1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NC CASEY HATHAWAY: Missing from Craven County, NC - 22 Jan 2019 - Age 3 *Found Alive*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Paradise, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

BREAKING: 3-year-old Casey Hathaway missing in Craven County, North Carolina
    [​IMG]

A 3-year-old has been reported missing in Craven County, North Carolina.

Police are looking for 3-year-oldCasey Hathaway.

Hathaway was reported missing Tuesday afternoon after his grandmother, Melissa Stilley Cahoonsaid she was watching a group of kids, two of which came inside while Hathaway stayed outside, according to Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes.

The family looked for the 3-year-old on Toler Road in Ernul, NC for about 45 minutes before dialing 911.

Hathaway was last seen wearing a blue-colored coat and dark pants.

He was not dressed for the cold, according to Sheriff Hughes.

The FBI has joined the search and investigation along with Craven County Sherriff’s Office, N.C. State Highway Patrol, New Bern Police Department, Pamlico County Sheriff’s Office K9’s, NC Wildlife Resources, and the SBI.

True Justice Warriors, an organization that helps find missing children have started a Facebookgroup to help locate the missing 3-year old. (Click HERE to join)

Follow Gerald Jackson@GeraldJBlessed and The North Carolina Beat @TheNCBeat on Twitter for around the clock updates on this developing story!

https://thencbeat.com/breaking-3-year-old-casey-hathaway-missing-in-craven-county-north-carolina/

Tammy, noZme, ima.grandma and 6 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Update: Searchers seek a missing toddler: ‘We are not giving up’

Concerns are growing for a 3-year-old boy who reportedly wandered into the woods Tuesday afternoon at 200 Toler Road on the border of Craven and Pamlico counties.

Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes, who is heading the search for the child, said the boy was reported missing at 1:45 p.m., but he had already been missing a half an hour or more at that point.

Hughes said the boy, who has not been identified, was being watched by his grandmother along with two other children.

“Two came inside,” Hughes said the grandmother told him and she assumed the third child had come in as well. She didn’t realize he was missing until half an hour had gone by.

The child’s clothing is a special concern as the weather is cold and is expected to turn colder as the night comes in, with temperatures expected to drop to 30 degrees by 9 p.m.

Hughes said the search is a difficult one – the area is densely wooded and spotted with pools of water.

“Our concern is, we are running out of light and it is cold outside. There are so many pockets of water and sinkholes, some of my deputies have come in up to here,” he said pointing to mid thigh to illustrate the depth of the sinkholes.

Hughes has called his whole department to take part in the search and said he is being assisted by 10-15 NC Highway Patrolmen.

Highway Patrol provided a helicopter with Forward-looking infrared (FLIR) camera, which picks up heat sources.

Pamlico Sheriff’s Department and New Bern Police have brought in dogs to assist in the search. Searchers include at least two fire departments, family and local residents who are searching the woods in a grid pattern.

“My biggest concern are those sinkholes and water,” he said.

Hughes asked that anyone in the area who sees anything unusual or suspicious call and report it.

“We’ve got a large area to cover, a lot of woods,”

https://www.jdnews.com/news/20190122/update-searchers-seek-missing-toddler-we-are-not-giving-up

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

More than 100 volunteers join search for missing 3-year-old in Craven County

Authorities are searching for a toddler reported missing Tuesday afternoon.

"It's a stressful time for the family and everybody involved," Hughes said. "But I can tell you we are certainly doing our due diligence, spending a lot of time with them and just sorting through all the different stories. And as calls come in, and we've had a number of them about things they've heard in the woods, none of them have panned out yet. But every lead we are following and going straight to it."

A helicopter with heat-seeking technology was being used to look for the boy and more than 100 volunteers were helping law enforcement agencies.

Drones were being used as well, and authorities said they are not turning down anyone who wants to assist in the search.

"We are not leaving here until we bring some closure to this family," said Hughes. "And, hopefully, it will be a positive, end on a positive note."

https://www.wnct.com/news/local-new...issing-3-year-old-in-craven-county/1716726063

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing child poster issued for 3-year-old Casey Hathaway

A missing person poster have been issued for a 3-year-old boy officials are searching for in the Ernul area of Craven County.

