1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CATHERINE CESNIK: Nun murdered in Baltimore, MD - 1969

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Ladyslug, May 20, 2017.

1. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

[​IMG]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-deman...ter-cathy-everything-need-know-netflixs-true/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isly-unsolved-murder-Sister-Cathy-Cesnik.html

Five decades after the murder of Sister Cathy Cesnik, The Keepers has hurled the cold case back into the national spotlight. The nun was killed in 1969, her body found in 1970, and her assailant never formally identified. The investigation has persisted, but information has been sparse throughout the intervening years. Now, just as Keepers debuts on Netflix, updates in the Sister Cathy murder case carry things right up to 2017.

Watching the docu series now it is very interesting.

Mel70, Kimster and spike like this.
  2. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

The first episode also mentions another person Joyce Maleki who went missing a few days after sister Cathy who's body was found in a few days unlike Cathy's who wasn't found till nearly 2 months later,
    Both women went missing from shopping areas and there cars were found near there homes but not in usual places

spike likes this.
  3. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

The Keepers review: spotlight on a serial

The Keepers is literally the best thing I have ever watched. I love watching films and documentaries about murder. There is nothing that I would prefer to do. A well-made murder documentary is, to me, what a Fabergé egg must be to an art dealer, or a signet ring to a Pitt Club member.

The Keepers is distressing, harrowing and, fundamentally, just scary. It is a documentary which explores the 1969 murder of an American nun, Catherine Cesnik, although it has a much wider scope as the murder is inextricably connected to the crimes and illicit behavior of the Baltimore Police, the Catholic Church, and, indeed, the Maryland state government. Just looking at the image of Sister Cesnik on the content cover sends an ice-cold chill down by spine.

Through its seven episodes, The Keeper draws a spider-web of despicable and widespread crime: Cathy Cesnik was the unfortunate centre of a wide-reaching array of state and church-led crime. The Keeper reveals an almost unbelievable scale and depth of sickening human behaviour and truly makes one question how such a quantity of horrific crimes could remain suppressed for so long.

https://www.varsity.co.uk/film-and-tv/14083

@Ladyslug Did you finish the series? What did you think? I'm going to try to watch it tomorrow.

5. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

Yes I did finish watching it
    It was well made and very intreasting
    In alot of ways though it left with more questions than it started with.

6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Now my interest is piqued. I may watch it today, too.

7. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

UGH! Nope...I guess. $$$ for "Netflix". I WANT TO SEE IT TOO! Stupid __@^&^/==

8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

O.K. This is Gross, But it says She was found "Frozen, Face covered in Maggots" if She was Frozen, I personally have never heard of them feeding on a "Frozen" Body. It's not a Key to the Case. It just stood out to me as Strange. IDK.