1. WISCONSIN: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who was determined to be missing after her parents were found murdered in Barron, WI.
    There is currently no suspect or vehicle information, but Jayme's life is believed to be in extreme danger.
    Click HERE for more information

Dismiss Notice
  2. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CAROL RYAN: Brutally murdered in Jamesville, NY - 1 Sept 1996

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Scorpio, Oct 10, 2018 at 2:09 AM.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

[​IMG]

http://www.wrvo.org/post/police-shine-light-20-year-old-cold-case

The last time anyone reported seeing 42-year-old Carol Ryan alive was Sept. 1, 1996, after she left a bar in the Eastwood neighborhood of Syracuse to walk to her apartment. She was found several hours later near the Jamesville Reservoir, nearly dead, after being badly beaten, and having an explosive detonated in her pelvis.

Kimster likes this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/inde..._jamesville_murder_unsolved_after_20_yea.html

After 20 years, CNY woman's brutal murder remains unsolved

JAMESVILLE, N.Y. -- When a fisherman found Carol Ryan naked and face-down in Jamesville on Sept. 1, 1996, he thought she had been shot. She was barely alive in the driveway of the Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency's driveway.

Ryan, 42, had been fatally wounded in an unimaginable manner: Someone had inserted an explosive device into her vagina and detonated it.

She was rushed to a Syracuse hospital, where she died five hours later. And 20 years later, her murder remains unsolved.

Ryan spent her last night alive at the East Room bar in Eastwood. She stayed until the bar closed at 2 a.m. -- extending an open invitation for breakfast to anyone who was interested.

Ryan left the bar alone. And hours later, she was fatally wounded and left to die near a county resource recovery site off of Route 91.

After Ryan's death, investigators conducted hundreds of interviews and tracked a host of leads. Two of her loved ones -- her son, Shawn Hamilton, and her sister, Kathy Lane -- have joined investigators in seeking justice for Ryan, hanging up posters and working to ensure her death was not forgotten.

Two decades later, no arrests have been made.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 2:22 AM
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/authorities-to-discuss-1996-cold-case-murder-of-carol-ryan

$10k reward offered for tips in cold case murder of Carol Ryan

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Investigators are offering a $10,000 reward for any tips that lead to an arrest and conviction in the cold case murder of Carol Ryan.

Ryan was last seen on September 1, 1996 at 2 a.m. leaving the East Room Bar off of James Street before she was found beaten, tortured and left to die on Route 91 in Jamesville. Investigators say someone planted an explosive device inside her and detonated it.

Ryan died at the hospital from her injuries after five hours of surgery.

Detectives are hoping with the passage of time someone will be willing to come forward with information that may be the key to solving the cold case and help bring a sense of closure to the Ryan family. During a news conference on Wednesday, Ryan's son made a plea for someone to come forward with information that could help solve his mother's murder.

"Just help my family," said Shawn Hamilton. "I have three kids now. They are always asking questions about who their grandmother is, how she died. They are absolutely the hardest questions I have ever been asked in my life."

Investigators are also hoping modern technology can help take a tip and turn it into the key that breaks open the case.

"The Forensic Science Center has been there every step of the way since we formed the Cold Case Task Force," said Chief Assistant District Attorney Rick Trunfio. "They have been reviewing evidence. We were just there a couple weeks ago with the detectives going over things. What are the new technologies, what are the new possibilities."

Anyone with information is asked to call the Onondaga County Sheriff's Office at 315-435-3051.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018 at 2:21 AM
  4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

What a horrible and brutal killing! And I can't believe she was still alive when they found her. I really hope they can find this killer. It sounds very personal!

Scorpio likes this.
  6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

The person who did this is a monster. I’ve never heard of a homicide victim being killed in this way, I totally agree that this was a very personal crime.

Kimster likes this.