't they?

spike and Glace Entertainment PR like this.
  6. Imamazed

Yes, very close to me, like 10-15 minutes away and I was 21 yrs. old.

7. Glace Entertainment PR

Do you remember what it was like hearing/watching/reading this story unfold? What happened in the community after as far as the way people reacted? We would love your first have knowledge if you do not mind sharing? - Toni ❤

Kimster likes this.
  8. Imamazed

I worked at our family business and was really scared because of no one ever getting caught. Most people I talked to felt it was a robbery, which worried me even more since we were so close to the area. It always disturbed me that these young people were taken from the restaurant and killed elsewhere. It was such along time ago I don't remember a lot just the fear of thinking about them being taken and murdered. I couldn't and still don't understand why they would do that. Why not just take the money?

Kimster, Uno2Much and spike like this.