1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NC CHRISTMAS JANE DOE: BF, 4-7, found by hunters behind I-95 rest area - Day after Christmas 1983

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1989' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Dec 28, 2016.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

This Jane Doe was found on December 26, 1983 in Northampton County. She was found by hunters behind a rest area along Interstate 95, about a mile from the Virginia border. It is unknown how she died but thought she had been deceased for over a year.

She is 4-6 years old and is possibly African American or biracial, with Caucasian admixture. Her bones revealed evidence that she endured some type of trauma to her face prior to her death. The trauma could have resulted from an accident or abuse. Her bones also revealed that she might have suffered from chronic ear infections.

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU/1182692/1/screen

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-83-by-i-95-we-still-dont-know-her-name.1917/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

The small skull of a young child, most likely a black or biracial (White & Black) female, was located in the woods by hunters. Postcranial skeleton recovered, but w/significant scavenging damage to most long bones, ribs, and vertebrae.

NamUs - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2196

Scorpio, Akoya, spike and 1 other person like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I am so scared! This place where I’m at is cold, dark, and lonely. I’m lost and I don’t know where my mommy is. Something happened to me, and I don’t remember my name. I’m not that old, just a little girl. Next year I might have started school. I wish I could remember what happened to me. Then maybe somebody would be able to find my mommy.

Today is December 26, 1983. Yesterday was Christmas. I wonder what I would have got for presents this year. I think a doll would have been really nice. One that I could dress up in different clothes and brush her hair. I would take good care of a baby doll. I wouldn’t hurt her like I’ve been hurt. The policemen said that I might have been abused. If that happened, why did people who were supposed to love me hurt me? The doctor who tried to help me after I died said that I had injuries on my face that showed I had either been abused or had a really bad accident. There are injuries to my skull, face, and nose.

The nice hunters who found me today told the sheriff about me. The files that recorded my discovery got lost though, and nobody did anything with my case until later on. That nice doctor said that I had died maybe sometime in 1982 (that’s like a year before I was found).

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you where they found me. Have you ever been to Virginia or North Carolina? On the big highway (I think they call it I-95), there’s a place at milepost 181 to greet visitors as they’re coming from Virginia into North Carolina. This welcome center has lots of parking spaces for big semis, cars, and trucks. I wonder if I came here in a car. Maybe somebody drove me from Virginia and left me here. The rest stop had a lot of work done to it, so it doesn’t look the same as when I was there. Behind it though, there are lots of trees. There are so many trees you can’t even see to the other side of them!

I don’t know if I came here with my mommy and daddy. Maybe we were going on a birthday or Christmas trip. Maybe we had been visiting my nana and papa and were going back home. Since I’m somewhere between 4 and 8 years old, I was probably pretty curious. The rest stop was a big place to explore. Or maybe I lived in one of the houses nearby and wandered out of the house and into the woods. I might have gotten lost and nobody could find me. I think after a while, it got cold out because it was winter and my ear really started hurting. I got ear infections a lot. The doctor says it’s called a chronic ear infection.

If I didn’t come here with my mommy and daddy, then maybe a bad man took me away. I don’t think I would like being with a bad man. He probably really scared me and made me cry. I might have made him so mad that he hurt me and I died. He didn’t know what to do, so when he saw all the woods around the rest stop, he thought no one would ever find me. He didn’t want to get into trouble, so he just left me in the woods. Maybe he came across the state border and left me in North Carolina just to try to confuse the policemen.

I don’t remember what happened and how I got where I am. Can you help me find my mommy and daddy? I have DNA and dental records that can help tell who I am. I know there a lot of missing girls out there and one of them is me.

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-jane-doe.html

Scorpio, Akoya and spike like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Wow! They sure do know how to bring their stories home. :tears:

Mel70, Scorpio, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Northampton_County_Jane_Doe_(1983)

Northampton County Jane Doe (1983)

Northampton County Jane Doe was a young African-American girl whose partial skeleton was found in 1983.

