1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CARLY DAWN MCBRIDE: Missing from Muswellbrook, NSW - 30 September 2014 - Age 31 *Found deceased*

Discussion in 'Australia: Crimes & Trials' started by MarlyWings, Jun 9, 2015.

1. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

NSW Police Force

Missing woman’s parents join police in renewed appeal for inform.

The parents of a woman missing from the Hunter region have joined police in a renewed appeal for information about her suspicious disappearance.

Carly Dawn McBride, 31, was last seen on Calgaroo Avenue at Muswellbrook about 2pm on Tuesday 30 September 2014.

Officers from Hunter Valley Local Area Command were alerted when she failed to return to her Belmont home, and couldn’t be located or contacted.

Carly, who is a mother of two children, has not been heard from since.

Detectives formed Strike Force Karabi to investigate Carly’s disappearance. This has included extensive searches of bushland and waterways around Muswellbrook.

Police inquires to date suggest Carly met with foul play.

“We’re treating this as a homicide investigation,” Hunter Valley Local Area Command Crime manager, Detective Inspector Tim Seymour, said.

“While we have made significant headway, we still have more lines of inquiry to pursue,” he said.

“Many people have already come forward to give us statements about Carly’s disappearance, but we strongly believe the community holds more information that has not yet been given to police.

“If you know something, say something; even the smallest piece of information could make a big difference to our investigation,” Det Insp Seymour said.

Carly’s parents, Steve McBride and Lorraine Williams, have today (Tuesday 9 June 2015) joined police in this renewed appeal for information.

“It’s devastating not knowing what happened to Carly,” Steve said.
    “We’re hoping that after today, someone remembers something, and gets in touch with police,” he said.

“Carly was a wonderful person – a free spirit with a bubbly personality, and a terrific mother to her two children,” Lorraine said.

“I miss talking to her; I miss her voice and her big belly laugh.

“We need to know what happened to Carly, so please, if you know something, contact the police,” Lorraine said.

Carly McBride is described as being of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander appearance, about 165cm to 175cm tall, with a thin build, brown hair and brown eyes.

Police are urging anyone with information in relation to the incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/ Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/carly-dawn-mcbride-missing-from-australia.340/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2015
    noZme, STEADFAST, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  2. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

3. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Carly is still missing 6 months now according to registers to date @MarlyWings :sigh: long time missing for a mother of two youngens for sure :( whats next for this case i do wonder?
    apologies 8 months​

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  4. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

5. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

MarlyWings and Kimster like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Very sad!

She has twelve thousand likes on that Facebook! That's a lot for a missing person Facebook page.

FORCEMAN, MarlyWings and MissyMoo like this.
  7. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Did Carly McBride's killer close her Facebook account? Police hunting for missing 31-year-old want Facebook to trace who deleted her page 24 hours after she disappeared

7 August 2015

Detectives hunting for missing mother Carly McBride have called the US Department of Justice to negotiate with Facebook headquarters in California to trace who shut down the 31-year-old's Facebook page just 24 hours after she vanished.

Police believe the 'loving and caring' woman was murdered. She was last seen in the Hunter Valley regional town of Muswellbrook, 240km north of Sydney around 12.30pm on September 30 last year.

Police estimate Ms McBride's Facebook page was deleted a day later by a person or persons unknown, which they regard as 'hugely suspicious' and have asked for anyone who communicated with her via Facebook in the days before her disappearance come forward.

They believe the person who deleted the Facebook page could provide vital information about Ms McBride's whereabouts, and about what happened to her.

Hunter Valley Local Area Command and Homicide Squad detectives who have set up Strike Force Karabi to investigate the Carly McBride case have called the US justice authorities, who regularly use analytic assessment of social media to investigate gangs, extremist groups and other criminal activity, News Corp reported.

'It’s quite a complex process, so there’s a number of steps we need to go through here ... first, and ultimately it goes over into the hands of the US authorities which is where it’s at now,' said strike force commander Detective Sergeant Ian Wright.

Facebook data analysis is done at the company's headquarters in Menlo Park, California, but Det Sgt Wright said Ms McBride's Facebook friends could help NSW police.

'We’re asking if anyone may have been in contact with Carly via Facebook or any other social media in the days leading up to her disappearance - if anyone noticed anything unusual - if they could come forward and let us know,' he said.