Officials said Casey Hathaway went missing from his grandmother's home around 1:45 p.m. Tuesday. Hathaway was playing with two other children. He was discovered missing when the two children came inside.

https://wcti12.com/news/local/authorities-searching-for-missing-3-year-old-in-craven-county

[​IMG]

Tammy, noZme, ima.grandma and 5 others like this.
  5. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

this boy is so adorable!

I am so worried about him being outside in the cold elements!

Hope he is found ASAP! :praying:

Tammy, MrsS, noZme and 7 others like this.
  6. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

7. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Oh my... sweet little guy. So cold out there for him.

Tammy, MrsS, noZme and 4 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Day 2: In search for 3-year-old Casey Hathaway

The search went on through the night and, on Wednesday morning, new searchers were organized and sent out at 7:30 a.m.

Aurora Road, which the dirt Tolder Road breaks off of, was lined with dozens of cars for about a quarter mile, while emergency vehicles and a field command unit were parked up and down Toler Road.

Searchers were seen wandering through woods and yards, looking in empty cars and under debris for any sign of the boy.

A post on the sheriff’s Facebook page asked residents in the area to check storage sheds, vehicles and their property for the child. If you have any information, you are asked to call the sheriff’s office at 252-636-6620.

‘Emergency search’ for 3-year-old who went missing from grandmother’s home in NC

Casey Lynn Hathaway was reported missing around 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday. Officials believe the boy walked into the woods behind his grandmother’s home.

“I don’t think the child was adequately clothed to be out in this,” Sheriff Chris Hughes told WBTV.

“Residents living in the area are asked to check storage sheds, vehicles, and their property for the child,” deputies posted on Facebook.

Dozens of volunteers gathered early Wednesday to help search for the boy. The FBI and SBI are assisting in the search.

https://wreg.com/2019/01/23/emergen...ho-went-missing-from-grandmothers-home-in-nc/

[​IMG]

Tammy, NOCLUE, noZme and 6 others like this.
  9. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Are those sewage ponds next to the property?!:eek:

Capture.PNG

10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

If they are, they MUST be secured, wouldn't they be?

11. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

I’m so concerned for this little boy.

12. ima.grandma

13. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

In North Carolina a permit is required for new development contractors to create one.

However, no local or state laws require fencing, at least based on my knowledge. Private land homeowners aren't required by any laws either to secure the perimeter of the pond.

The ponds that do have secure fencing is typically because they are located within close proximity to a school. (liability)

Link

14. Kimster

15. ima.grandma

[​IMG]
    “We are doing everything we can to find this child, utilizing all resources at our disposal and once again, we want these folks in the Cayton community and Ernul community to certainly keep an ear out," said Hughes. "We've got well over 100 volunteers that have come here."

There are currently law enforcement officers from the Craven County Sheriff's Office, the North Carolina Highway Patrol and other organizations searching for Hathaway.

A Highway Patrol helicopter with a heat-seeking camera and a Marine Fisheries airplane was brought in as well. Temperatures were below freezing for 6 hours overnight in the Craven County area, according to National Weather Service data.

Hughes said the SBI and FBI were also called to help.

Anyone with information can call the sheriff’s office at 252-633-0498 or the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation at 919-662-4500.
    https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/d...ho-vanished-from-grandmother-s-home/908623877

I make no judgement. It is disconcerting how many youngsters disappear from a grandma’s care. This makes my heart hurt.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  16. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

18. ima.grandma

Thanks for the update. I’m glad they are focusing on efficient and fruitful organization.
    I keep wondering what a three year old would do when scared and by themselves in the cold. Where would they try to find warmth? Could he be huddled below a tree or underneath bushes? Does anyone remember little Noah Chamberlain and exactly where he was eventually found?

19. Kimster

All I could gather was that he was found in a clearing.

Tammy, NOCLUE, noZme and 5 others like this.
  20. ima.grandma

Thanks Kimmy. He was immediately on my mind when I heard about Casey cause I think he was also three years old and wandered off from his grandma in the cold. What I also remember is that the grandma and her family were under suspicion and suffered accusations from their small community. Even after little Noah was found, there were many people saying he had been placed in a freezer after death and then deposited where he was found. It was terrible for his family. People can be so mean. I hope Casey’s grandma has positive support. Have Casey’s parents been mentioned yet? And then, it seems like a little girl went missing from her grandparents home around the same time, I think. She was found safe in a field but I don’t remember her name. My memory’s not as clear as it used to be. Many apologies for my failure to remember details.

Tammy, MrsS, NOCLUE and 5 others like this.