Case
    The remains were found scattered in a wooded area, indicating her body was hidden by someone. She had possibly suffered from chronic ear infections and had endured some sort of trauma to her face, possibly from abuse or an accident. Her cause of death was never established.

She was originally believed by some to be the remaining parts of the St. Louis Jane Doe, but this was ruled out, according to NamUs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Northampton County Jane Doe

[​IMG]

Sex Female
    Race Black
    Location Northampton County,
    North Carolina
    Found December 26,1983
    Unidentified for 33 years
    Postmortem interval 1+ years
    Body condition Skeletal
    Age approximation 4-6
    Cause of death Not stated

spike and Scorpio like this.
  7. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

8. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://identifyus.org/cases/2196

Case Information
    Status Unidentified
    Case number 83-844
    Date found December 26, 1983 00:00
    Date created July 13, 2008 12:29
    Date last modified July 22, 2015 15:04
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed July 14, 2008 05:21

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
    Agency NC Ofc of the Chief Med Exmnr
    Phone 919-743-9000
    Case Manager
    Name Clyde Gibbs
    Phone 800.672.7024

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Telethia Good 1971 Maryland
    Toya Hill 1973 Maryland
    Phyllis Powell 1957 North Carolina
    Phyllis Powell 1957 North Carolina

9. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://identifyus.org/cases/2196

NamUs UP # 2196
    [​IMG]
    ME/C Case Number: 83-844
    Northampton County, North Carolina
    4 to 7 year old Black/African American Female

Case Report - NamUs UP # 2196
    Case Information

Status Unidentified
    Case number 83-844
    Date found December 26, 1983 00:00
    Date created July 13, 2008 12:29
    Date last modified July 22, 2015 15:04
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed July 14, 2008 05:21

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
    Agency NC Ofc of the Chief Med Exmnr
    Phone 919-743-9000
    Case Manager
    Name Clyde Gibbs
    Phone 800.672.7024

Demographics
    Estimated age PreAdolescent
    Minimum age 4 years
    Maximum age 7 years
    Race Black/African American
    Ethnicity Other
    Sex Female
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) , Cannot Estimate
    Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
    Torso not recovered
    One or both hands not recovered
    Body conditions
    Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
    Probable year of death 0 to 1983

Circumstances
    Location Found
    State North Carolina
    Zip code
    County Northampton
    Circumstances
    The small skull of a young child, most likely a black or biracial (White & Black) female, was located in the woods by hunters. Postcranial skeleton recovered, but w/significant scavenging damage to most long bones, ribs, and vertebrae.

Physical

Medical
    Skeletal findings
    Left inferior border and right gonial area of mandible have bony remodeling, possible due to prior injury. Healed fracture of inferior left nasal. Possible otitis media of both external auditory meati.

Fingerprints

Clothing and Accessories
    No clothing or accessories

Dental
    Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

[​IMG]

10. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Christmas Jane Doe

upload_2016-12-31_15-33-9.jpeg

spike likes this.
  11. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I think "Mommy and/Or Daddy" were the "Culprits". She had evidence of past trauma. And to HER FACE! ESo probably the "Parent". This wasn't a "Kidnap and Kill". I don't believe that for ONE SECOND! The lack of a "Missing Person Report" for a "Matching Child" is a strong indicator. And probably was crying ALOT due to "Chronic Ear infections". I can say FROM EXPERIENCE as a "Child" I had the same problem. It is VERY PAINFUL! I had "Tubes" in my ears 3 Times. So bad I remember "Fluid" running out of my Ear, Down my Face. And I was VERY WELL LOVED AND TAKEN CARE OF! This Child, Probably NEVER went to the Doctor! She was 4-7 Yrs Old. And no one is apparently looking, Or missing the child, Or questioning her "Disappearance". The older the Child, The harder it is to "Explain away". I think She was probably killed in "Abuse gone TOO FAR"!!!. DNA and Dentals are available. Hopefully they can link her to someone. And there will be her killer. But unfortunately it's been 35 YEARS!