'Given the timing of the Facebook page being shut down ... and in the context of the disappearance, we think it’s hugely suspicious but it’s also something that could hold some vital information about what happened to Carly.

Strike Force Karabi has identified several persons of interest in the case and Det Sgt Wright urged anyone with information to contact Hunter Valley police, or ring Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3187711/Did-killer-shut-murdered-mother-s-Facebook-account-24-hours-disappeared-Police-want-Facebook-man-deleted-it.html#ixzz3ibZvFdlA

8. Kimster

Wouldn't they have asked Facebook for the IP number? That would be a start!

9. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

It will be solved soon I believe. Karabi

Justice

Kimster and MarlyWings like this.
  10. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

11. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

Hi FORCEMAN and welcome to CrimeWatchers!

I sure hope you're right and the case is solved soon! Over a year now since Carly went missing.

noZme and Kimster like this.
  12. Kimster

:welcome:

Good to have you with us!

:cheers:

noZme and MarlyWings like this.
  13. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

Carly had a former partner before she was with sayle. And it was a colourful one believe me.... Very intelligent man he is.. Has not been spoken too by authorities as yet.... Interesting...... And don't be thrown by astrology......

14. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

Do you know Carly kimster

15. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

SOMETHING didn’t feel quite right to Sayle Newson the September day when he dropped off his partner, Carly McBride, to visit her young daughter in the NSW Hunter Valley.

Perhaps it was the fact Ms McBride had told him that morning she feared that something bad was going to happen.

Maybe it was that things didn’t go quite like they usually did when he said goodbye.

Mr Newson told The Daily Telegraph yesterday that he dated the 31-year-old since June after meeting her at the start of 2013.
    [​IMG]
    By the time she went missing on the afternoon of September 30, the pair spent most days together. And once a week, they would drive up from the home she shared with a friend in Lake Macquarie to visit her three-year-old daughter, who had been living with the girl’s father in Muswellbrook in the Hunter Valley.

After turbulent recent times, Ms McBride was poised to resume custody of her daughter, and an older son to a different previous partner.

“It would be exactly the same thing every time. I would drop her off, she would get out and go to the front door, she would have her daughter in her arms and turn around and wave me off,” Mr Newson said.

“It would be exactly the same thing every time. I would drop her off, she would get out and go to the front door, she would have her daughter in her arms and turn around and wave me off,” Mr Newson said.

“She would ring me twice and text me twice every visit to let me know she was OK.”

“But on that day I dropped her off about 12.30pm and things were just different. And I didn’t hear from her again — not a thing. I texted her, I called her, but the phone just rang out.”

Mr Newson said he turned up at the house about 4.30pm as usual to pick up Ms McBride, only to be told by her ex that she had left after an argument earlier that afternoon and headed on foot towards a McDonald’s restaurant about 2km away.

But staff at McDonald’s never saw her.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ley-in-september/story-fni0cx12-1227172100505

MadgeS likes this.
  16. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

That's maybe because she had made plans to meet up with someone else. And the argument could of been staged to leave before her current boyfriend s could pick her up. meet up with someone else. And maybe that's why her facebook account was deleted cause all contact between the 2 was there... She was with a different person all 2014 up to June. And he was in hospital that I know of till 23-09-2014 and in western Australia October 10 2014 that I can confirm. Maybe he returned earlier not sure. I know his birthday was the day prior to her vanishing.

17. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

Things never felt right cause she had planned leaving him and taking off with someone else. She was probably verbally emotionally black mailed and promised the world and a holiday. And when it was time to depart caused jealousy rage murder maybe.

18. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Forceman, I'm finding it a bit hard to follow along with what you're saying -- do you mean there was a 3rd guy involved? Not Sayle or the ex? And this was who she went to see at McDonalds? Was this the person in hospital, etc, or did you mean Sayle? When you say "planning on leaving him -- do you mean she was leaving Sayle for this 3rd person? Sorry, it's just a bit confusing.

A bit of background on Sayle:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...raid-duo-remanded-in-jail-20130702-2pakn.html

19. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

Drew is not her recent ex

20. FORCEMAN

FORCEMAN New Member

I know his background I am close to the ongoing investigation nothing that the media has I haven't seen but I appreciate the link but I have seen them all and I have my own person of interest.