1. WISCONSIN: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 13-year-old Jayme Closs, who was determined to be missing after her parents were found murdered in Barron, WI.
    There is currently no suspect or vehicle information, but Jayme's life is believed to be in extreme danger.
    Click HERE for more information

Dismiss Notice
  2. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CO CHRISTOPHER ABEYTA: Missing from Colorado Springs, CO - 15 July 1986 - Age 7 months

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 25, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

7-month-old Christopher was last seen when he was put to bed around midnight on July 15, 1986. His parents found his crib empty the next morning. Christopher's family have a suspect in mind, but no concluding evidence has been found to say what happened to Christopher.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Find Christopher Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/findchristopher
    NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/600552/1
    NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3902/0/
    Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/abeyta_christopher.html

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...r-abevta-missing-from-colorado-springs-co.40/

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  2. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

That CharleyProject link was a hard read @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed. Christopher looked like a little angel, those eyes especially. :tears:

3. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Is this one of the most complicated set of circumstances you have ever heard of @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed?

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh my! And coming out to say that makes me think they are pretty sure of it. Otherwise, it would be risky.

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Walk held to remember murdered loved ones

Colorado law enforcement is trying to crack 1,900 cold cases that have happened since 1970.

Bernice Abeyta doesn't know what happened to her 7-month-old.

"It's very hard to go on year after year," she said.

Christopher vanished 29 years ago. Abeyta now clings to a photograph of what he might look like today.

"When I first saw this one, I just felt close to it," Abeyta said. "I just felt that's how he would look. ... Twenty-nine years is a long time and you're getting older and you know you're facing death, so you get a little more desperate."

http://kdvr.com/2015/09/02/walk-held-to-remember-murdered-loved-ones/

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

How heart wrenching for them. To have to pay money to the person they believe is responsible for the disappearance of their little boy. :(

Jury Sides With Woman Who Sued Family Of Missing Boy

The family of a missing boy must pay more than $155,000 in damages to the woman they accused of being a suspect. That woman, Emma Bradshaw, filed a civil lawsuit for defamation of character. The jury sided with her.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/...nding-Case-of-Missing-Baby-Boy-346469952.html

Jury orders family of missing boy Christopher Abeyta to pay $150K

A jury has ruled that the sister of a missing boy must pay $150,000 to the woman the family has accused in his disappearance.

According to FindChristopher.com, the family believes that Emma Bradshaw, the mistress of Christopher's father, was involved.

The Facebook page, Find Christopher says in its description, "We believe Emma Bradshaw of Castle Rock, CO is responsible for his disappearance."

Bradshaw filed a lawsuit saying emails to her boss and Facebook posts from Christopher's sister, Denise Alvez, defamed her, according to KRDO-TV.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...jury-orders-sister-of-missing-boy-to-pay-150k

Scorpio, Advocate and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

Wow! Were they not able to map out their reasons enough? I sure hope this woman had nothing to do with this whatsoever or it could be a real problem for "putting on the heat" toward all wrongdoers.

Scorpio and Advocate like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Scorpio and Advocate like this.
  10. Kimster

11. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Was curious to see what would happen because this is similar to Cathy's daughter Alexis' case in that she feels the adoptive father killed her daughter

12. Kimster

If there aren't any indicators someone is involved in a murder, leave it alone. If MSM talks about someone involved in a case, then there isn't much to worry about because they'd have to sue the whole country. But we certainly wouldn't want anyone harassing somebody. Even in the case of sex offenders, we can say that they are registered sex offender and they live in the area, but if you go so far as to harass them or cause them to lose a job, you're on your own! Can't do that!

Use MSM links here. Be wise!

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother's dying wish is to find missing son after 30 years

In the middle of the night, on July 15, 1986, a baby vanished from his home in Colorado Springs.

Just like that.

Christopher Abeyta, who was 7 months old at the time, hasn’t been seen since.

His mother, Bernice Abeyta and her family have never stopped searching for him.

Her search had always been urgent. But now, time is running out.

The 73-year-old was just told she has a rare terminal cancer and a mass on her liver.

