1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Carjackers captured after children dumped along freezing roads

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, Jan 19, 2018.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

ATLANTA area

Authorities have captured two people they say stole an SUV with two children inside before abandoning them in below freezing temperatures.

Khyree Swift and an unidentified 16-year-old have both been charged with kidnapping, the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office said. Investigators said they tracked a stolen iPad to the home of one of the suspects.*

Both are accused of taking Precious Wilmer’s 2009 Chevy Equinox about 5 p.m. Wednesday from a QuikTrip on Riverdale Road.

Wilmer left 1-month-old Ava Wilmer and 4-year-old Arya Davenport in the SUV with the engine running while she went inside the convenience store. She came out of the store and saw her car being driven away with her children in the back seat, police said.

The girls were later found miles apart. Arya walking down the shoulder of a roadway near I-285 and Riverdale Road. Ava was found in the middle of South Fulton Parkway still strapped in her car seat. At the time, the temperature was in the 20s, but it felt like the single digits. The children appeared to be OK, but were taken to a hospital as a precaution.

Atlanta police later located the stolen SUV on Metropolitan Parkway.

In addition to kidnapping, Swift faces charges of theft by receiving stolen property, cruelty to children in the first degree and theft by taking.

Here is the face of someone who dumped 2 babies out in the freezing cold, so he could use their mom's car on a thrill ride.
    [​IMG]

* add them to the list of less than brilliant crooks

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...-along-freezing-roads/dkduvlx0ViAmK9CscbTTtK/

arraignment video
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clayton-county/arrests-made-in-car-theft-with-baby-inside/686176837

Mother thanks Channel 2 photographer who helped find missing baby
    The Georgia State University police chief found the 4-year-old, Arya, close to the gas station. "There are no homes. There's no safety there at all and out there on the icy roads with cars going by; we're just lucky now that poor child wasn't killed," Chief Joseph Spillane said.

Spillane said his wife was driving him to the airport when he saw the stolen car run a red light. He thought it was a driver who lost control because of the ice. Farther down the road, they saw Arya in distress with one shoe missing. "She said, 'Somebody took my mama's truck and my little sister is inside,'" Spillane said. "She was obviously upset and crying and really worried about her little sister."

After a massive search, her sister, named Ava, was recovered a few hours later when Channel 2 Action News photographer Brian Ferguson spotted the infant on the side of the road on South Fulton Parkway.

"When I had both of them back I was just happy," the children's mother, Precious Wilmer, said. "I held them all night, literally."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cla...ed-of-stealing-car-with-kids-inside/685777802

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The very first episode of America's Most Wanted was about a carjacker who threw a baby in the snow. The baby died. I can't tell you the details because to this day, I can't bear to repeat them.

3. spike

spike Bronze Member

IMO

Here...sit in this chair..
    NOW!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzztttttttttt

If we don't stop the horrific treatment of babies and children in this country, there is no hope.

These THUGS have no feelings, no empathy.
    Watch some weasel judge slap their hands and put them right back on the streets.

4. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Both of them should have the key thrown away after they're locked up.

Uno2Much, Paradise, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

We think alike sista - except before warming them up- zzzzzt- I would cool them down - like sitting out in 20* cold for a bit. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot were those 2 guys thinking? Do they have little brothers & sisters? what am I saying - they probably have kids of their own. What they don't have is heart & soul.

Paradise, Kimster and spike like this.
  6. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

whatcha bet they both have priors?

7. spike

spike Bronze Member

Too kind.
    Too easy.

Paradise likes this.