Doctors are giving her about 8 months to live. She’s started chemo treatments, but is still looking for her baby boy.

Colorado Springs Police say they have questioned people of interest, but no one has been arrested in the case.

The family has their own suspicions, but there’s never been enough evidence to convince police to take the case to a grand jury.

“The truth will come out eventually, I feel that deep down inside me,” The boy’s father, Gil Abeyta said. “They may not believe us and they may think we’re making it up, but there will come a day when all of a sudden the truth will come out.”

Bernice’s dying wish is to just see her son one more time.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/mothers-dying-wish-is-to-find-missing-son-after-30-years/215240808

Scorpio and spike like this.
  14. Advocate

So sad to see his mom is terminal. I pray they get a lead.

Back in 2013 I gave his sister info on how to do DNA at Ancestry, 23 and me, Family Tree DNA and a few other sites that are free. I told her that a lot of adoptees were doing it. If Christopher thinks he's adopted he could end up doing it too. I also gave her info for DNA adoption "angels" that help them with the results and databases

I figured its easier for them to do it back then with both parents still alive. I asked her the other day (at another place) if they ever did it, haven't gotten an answer. I've asked a few times since giving the info. Its their best shot since the ex-GF isn't telling.

15. Advocate

Christopher's sister let me know that mom did her DNA a few weeks ago. Praying she find him that way

16. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Mom’s dying wish is to find her son who went missing 30 years ago

http://kdvr.com/2016/10/07/moms-dying-wish-is-to-find-her-son-who-went-missing-30-years-ago/

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A Colorado Springs mother diagnosed with terminal cancer has a dying wish.

Bernice Abeyta wants to know what happened to her baby boy who went missing more than 30 years ago.

On a wall of cards in Bernice Abeyta's home, wishes for her health and happiness.

The 73-year old has been given a terminal diagnosis, she has stage four gallbladder cancer.

Now, for her, there is only one wish that matters, and time is running out for it to be granted.

“I do believe he`s still alive and at this point I`ve been trying to communicate with him and talk to him and just say, you might have to find me Christopher,” Abeyta said.

Christopher, her seven-month old son, was snatched from his crib overnight from their family home in Colorado Springs three decades ago.

“You want your children to be free … and have a life. So I`d like this solved before I go,” she said through tears.

Before she goes, she wants to know the truth of what happened.

“I think there are people out there that know something and they have been lied to and told stories to,” Abeyta said.

She also wants him to know she's never stopped looking for him.

“I`d like to tell him we never gave up. We never would give up. He was the light of our life,” she said.

An age progression photo shows what the boy might look like today as a 30-year-old man.

Now battling against cancer and time, she said she'll spend her final days doing what she knows best, fighting for Christopher.

“I wouldn`t be alive if I didn`t do it,” she said.

Colorado Springs Police say they now have a person of interest in the case.

It's someone that family members have suspected for years.

Abeyta and her six other kids are now trying to get a grand jury investigation open to finally bring closure to the case.

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

If her prognosis was correct, she only has a few months left. :(

If that's true, it's a shame they spent 30 years ignoring the family's pleas to investigate this person. I hope that Bernice can hang in there long enough to have an answer.

Advocate, spike and MissyMoo like this.
  18. Advocate

Links in bold
    Christopher's family are asking for cards to be sent to his mom. I can say that my dad got a lot of joy from reading cards that his friends had sent especially since he had been retired from work a few years where most of the friends were from. I used to hang a ribbon on his hospital room wall, hung the cards from them. He had so many it took up 2 large walls.
    Christopher Abeyta posted September 3 at 10:06am ·

Christopher Abeyta posted

Attached Files:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  19. Advocate

Saying a prayer for Christopher's mother that the new targeted therapy works a miracle! Some of the clinical trials offer a lot of hope. My dad was going to do a stem cell clinical trial but it took a long time to figure out which of us could donate, then he was admitted to do the transplant, we found out his cancer took over before he could get them

Christopher Abeyta posted November 14 at 1:51pm ·

Christopher Abeyta shared their post. November 15 at 10:48pm ·

20. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Does anybody know how the treatment went/is going?

Kimster likes this.